What's new

Instant kava

in recovery

Kava Curious
Does anyone know how good instant kava is? Do you need much less than say medium grind kava or micronised and which of the 3 kinds mentioned give more bang for your buck? I also have to take into account shipping cost as I'm in the uk

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
Instant in way more convenient but is more expensive and in my experience doesn't provide the same depth of experience. I can have 20g of instant and I'll be 60-70% of the way there to what 40g of medium grind would do, but if I carry on shelling more instant after 20g, I never really see much more effect.

There is in no denying medium grind is cheaper, even when shipping to UK is taken into account.

I've avoided micronized as I don't like the idea or the sound of the side effects, so i count really comment.

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
Personally I try and keep a bit of both in stock. If I want a good session, I'll whip up a batch of medium grind. I only use the instant if I just fancy a little something to take the edge off, as it were, but if often leaves me wanting.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
If you wanna go buck wild, pre-make kava ice cubes the way you usually make grog, but make it stronger with just enough water to fill 2-3 ice cube trays. When you feel like getting an extra kick, you can brew a batch and toss how ever many cubes to make it stronger.

Cheaper than instant and the ice cubes can be made from any medium and experimenting is fun!
Expect dermo much faster & enjoy! :)

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I'm so pleased for you @Osadandaula UK. Hooray for @Root & Pestle!
I'm on a new pound of it and my stupid body isn't responding, guess it's a different lot than the last (it's me, not them, I take ages before my body will respond to slight variations in my kava. annoying and expensive). smashing through it. cmon, body!
How much are you finding is your sweet spot?

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
I'm so pleased for you @Osadandaula UK. Hooray for @Root & Pestle!
I'm on a new pound of it and my stupid body isn't responding, guess it's a different lot than the last (it's me, not them, I take ages before my body will respond to slight variations in my kava. annoying and expensive). smashing through it. cmon, body!
How much are you finding is your sweet spot?
Oh no, that is annoying and expensive! Yesterday was the first time and I did 13g expecting a pretty mild chill but it was more like 3/4 of the way into a proper kava session. I’ll experiment to find a sweet spot, interested to see what 20g does :unsure: