What's new

Is rash connected to liver/kidney problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but I've looked and I can't find anything relevant to my question. I've been battling a kava induced rash for about 4-5 months, since its been cold. Never had this problem in the summer or before. I found that eating coconut oil and applying certain creams to areas helps but it comes back every month for a few days at a time. I'll get red stretch looking makes on my sides, torso and near my stomach and sometimes on my arm. I drink a lot of water after my kava and take electrolytes and magnesium in the evening with my night shells.

Also I hike and run a lot. I consider myself pretty fit and I'd imagine if I had any problems it would show in my fitness. When I run my 4-6 milers I start to get flushed pretty badly on my sides and near ribs but it goes away after I shower.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Skin problems are an extremely common side effect of kava, and despite being annoying generally are not serious and not related to liver issues which are extremely rare.. So it's unlikely, but if you have any concerns I would recommend seeing your doctor to get liver and kidney tests done, since that's really the only way to diagnose those, or--much more likely--to rule them out for your peace of mind...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.