What's new

International shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksi

Hello.

I din't find any contact on the GHK website, so i'll ask here.

For @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and others...
What kind of International Shipping is provided ?
Do europeans who order to GHK can tell me how long usually does it take to ship to western Europe ?
Is it normal that it's not possible to choose the option "1 lb. outside USA" for the Mahakea Medium Grind or is it just a mistake ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hello.

I din't find any contact on the GHK website, so i'll ask here.

For @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and others...
What kind of International Shipping is provided ?
Do europeans who order to GHK can tell me how long usually does it take to ship to western Europe ?
Is it normal that it's not possible to choose the option "1 lb. outside USA" for the Mahakea Medium Grind or is it just a mistake ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Tell me where you live and I can tell you if I ship there. There are some places in Europe that will not allow the kava to go through customs. I do not ship to Germany because this is one of the countries that will stop the kava at customs. Aloha.

Chris

Ksi

I didn't expect my questions will be so difficult to answer. So probably i didn't ask clearly due to my english being not good enough. So i'll try to reformulate.

@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava :

- Do you ship to Slovenia and/or France?

- What kind of International Shipping is used to send your parcels : USPS First Class International? USPS Priority mail? Anything else?

- On your website, it's possible to order "1lb. outside USA" for all your medium grind kavas except for Mahakea. Is it intentional?

Else is there someone from western Europe able to give me an idea of the time it needs for the parcels to comme from GHK to home ? Not that i'm in a hurry but if i go to travel i need to evaluate if the parcel will arrive soon enough before i leave.

I hope my questions are more understandable now, thanks a lot for your answers.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
To all you kava lovers outside the USA. I am very sorry but there are a lot of places that I just can not ship kava. Right now I only ship in the USA, Canada, Japan and New Zealand. I wish I could ship to Europe but it is too problematic. Some tell me to just write tea on the package and it will get through, that may be but they are starting to catch on to that as well. I know of one person in Germany who has gotten his kava that way with no problems, now they seem to be catching on because they stopped his last shipment and it looks like he might have to pay a fine because it is against the law to bring in kava, it seems you need a prescription and even with that you are only allowed to get the capsules with kava extract.
So until Europe gets it together and understands that the kava ban is over then I will not be able to ship to any place other than where I ship now. I really wish I could help but I have had people want me to put a different price on the customs form and mark it as tea and then by chance if customs takes the kava then they look to be to give them a refund, not to mention if the kava is lost and I try to claim the insurance then I can only get the lesser amount that the customs form has, the lower amount the customer wanted me to put on so they do not have to pay as much tax. It is just a big mess for me to do all of this.
Some people are great and understand the risk but some complain to me a lot because customs took there kava, not my fault. If it ever becomes easier or actually legal to ship kava to other places then I will certainly do that. I am also interested to find out if there is any place in Europe that it is legal to ship kava to so if anyone knows, please let me know. I hope this explains everything and I hope you all understand but most of all I hope that your governments will change there stance on kava. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

I hear ya @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava .. damned if you do and damned if you don't. After apologizing for the kava madness in the 1990s, that darn German official did a 180 and went back to villifying it. Someone is getting paid off to keep Kava out of Germany and that kind of crap easily spreads to the other European countries.

EM81

Kava Curious
That´s a shame, especially that people can´t accept that by ordering something that is prohibited to import they are taking a certain risk.

If I may put in a word for Norway here @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, and hopefully you might make an exeption for us: the new practice for customs over here is that if they discover herbal supplements (like kava - It´s not considered illegal drugs, so its not criminal but you need prescription), they will send a letter to the receiver asking for a prescription. If the receiver fails to present one customs will just destroy the shipment. They won´t return it to the vendor. This is official policy as explained here (google translated):
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=no&tl=en&u=https://www.tnt.com/express/no_no/site/home/help-center/Servicemeldinger/20151001-nye_regler_om_privat_import_av_legemidler.html

Because customs sends an explanation to the receiver, every customer in Norway who has their shipment seized will know why they didn´t receive it, and will not have any reason to complain to the vendor. Losing their shipment is therefore a calculated risk that everyone in noway who does this is aware of. And per my experience, customs in norway don´t care about kava from the US, they are focused on the massive amounts of cannabis, RC, and mdma that people order from china and the netherlands, and not innocent dietary supplements. Hence, ordering kava is usually not a problem.

The upper limit for duty-free import is at the moment $41, and this amount includes shipping fees (go figure...). This is the reason why people ask you to mark down the price. If you find this to be a hassle, I personally don´t mind ordering several shipments, or just paying customs fees (they are calculated by the mail company through a differen system, so won´t cause the parcel to be checked by customs as such), but it helps a lot if you exclude the shipping cost in the total that you print on the parcel.

Really hope that you´ll reconsider for us Norwegians, as we are very few and very decent :)

Last edited:
Tell me where you live and I can tell you if I ship there. There are some places in Europe that will not allow the kava to go through customs. I do not ship to Germany because this is one of the countries that will stop the kava at customs. Aloha.

Chris
Hello Chris, i will be more then delighted if i can receive some of your kava in France.
Please , inform me if this is possible.
sincere regards

Elina Kechicheva

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi, I really don't know if it is legal or not. I suggest you contact customs in your area and ask them if it is or not. I will ship it as long as they say it is okay to ship Kava (piper methisticum) Aloha.

Chris

A

adrian

Hi Chris, I went in to get myself another pound of your wonderful Kava and discovered New Zealand appears to have disappeared from the list of countries you can ship to... it is certainly still legal so keen to know if it will become available or not.

Thanks,
Adrian

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Chris, I went in to get myself another pound of your wonderful Kava and discovered New Zealand appears to have disappeared from the list of countries you can ship to... it is certainly still legal so keen to know if it will become available or not.

Thanks,
Adrian
Hi Adrian, I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you have any other questions. Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi chris, i sent a dirct message. Do you ship to the uk?
I wish I could send to the UK but I can not. I know there is a thing that people use, I forget what it is called, @Edward would be able to tell you what it is.
It works like this, you buy an item and have it sent to this company and this company receives it and then sends it to you. I am sure there is a fee but Edward should be able to answer any questions you might have about that. Let me know if you have any other questions, aloha.

Chris

Greeza

To all you kava lovers outside the USA. I am very sorry but there are a lot of places that I just can not ship kava. Right now I only ship in the USA, Canada, Japan and New Zealand. I wish I could ship to Europe but it is too problematic. Some tell me to just write tea on the package and it will get through, that may be but they are starting to catch on to that as well. I know of one person in Germany who has gotten his kava that way with no problems, now they seem to be catching on because they stopped his last shipment and it looks like he might have to pay a fine because it is against the law to bring in kava, it seems you need a prescription and even with that you are only allowed to get the capsules with kava extract.
So until Europe gets it together and understands that the kava ban is over then I will not be able to ship to any place other than where I ship now. I really wish I could help but I have had people want me to put a different price on the customs form and mark it as tea and then by chance if customs takes the kava then they look to be to give them a refund, not to mention if the kava is lost and I try to claim the insurance then I can only get the lesser amount that the customs form has, the lower amount the customer wanted me to put on so they do not have to pay as much tax. It is just a big mess for me to do all of this.
Some people are great and understand the risk but some complain to me a lot because customs took there kava, not my fault. If it ever becomes easier or actually legal to ship kava to other places then I will certainly do that. I am also interested to find out if there is any place in Europe that it is legal to ship kava to so if anyone knows, please let me know. I hope this explains everything and I hope you all understand but most of all I hope that your governments will change there stance on kava. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Hi Chris, I live in Japan, and was wondering if you still ship here?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.