What's new

Instant kava preparation questions

tangled

Hello.
I just bought instant kava from GHK, but can't find how to prepare it. Do I make it like tea? Do I boil the water? What is the ratio of kava to water?
Thank you

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hello.
I just bought instant kava from GHK, but can't find how to prepare it. Do I make it like tea? Do I boil the water? What is the ratio of kava to water?
Thank you
Hi, it really depends on the person but I suggest starting with 1-2 teaspoon of kava per 1 cup of water and you can drink 1-2 cups. Some have told me they use more kava and some have told me that 1 teaspoon is fine with them. Please let me know if you have any other questions, aloha.

Chris

violet

Do all things with love
It's very important to consume instant kava on a fasted empty stomach to experience effects.

S

Summer

I started off with teaspoon increments when I first tried kava, but now I start with one level tablespoon to a little less than a cup of ice cold water and repeat every 20-30 minutes. I usually feel full effects at 3-4 tablespoons.

Edit: I don't measure my water, but it usually ends up being 4-5 quick gulps because I don't like to draw the process out. Also, it helps to have a strong chaser such as crystallized ginger or a spritz of Listerine.

Last edited by a moderator: