What's new

Is Kava Recreational?

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, the wine becomes spiritual because of the manner in which it is used. I have had communion with spirit, god, whatever name u give it, while using kava. I have specially used kava to facilitate the depths of my spiritual expierence while meditating.To me, kava is spiritual....to you, it might not be.
But are you SURE? Is it possible you were just really grogged out?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Kava isn't inherently spiritual...no substance is. However, it can be used to facilitate a spiritual expierence and then, by relating to the spirit, it becomes spiritual....the same way wine is spiritual in the Catholic church. Hope this helps!
I liked this post, sounded like a lot of sense.

Yes, the wine becomes spiritual because of the manner in which it is used. I have had communion with spirit, god, whatever name u give it, while using kava. I have specially used kava to facilitate the depths of my spiritual expierence while meditating.To me, kava is spiritual....to you, it might not be.
But then I read this and started to wonder... good discussion either way guys, kept me amused for a few minutes :)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I think basically kava is what you make of it, and that's why so many people get next to nothing from it while so many others love it

Kava Kyle

Kava Curious

But then I read this and started to wonder... good discussion either way guys, kept me amused for a few minutes :)
I just ment that kava can be spiritual if you use it in a spiritual practice but it might not be spiritual to everyone. When I say I have had communion with spirit I'm basically just saying that I am able to reach a deep level of meditation where I feel connected with the energy of the universe...We are, after all, just the universe experiencing it's self. :) Great discussion for sure!

Kava Kyle

Kava Curious

It's funny, when I reread what I wrote in the second post, it did sound a little crazy like I had sat down and had a shell with God or something..Not what I meant at all..Lol thanks for pointing it out so I could explain a little

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's funny, when I reread what I wrote in the second post, it did sound a little crazy like I had sat down and had a shell with God or something..Not what I meant at all..Lol thanks for pointing it out so I could explain a little
No worries, there are plenty of people here with different beliefs about one thing and another talking about "teacher" plants and whatever BS. I was more interested in the fact that in one post you stated that kava is not inherently spiritual, it's the usage of it that can bring on spirituality but then in the very next post you stated that kava, for you at least, is spiritual. I got confused is all :)

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
If Mr. Fisher wants something that will make him cease to exist, or alter his consciousness so radically that he will become another person, kava will not do that. What it does do, for me, is take the edge off my anxiety, and often puts me in a positive mood. That's as much "recreation" as I need from a substance at this point in my life.
Love this post. Still makes me laugh when I read it and sums it all up quite nicely. Well done.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Societies give meanings to rituals, not spirits. I've seen rituals where dogs were thought to be the souls of aggravated ancestors