What's new

Is Haloween a good day to crack into Nambawan for the 1st time?

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
...while dragging kids through snow, sleet, hail, and rain...
Man, the great charm of halloween was always getting to run around with a group of friends at night all over town getting candy and dressing like monsters (and, yes, putting up sometimes with a foot of snow). Do ALL kids now get stuck with their parents hovering over them on halloween??? I remember seeing TV shows at the time of urban parents covering over their kids while the sun was still up and thinking that that would completely ruin halloween. [And FYI my parents were considered strict by all my friends and normally were more demanding of knowing where I was than their parents.]

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I have yet to try it! I wanted to try something new tonight. I'll probably drink a few shells of a heavy kava by 1pm today. I'm the one taking the little ones around to "trick or treat". I find this odd but since it is tradition, we go with it. Anyway, I will be bringing a LARGE mug of something! Is it a good day to try Nambawan? I do not have to drive anywhere. I was thinking something "heady" might help with socializing with the neighbors, too much going on for my socially anxious brain to deal without installing Kava! Other ideas?
I'm very upset that I am *still* waiting on my over $100 order from ROH to arrive. It's been two weeks and it hasn't left Sacromento. I'm about to report fraud to my bank. Yes, I did contact them twice with zero resolution. I don't mind spending but I do mind not getting the products and no answers from the owners on resolving the matter. Anyway, I do not have the kava that I did want to try tonight.
So, what are you having??
Hope you're having a good experience! My only concern with Nambawan would be getting overly krunked if you've never tried it before. I wouldn't drink more than 6-7 tablespoons if I had to be out and about, interact with people, and had never tried it before. And if I hadn't had to interact with people while krunked before, I probably wouldn't drink much more than 4-5 tablespoons.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Hope you're having a good experience! My only concern with Nambawan would be getting overly krunked if you've never tried it before. I wouldn't drink more than 6-7 tablespoons if I had to be out and about, interact with people, and had never tried it before. And if I hadn't had to interact with people while krunked before, I probably wouldn't drink much more than 4-5 tablespoons.
I prepped 5 tablespoonsful but got krunked off Boronguru before I could safely try it! So, tomorrow, after work, it's my Friday. I'll try it then. Thanks for the "heads up'! :)

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Man, the great charm of halloween was always getting to run around with a group of friends at night all over town getting candy and dressing like monsters (and, yes, putting up sometimes with a foot of snow). Do ALL kids now get stuck with their parents hovering over them on halloween??? I remember seeing TV shows at the time of urban parents covering over their kids while the sun was still up and thinking that that would completely ruin halloween. [And FYI my parents were considered strict by all my friends and normally were more demanding of knowing where I was than their parents.]
Well.... I have ten children! All mine and my husbands. So, my oldest son (17) and oldest daughter (14) came with me to take the littles around (ages 4-8yr old twins). The 11 yr old and 12 yr old were allowed to go off on their own. Also, it was dark but, I mean, we KNOW the entire neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to them. However, our two youngest are just getting used to the entire process and very much wanted "mama" with them. ;)

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
My cousin passed away today. She was actually my grandmother's cousin. She and I were close when I was a teen and into my 20s. I used to go to her house before work when I was 17 and 18 and help her around the house because she had rheumatoid arthritis. She was kind to me for many years. We eventually grew apart when I started having children. She always would tell me how she wanted there to be a party when she died instead of a funeral. She wants people to celebrate life. I wonder, if her dying on Halloween means she'll be sticking around for a few days. Here in Arizona, we also have Day of the Dead coming up. I don't feel like she's quite gone yet. I'll drink some kava to her and hope she has a peaceful passing.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Well.... I have ten children! All mine and my husbands. So, my oldest son (17) and oldest daughter (14) came with me to take the littles around (ages 4-8yr old twins). The 11 yr old and 12 yr old were allowed to go off on their own. Also, it was dark but, I mean, we KNOW the entire neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to them. However, our two youngest are just getting used to the entire process and very much wanted "mama" with them. ;)
Awesome. That makes sense. I came from a family with 7 kids. I'm the youngest (which means my mom's mother's intuition was so intense we all thought she was psychic).

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
My cousin passed away today. She was actually my grandmother's cousin. She and I were close when I was a teen and into my 20s. I used to go to her house before work when I was 17 and 18 and help her around the house because she had rheumatoid arthritis. She was kind to me for many years. We eventually grew apart when I started having children. She always would tell me how she wanted there to be a party when she died instead of a funeral. She wants people to celebrate life. I wonder, if her dying on Halloween means she'll be sticking around for a few days. Here in Arizona, we also have Day of the Dead coming up. I don't feel like she's quite gone yet. I'll drink some kava to her and hope she has a peaceful passing.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for her. In my religion the day after tomorrow is a special day to pray for all the dead (and in fact we are encouraged to take time to go visit cemeteries and pray for the dead and the whole month of November is customarily dedicated to praying for the dead). In my religion, tonight and, especially tomorrow, is dedicating to honoring those who are already in the fullness of eternal joy and who care for us and pray for us (and to remember that we are supposed get there too).

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost a son...#6 in the #10 line. Here one moment, healthy as can be, and gone in his sleep. It takes awhile to wrap your head around a sudden passing. Today is All Souls day but tomorrow is All Saints Day (yes, we are Catholic as well). We celebrate that the living and the dead with Mass. I will be sure to light a candle for your cousin tomorrow. One day, you will be at peace with it. Xx

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

I wouldn't be able to take my kids out and about on Nabawan. It's too sedating. Ten kids! No wonder you need kava. I bet your life is very busy and also full of so many joys.
I like the sound of sedating! lol. My husband is an amazing help and we have 3 teens already. Mostly, the 4 youngest are the only ones who are not self sufficient. Yes, lots of joy as well but stress is definitely there! Twin boys are "bad news". haha! I will dedicate some time alone tomorrow evening to really try to enjoy my first time trying Nambawan: music, some Smiths, Michael Jackson's movie Moonwalker (my 8 yr old is obssessed!). These things are helpful. Still feeling the Burongoro from earlier. Man, I chugged that stuff and made it pretty strong. Gotta work at 8am with a 1 hour commute tomorrow. Out at 3pm, though, so I'll be celebrating early enough! Bula!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Oh, my older kids are off on their own (teens). The youngest however wants us to be with her and I will take that for as long as I can....soon enough she won't want to be anywhere near her parents.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So sorry for your loss.:(

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Do you usually experience this or is the recent batch stronger than the previous few? I miss the days of kava with enough heavy KLs to last into the next morning.
Sometimes I do it depends on the kava or the strain, in this case I find this particular batch a bit coarser on the grind which I like, and it might be more potent it's hard to tell when you drink that much of most other kavas.