Change background image

Is kava safe for post Benzo users in PAWS

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Chris200931, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Chris200931

Chris200931 New Member

like the title says i am 2.5 years off benzos after 6 years of use and i still am in PAWS and am wondering if taking Kava will slow down my already slow recovery. Thanks
  2. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

I’ve not heard of kava impeding anyone’s recovery from benzos. I’ve personally seen people here use it to gain relief from that phase of benzo hell.

I’m sure the veterans will chime in here in a little while. From what I gather, benzodiazepine withdrawals are a bumpy road. Kava can be a better set of “shocks” to better handle the bumps.
  3. Chris200931

Chris200931 New Member

Thanks looking forward to hearing others opinion. Hopefully this can be a godsend for me
  4. Krunʞy

Krunʞy Admin

From my experience it helped tremendously, I was able stop using them among other things like alcohol, though that was a side effect for me, the original intent for me (not knowing what I do today) was to in the very least ease the withdrawal from the benzos, it turns it did a lot more for me in the end, it still does, I had well over 10 years of use prior to kava.
  5. Chris200931

Chris200931 New Member

Just want to post an update. I have tried the Kava once. I have the co2 extract from Bula house. I made a mistake a swallowed most of it whole. next time i will rub it around on my mouth. But anyways my first try of it was decent. I took it before a very stressful event and it helped somewhat calm me down. On top of that my PAWS symptoms seem improved.. I dont know if this is just placebo or if the Gaba upregulation is that rapid. To summarize it seems like post benzo users can use Kava without revving up any lingering symptoms
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.