What's new

Kava Preparation Instapot Kava (Crosspost from Reddit)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'm interest. Not getting excited til I hear more reports, especially from experienced drinkers and hard heads. Any KF members have an "InstaPot" ?

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I'm interest. Not getting excited til I hear more reports, especially from experienced drinkers and hard heads. Any KF members have an "InstaPot" ?
I’ve got one but because of budgeting probably won’t have any kava till next week (unless someone wants to send me some haha) When I do get some though I will give it a shot. @Kapmcrunk I thought this thread was going to be about combining another ingredient with Kava, maybe change the title to Instapot

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If you eat 3 TBS grind, you're gonna get krunk in most cases. Did the post mention any straining involved?
RanxRoxS

No, I put the water and kava root into the IP, locked the lid, and ran it on high pressure for 5 min, then I let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes. When it was done, I strained it through my normal straining bag into a big bowl and then poured it into a plastic container so it would be easier to pour. I'm pretty excited too. I'd like to see if it works for other people.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Wait, what??? I thought kava wasn't supposed to be high heated?
I recall reading that some kavalactones survive the heat and others don’t. Although i can’t find the source for that info, I’m definitely going to give it a shot but I will not look forward to cleaning the pot afterwards seeing as the damn things are a bitch to clean after normal use

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
I tend to simmer my kava with milk until it's thick and strain through a nylon sieve. It comes out more potent that other methods I've used, so I take the heat killing thing with a pinch of salt.