What's new

is drinking kava every night unhealthy?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
What... @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava you use mostly instant? I figured you would be using fresh undried kava! I want to try the fresh stuff pretty badly.::kavaleaf::
I know what you mean but it takes more time to make the fresh kava drink and I just don't have the time for the most part but the fresh does have a different flavor and a strong effect but you have to use a lot more kava by weight than the powder. For a beginner it is hard to find out how much fresh root to use for the drink. I will use about2 pounds of fresh root to make 4 cups of good and strong kava. Some even make it stronger. The Micronesian's add very little water to there fresh root so they have a very strong brew. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I've been drinking kava most nights since 1995, and during that period my hair has fallen out, my eyesight has got worse, and I have started to listen to music that I would have sneered at around 1995.
I'm hoping for a $1million research grant from Germany to prove or disprove a connection.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Chirs , which instant do you use?
I actually drink the Moi instant the most but I have been drinking Nene instant for the past week. I will make some special instants for myself sometimes, only because I do not have enough to sell to all of you Hawaiian Kava lovers out there. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

gdm

Kava Curious
Chris , curious to how much instant you use. Reason I ask is, I have compared your instant to your micronized ( same kava) and did not notice any difference. Your regular grind kava seems to have the strongest effects and and best price per effects. Shouldn't the instant be the strongest? Cost about twice as much per pound.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Chris , curious to how much instant you use. Reason I ask is, I have compared your instant to your micronized ( same kava) and did not notice any difference. Your regular grind kava seems to have the strongest effects and and best price per effects. Shouldn't the instant be the strongest? Cost about twice as much per pound.
Instant is not only stronger per gram than med grind, but above all is far more convenient and smooth. Now, some people dind micronised to be more affordable without being more difficult to drink. But for many other people micro isn't as smooth and it is a bit harsher on the stomach. Chris' instant is the closest thing to drinking fresh kava in Vanuatu I know..

gdm

Kava Curious
Did not compare instant or micronized to medium grind instant, too hard to figure on a gram to gram basis. Did not find any difference instant vs micronized ( same kava's) using same (gram) amount. Shouldn't instant be stronger? Or is has it a different effect ( as some say, more like fresh kava ).
Curious to how much (grams ) people use of the instant kava vs medium grind.

D

Deleted User01

I drink kava almost every night and I have been doing so for over 25 years, no problems. As long as it is Noble kava then you should be fine. Aloha. Chris
What he said is correct. I only drink Moi and Nene, 2 of the most noble kavas. I will do some Mahakea or Hiwa on Friday. I have never had dermo and my liver tests and GCT have been outstanding. I do kava 4-5 days a week and mostly micronized. For me, buying Kava from GHK is like buying organic. It costs a little more but it's pure and fresh.