What's new

Member Soapbox Inner Stoner Gets the Better of me, Time to fast.

K

Kava Steve

@Squanch72 Lawena in light doses too much and has opposite effect, same with Moi... But neither do what Calm Mate from KKRUS does... When my body starts shutting down, gulping some more keeps me moving, it is night and day difference when it starts wearing off... The Kava in the Calm Mate also helps with body aches at larger dosages (4 tbs) for me... It does take self motivation to get going but once you are in the grind it's pretty hard to stop until your body tells you no more.

Pouni Ono is another but I have mixed results, I think it's a matter of getting the dose right

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Being that dhk and dhm supposedly have a half-life of about 9 hours, the next day shield effect makes sense. Also drink the same heavy root for a week straight, and your dhk/dhm blood levels could be quite high for several days even with abstinence. I absolutely believe even noble root causes next day sluggishness with regular consumption

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Somebody that payed attention in school please do the math for me. I know there's a math equation for this, and I'm guessing pi is involved. If you drink the same amount of the same root at the same time every night for seven days, how much dhk and dhm would be in your system on the eighth morning if those kl's have a half-life of 9 hours? I'm guessing it could possibly be a session's worth still in your blood even 24 hours after your last session.

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I absolutely believe even noble root causes next day sluggishness with regular consumption
Indeed, people often forget to consider the fact that DHM, DMY and DHK are still a percentage of the most heady or noble roots. If you drink high doses you're still getting a good slog of heavies in you. ::fkb:: and FKA as well for that matter, just to a lesser degree.

D

Deleted User01

@awametal, a good micro brew or glass of wine is great if done in measured doses. I guess if I were young and played Tennis all day or Jogged 3-6 miles every day (all things I used to do), then I wouldn't care about measured doses. But I'm down to fast walking and yoga so the pounds pile on readily. Here is my current strategy for the morning. Before I used to eat high fiber cereal and coffee for breakfast. An hour later my wife and I go for a fast 35 min. walk. I come back ravenous and get into the Peanuts, Pretzels, and Pringles. Yeah, the Killer Ps. That's rubbish. So the last 2 days, I have done 2 soft boiled eggs with 2 slices of toasted 9 grain bread. Yummy! :hungry: I go walking, and I come back "not hungry". So there goes one out of control snack session down the drain. Eat a good lunch, smoothie and salad for Supper and I'm waayyyyy ahead of the game. So this is the kind of diet that I think I can maintain for a while. Pretty soon the existing food in the fridge will be replaced by home made soups for lunch and that's when the weight comes flying off. And the soups are damn good. :hungry: I'm working my ass off to get my wife involved in all this and make sure it is something she can "happily" execute. I can lose weight anytime I want and I know how, she has more problems with that even though she works and works-out like the energizer bunny.
The whole trick is to develop a diet and life style that you can maintain for long periods of time (except the holidays). And you have to get everyone in the household on board. If you fail at those 2 things, you are doomed to failure. This will be the first time that everyone is on board and I'm very optimistic.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
@Deleted User01 Yes it really is about controlling your diet. I am very active with exercise, but a big part of losing the weight and keeping it off is changing your diet and changing your mindset about it. You really can live on less food, and if the food you consume is healthy then what you do eat goes a lot further towards maintaining your health and keeping you satisfied. Keep losing those pounds. Once its all off you'll be motivated to keep it off knowing the work that went into getting rid of it.

I was visiting someone in a cardiac unit who just had a heart operation back in May. You walk down the hall looking at the people in their rooms, and you are struck by how many of them are fat. They all have that scar down the center of their chest. After seeing one or two of them, you know that the cardiac unit is one of the last places you want to end up - especially since for the most part - it is preventable. Now some people, like the person I know, have (had) congenital issues such as a bicuspid (vs the normal tricuspid) valve and there was nothing they could do about it. However, most people in a cardiac unit are there because of abusing their body with sugar, fat, smoke, alcohol, and lack of exercise. Got $250,000? That's what buying one of those chest scars cost. Chapter 13 anyone?

D

Deleted User01

Everything you say is true. Everyone is way too fat in this country. I see it when I go shopping and watch everyone waddling around. By the way, I already lost 1 pound. Heh, heh, heh. And I'm not even fat. I just want to lose about 5 pounds and I'm perfect. I'm kinda a stickler for that but this whole diet thing is an attempt to find out why the hell my wife can't lose weight with her active life style and good eating habits. One thing I told her, no more Pasta Salad for you. She almost cried. I may have found the culprit. :LOL:

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
How current, my girlfriend finally wants to diet, she brought it up last night, so now it will be much easier to stay on track. Plus easier than figuring out meals all the time. Lots of salads and protein from now on. Not even going to let her rethink it, I am loading up on salads and meat for the grill right after work tonight.

D

Deleted User01

@Squanch72, you might think about at least 1 liquid meal a day to "jump start" the diet. Tonite, it's the smoothie with a small green salad. I'm not putting spinach in the smoothie 'cause she won't drink it. So I put fruit and ice and it's a "slushy". Noon was chicken soup that she makes. But yeah, some people can't handle carbos and my wife seems to be one of them. Pizza, pasta salad, popcorn, pretzels, cookies, pies, and any type of sweet bread. She's sweating bullets right now but we have a ton of fruit in the house including apple salad which I made. Right now, she is munching on baked corn tortillas (made in the oven today). A little hot sauce and lime and she's good but it's been a battle all day and it's only day 2. :rolleyes: Man, I hope she doesn't have "carbo" withdrawal. :D Hey Squanch, I love grilled veggies.:hungry: Just a little olive oil and salt. Try to put a char on them. Less meat and more veggies. The veggies don't get stuck in your colon. Yup, I had to bring that up. :eek:

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yeah I got chip monsters in my house. I need to do the fruit thing too. I'm a carb fiend too and they stick too me also. I have been doing great about not snacking since the kava but need to get more veggies in me. Not a big fan of veggies but can tear up salads. I would fine with some chick peas in there for protein or nuts. Just need to keep the other's on board.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Woah Deleted User01, if your low carb diet is fruit smoothies and corn tortillas what do you guys normally eat? :eek:

D

Deleted User01

Remember when Deleted User01 used to talked about juicy mesquite briskets, wood smoked ribs cooked to perfection, elote con mayonesa, limon, chile y parmesano. mmmmmmmm
Way to go @Shakas, now I'm salivating all over my desk. :hungry: But I'm getting my revenge right now by saying, "I lost another 1 pound". So that's 2 pounds in 2 days. And I'm not killing myself and I'm not going to bed hungry or anything like that. You know we actually made "elote" as a side dish one year for Christmas. Yeah, it's way better than brussel sprouts. :eek: Anyway, we celebrate a birthday today so the diet is going down the drain till Friday. Dang, I'll bet I gain that pound back. I'll do soup for lunch as a countermeasure. Also, I was totally stressed out yesterday and did my Kava so the 3 day fast didn't last. But I needed it, I was ready to kill someone yesterday. Today I'm feeling rather mellow.:love:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hahha I feel ya @Deleted User01 I can't wait to get out of work and chug down some instant kava.. also seriously allways drink water before you eat. It will taste better feel better and think of it this way. Your stomach is a tea maker .. and it uses water you drink to make tea out of the food you eat and sends that "tea" into your blood stream ect. If you don't have enough water think what happens... it gets stuck places like your colon... it's like how diluted is your kava with water makes a big difference to how thick and groggy it is.. you don't want that thick groggy ness in your body without water haha! All food becomes tea !!!!!

D

Deleted User01

@Mrbinx69. Yes, I do drink a lot of water and I'm trying to get my wife into that. I tell ya what, you do water all day, do kava, and then drink a big old fruit smoothie, and you will be peeing like a race horse all night long. But I'm seeing results and that's all it takes to keep me motivated.

D

Deleted User01

@Mrbinx69, I haven't done it yet but I was wondering if anyone has ever put some instant or Micronized Kava in their smoothie? What a fantastic mid afternoon snack if it works!:hungry:

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Losing weight: My wife started doing a reduced carb thing -- 50 grams of carbs per day max. Anything you eat, measure the carbs by
taking what the package says, then subtract, gram per gram, the fiber. E.g., 20 grams carbs per serving, 5 grams fiber == 15 grams carbs.

She starting losing weight steadily, and it's easy to stick to. I joined her and lost weight too. We told many of our friends about
it, and they've *ALL* lost weight and agree it's easy to stick to.

Plenty of protein and greens, 50 grams/day carbs, and the weight will drop. Not super fast, but steadily.

I find that kava helps the whole thing too, since when I partake, my appetite drops dramatically, and I generally just want
protein anyway (chicken, hot dogs, etc.)