What's new

Is J. Maarten Troost Allergic to Kava or Full of Shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

Welcome LocalBliss. Infraredz is our "Head Scientist" and we have other titles for worthy members. Your new title is "Finder of the Samoan Kava". Let us know when you succeed. We await your finds with "baited breath" (same as Kava breath). :D

And Infraredz, it is probably Hyperbole and but it is not far fetched that he mixed alcohol with Kava. I did that with only 2 glasses of wine and I got sh__face and my ears were ringing the next day. And I practically passed out when beddy bye time came around. Of course, the Kava I drank that day was drum roll ....... Koniak (mixed with Boroguru).

D

Deleted User01

I have been known to have a small amount of Kava in the afternoon and 2 hours later have a .5 to 1 glass of very, very cold beer. And I do feel the effects of the combo. But mixing it with 2 glasses of wine (maybe a tad more) really hammered me. Full disclosure, I drink alcohol on my non Kava days so my body is probably continually filled with intoxicants. Kavasseur, you may have a high tolorance and it doesn't surprise me for someone who can down 20 shells of any kind of Kava. I am a self declared Kava liteweight and I like it that way.

LocalBliss

Finder of the Samoan Kava
Welcome LocalBliss. Infraredz is our "Head Scientist" and we have other titles for worthy members. Your new title is "Finder of the Samoan Kava". Let us know when you succeed. We await your finds with "baited breath" (same as Kava breath

Lol thank you Deleted User01, I love my new title, I will wear it with pride. In fact I am going to Samoa this summer and I will surely get a kava pkg. for you to try. Your reward for being a good title giver. Also thank you for the nice welcome, heck you kava'd all the bases. :happy:

D

Deactivated Account

Every time I go back to that book to reread the nakamal encounter in Vanuatu, I become more and more puzzled about what Troost is really up to. Not much, methinks.

:banghead:
Journalistic license. I've certainly drank it there in many nakamals in my early visits to a point of needing to sit down (well fall down) under a tree in the dark closely followed by kava coming back out each nostril like an F18 fighter.

The double vision is my Harbinger.

The deal is as we all well know...40 mins or so later I get up & walk, rather unsteadily back to my digs, however still able to function much higher than anyone drunk on booze. It's no secret that the kava peak is quite short lived. The very worst you can get the next day is a heavy seediness.

Even the chewed kava I've drank in Tanna has the same effect as any other fresh kava however Tanna is certainly not a place to be drinking more than you can handle.

D

Deleted User01

Nemo, what is the strongest Kava you have ever drank? LocalBliss says the Samoan will make us go belly up in the pool with a smile on our face. What say you? And if you are going to say Tudei, then give us your strongest Tudie vs. NonTudie.

D

Deactivated Account

Nemo, what is the strongest Kava you have ever drank? LocalBliss says the Samoan will make us go belly up in the pool with a smile on our face. What say you? And if you are going to say Tudei, then give us your strongest Tudie vs. NonTudie.
I can't get all these brands of kava you guys drink. It was sort of before the internet was common place when Aussies were stopped from bringing it in.

All we can get is someone giving us some of their 2kg bring back allowance thus it's always a waka, lots of Fiji Indians here whom are kava drinkers & frankly if you can't buy kava why would you sell your limited supply.

So really all I get here is a hit & miss occasional bit of waka. Some I throw out, some floors me. None of it has a variety name at all.

So you see why I pop over to Vila every few months.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@nemo I didn't know Kava in Oz land was restricted. Glad I was only drinking alcohol when I was contracting for Optus in Sydney for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.