What's new

Kava Preparation Is Kava equal to another Kava with the same chemotype

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
I drank Kave from Kava society about Chemotype 423615. I felt bad after him because I have problems with pressure and it excites me too. Is it worth giving Innej Kava a chance about this Chemotype? I would add that as I was drinking borongoru on Chemotype 241356, I felt very good

Last edited:

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
You may have a different experience with another kava with the same chemotype as there are many other factors that lead to the end result. You might get more responses if you expand on what exactly you mean by having problems with "pressure"...

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
Pressure problems. In general, I have increased pressure on a daily basis even after regular Coffee. and I suffer from any stimulation

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
A chemotype only shows the relative abundance of each kavalactone. One 426xxx might have 7% of KL #4, 2 % of KL #2 and 1% of KL #6. A different 426xxx might break down as 4% / 3% / 1%.

Chemotype will give you an idea but the truth is in the drinking. Lab testing is still important because it can identify how a cultivar grows under different conditions. I've certainly drunk enough boroguru and melomelo to know that the same cultivar grown in different gardens can have quite different effects.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I drank Kave from Kava society about Chemotype 423615. I felt bad after him because I have problems with pressure and it excites me too. Is it worth giving Innej Kava a chance about this Chemotype? I would add that as I was drinking borongoru on Chemotype 241356, I felt very good
Short answer to the headline is no. You can have wildly differing %of each KL and still have the same chemotype. Is it worth trying a different kava to see if it matches what you are looking for - absolutely.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
When aviaveu says ‘pressure’ I think it’s a mis-translation of something like ‘depression/anxiety’ or ‘stress’.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Anyone here speak Polish? I believe this members is translating Polish to English but I'm not 100%