What's new

"Instant" Kava.

So after breaking through the initial tolerance barrier, I've been having some good experiences with Kava. To the point where I'd like to try it before work. In a smaller dose than "normal". I'm wondering how "instant" kava products are? Are they effective? I'd be buying from australiakavashop.com and they say their instant is made from "juice" not micronised kava. Would it be ok to put that in a coffee or other drink? Would I feel any effects at? Many thanks.

Szafirek

Kava Curious
So after breaking through the initial tolerance barrier, I've been having some good experiences with Kava. To the point where I'd like to try it before work. In a smaller dose than "normal". I'm wondering how "instant" kava products are? Are they effective? I'd be buying from australiakavashop.com and they say their instant is made from "juice" not micronised kava. Would it be ok to put that in a coffee or other drink? Would I feel any effects at? Many thanks.
Kava instant gives the same results as medium grind. Instant has a different consistency - it settles much faster. It has a less intense taste. You need smaller amounts - nothing stays in the bag.
Personally, I prefer medium gring - consistency, taste, preparation process. However, instant kava is convenient.

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
In a smaller dose than "normal". I'm wondering how "instant" kava products are?... Would it be ok to put that in a coffee or other drink? Would I feel any effects at?
I wouldn't put Instant in a hot beverage. Instant is expensive and the effect of such heat on the kavalactones may result in a weaker outcome, not to mention a less than ideal coffee flavour. Much better to add 3-5g of Instant to 150ml of room temperature water and then have your coffee. Alternatively, add the Instant to a some fruit juice and then have your coffee.
Cheers,
Peter
ozkava.au

KF approv - Forney logos with bowl 02-09-22.png

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I wonder if it ruins the coffee. Some coffees taste like cardboard, though so it is not a major loss.

I imagine that kava would absolutely ruin a mild roast gentle coffee. Not much to ruin if it is soluble coffee :D

Chakram

Kava Curious
Either way, I can’t say I liked Instant kava. Or maybe I just don’t like Fire Island. But it really put me on edge - every noise bothered me, & I couldn’t stand my boyfriend touching me, type of on edge.

*edit - apologies, I thought this was a different thread, but it’s still relevant to the instant convo I guess