Change background image

Issues RE: Kona Kava Farm, Kava.Com, or Kava Guru!

Discussion in 'Kava Watchdog List' started by Pacifico, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Pacifico

Pacifico Kava Enthusiast

Do not order from Kava.Com, Kona Kava Farm, or pay any attention to Kava Guru! All three of these are associated with one another (same ownership) and have a surviving business for one reason and one reason only: They own the address "kava.com". They are a generic business making money from people who are curious about kava and don't know any better. This is the advantage of having your site pop up first in a Google search.

I placed one order with Kava.Com when I first began my research on kava. That lesson costed me $45 dollars, roughly the same amount of money that I paid for a half-pound of waka micro from Bula (BKH) and other strains from Gourmet (GHK). I simply wasted my money. It can't be said more clearly: This is a bad business. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they don't even drink their own kava. If you ask about the source of a kava product, please know that responses such as, "it's a Fijian blend" or "it's a certain Vanuatuan noble" are not acceptable answers to your question. If you are here at Kava Forums, it means that you are curious about facts. Here is a very important fact: When it comes to kava (and many other consumables), FDA approval is simply not good enough. If you are interested in kava, you have every reason and right to know exactly what strains are going into your body. Everyone here is capable of doing their own blending of varieties, ones that can be purchased from trusted vendors. There is no reason to let a generic company sell you mystery products. From one independent kava drinker to another, I encourage you to make good choices when it comes to purchasing and consuming kava. This will save you money, preserve your health, and help our kava community remain a genuine one. Cheers. - Pacifico
  2. verticity

verticity I'm interested in things

I think the only reason Kona Kava shows up first for kava-related Google searches is because those are actually ads, not actual search results.
    I have had bad experiences with kava.com, too. I got some "instant" from them once which was completely useless; It didn't taste anything like kava, and had no discernible effects.
    FondaLoreen likes this.
  3. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Kava Expert Kava Vendor

Thanks for sharing this with us, what you said is all true and I hope that the word will get out. There is much better kava to be found and most of it is from trusted vendors right here on the Kava Forums. I agree with you that the FDA stuff does not guarantee good high quality kava, it just ensures they have a COA and are in a GMP clean room. This does not guarantee the kava will be a good one. Thanks again and aloha.

Chris
  4. Bubba Bula

Bubba Bula krunkadelic relic

Wow. I have to say I'm not surprised with what you say. I've been buying from Kona Kava Farm for some time now because I didn't know any better. I'm really glad I found this forum. Should have done my research a long time ago, and I'm looking forward to the GHK Papa Kea that I just ordered. I have a feeling I'm going to find out real soon what a ripoff KKF really has been. I just hope I haven't been drinking anything that has been harmful to me.
    Jana, Wigman, Kavo and 2 others like this.
  5. KeepOnKrunkin'

KeepOnKrunkin' Kava Enthusiast

Yet another reason why I don't buy from a company that sells 100 different varieties of kava itself.
    FondaLoreen likes this.
  6. wormwood

wormwood Kava Enthusiast

I tried kona kava for the first time a couple days ago. Previously I had only had kava from BKH, GH, and NKH....so needless to say I was very unimpressed.
    Kavo likes this.
  7. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Bad kava like theirs is typical of a company that does not truly care about there product. I drink every batch of kava I process to make sure it meets my standards, I bet they do not do that. They look for the cheapest product to resell to people like you. If they have any good reviews it is because those people never tried real kava, they never tried true kava. I bet if I gave all there customers free samples of my kava they would not do business with them again. I wonder if I should do that. :hilarious:
    Aloha.

Chris
  8. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Kneads Kava

Is that why all my orders are always 4 tablespoons short?? :)
    TrevC, Sandpit, Bwiggy and 4 others like this.
  9. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

I didn't think you would notice. :D I guess I will have to start making the bags a bit heaver, or I can always put the used kava back in the bag. :wtf:. No I only test from the actual batch before I bag the kava. and boy it always tastes soooooo good. :hungry:
    Aloha.

Chris
    JohnMichael, TrevC, nashfire and 3 others like this.
  10. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Kneads Kava

One of my past specialties was as quality control expert.
    If you ever need help, you can count on me to be there for you!! :)
  11. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

So when does your flight arrive in Hilo Hawaii??? :D
    Aloha.

Chris
  12. Steve Mariotti

Steve Mariotti Kavapithecus Krunkarensis Review Maestro

I wanna quit my job, abandon my family and just live in a plywood shack on Chris' farm somewhere as a kava taster. I'll be happy to do it just for meals. What's your krunk-leave policy like at your company?
  13. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Kneads Kava

What a dreamer... I was hoping for cardboard.
    Kavo likes this.
  14. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

I guess you should not tell you guys about the extremely large Christmas Kava bonus. :hungry: I wish we had plywood over here but we still live in grass shacks. :nailbiting: I guess cardboard would work until it rains. :ROFLMAO:
    Aloha.

Chris
    Kavo likes this.
  15. Naijomii

Naijomii Member

I'll hold the umbrella for you guys for some kava ::awesomesmiles:: So no worries on the cardboard huts that way!
  16. Kavo

Kavo Curandero

Oh what I'd give to live in a Carboard house!
    Ya see,DownUnder when you've payed taxes and worked hard most of your life,worked ya bones to the ground and end up on Disability the Gov gives us fortnightly packs of matches so ya have to build your own hut.Unfortunately we have to source our own glue :( ...but hey we are the lucky country after all!
    We have heaps of plywood and grass shacks here too Chris but the Houso Flanno Bogans have a tendency to burn the Ply in a 44 Gallon drums and smoke the grass on weekends :D

Maybe @Henry could send you some Lanolin to seal your huts. It seems to work for sheep lmao :p

Apparently they have a booming Gumboot Industry too, so that might be worth looking into with all that rain bro:p
  17. Maria

Maria ScaryMary

Luckily I've never dealt with them. Could you tell me guys is there any other Kava business/website/farm I should be aware of. To be honest I am relatively 'fresh' drinker and started drinking Kava due to medical conditions. I would be glad if you could help me please.
    Cheers.
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  18. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

The best way to make sure your getting the best kava possible is to look here at these 2 links----
    http://www.truekava.com/vendors.html
    http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-test-results-updated-10-17-2014.3400/
    I hope this helps, nobody likes to get nausea or vomiting or a hang over the next day. Most people I know want 100% pure Noble kava so they can be ensured of the best possible kava experience. Aloha.

Chris
  19. Maria

Maria ScaryMary

It does help indeed, thank you ever so much.
  20. AnimalKracka

AnimalKracka Member

Yeah I made the mistake of ordering ny kava through IamShaman.com because I wanted to try some other herbs and the kava from Kona and Kava.com aren't the greatest. I'm excited to receive my shipment from Bula House Kava on Monday and my next order will be placed through Gourmet Hawian Kava. I can't wait to experience some true noble kava