What's new

I Love Kava Friday It's a rainy December 1st, but guess what?

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
It's still FRIDAY!!!!

I hope you all have an excellent and relaxing weekend. I know where this weather will have me, and I'm totally fine with it (couch).

Bula/Malok!
Happy December and happy Friday! A warm day on Sanibel today. ~80* sunny. That means we're obligated to go bike riding this morning with kava in the afternoon.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Solomon kava comin’ in today, didn’t have much luck with my last few bags of mystery waka and even less with dua na bilo…but I know the Solomon Island kava will hit. ::happyshell::
4EC53C3B-BA64-42FC-ABF9-D1B0699D2725.jpeg

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Have any of you guys ever had the Ge Wiswisket cultivar? It's one I've never tried before but I stumbled across it on USKava.com and figured I'd try it.
However, I noticed USKava.com charges $124 for 1pound of kava!! The 'about us' on USKava describes a software engineer from Oregon/Washington who got interested in kava and started interacting with Vanuatu farmers and using his tech knowledge to help connect kava farmers to consumers. -- Then I noticed uskava's products also had the name "El Manaro" associated. As some of us know, El Manaro is a nakamal in Vanuatu that also began selling good kava products online. They've got one problem though, which is since they ship from Vanuatu, the shipping cost is more than the kava costs. Anyway, since USKava's Ge Wiswisket said El Manaro near it, I went over to El Manaro's website to see if they had Ge Wiswisket available. They do, and it's $45 per pound but $49 for shipping to California. The checkout page for El Manaro and USKava are the same check out page, just with a different name at the top. USKava sells Ge Wiswisket for $124 but the shipping is 'free' at the checkout page. So it looks like these 2 sites are related in some way, I guess El Manaro might use it to make it look like it's a business in the United States...or the guy from the 'about us' page from USKava runs the website for El Manaro, or maybe it's really his own website but he gets his kava from El Manaro. But being that "USKava" sells El Manaro kava for over $100 per pound with 'free shipping', it looks more like El Manaro's foreign shipping fees have just been stuffed into the price of the kava. If USKava was truly importing El Manaro's kava and shipping it locally within the US, there would be no reason to have the excessive foreign shipping cost included in the price. Not only that, but it would actually still be a bit cheaper for me to buy it directly from the El Manaro website. What customer in the US would see a pound of normal dry kava powder for $124 and buy it? (apart from the very few obsessed kava heads like me that would possibly consider paying that price just to try a cultivar that has never been available before) Conversely, what vendor would think they would be successful marking up the price of their kava 200% - 300% higher than all of it's more well known competitors. The price makes sense coming from ElManaro.com because they acknowledge there's larger than normal shipping fee to get it shipped from Vanuatu. But I don't get why you'd set up a fake US website, that looks like it's shipping from the US, but then still have the high price and quite likely still be shipping from Vanautu.
Anyway, back to my main question, has any tried Ge Wiswisket? What's it like? ::awesomesmiles::

Last edited:

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Have any of you guys ever had the Ge Wiswisket cultivar? It's one I've never tried before but I stumbled across it on USKava.com and figured I'd try it.
However, I noticed USKava.com charges $124 for 1pound of kava!! The 'about us' on USKava describes a software engineer from Oregon/Washington who got interested in kava and started interacting with Vanuatu farmers and using his tech knowledge to help connect kava farmers to consumers. -- Then I noticed uskava's products also had the name "El Manaro" associated. As some of us know, El Manaro is a nakamal in Vanuatu that also began selling good kava products online. They've got one problem though, which is since they ship from Vanuatu, the shipping cost is more than the kava costs. Anyway, since USKava's Ge Wiswisket said El Manaro near it, I went over to El Manaro's website to see if they had Ge Wiswisket available. They do, and it's $45 per pound but $49 for shipping to California. The checkout page for El Manaro and USKava are the same check out page, just with a different name at the top. USKava sells Ge Wiswisket for $124 but the shipping is 'free' at the checkout page. So it looks like these 2 sites are related in some way, I guess El Manaro might use it to make it look like it's a business in the United States...or the guy from the 'about us' page from USKava runs the website for El Manaro, or maybe it's really his own website but he gets his kava from El Manaro. But being that "USKava" sells El Manaro kava for over $100 per pound with 'free shipping', it looks more like El Manaro's foreign shipping fees have just been stuffed into the price of the kava. If USKava was truly importing El Manaro's kava and shipping it locally within the US, there would be no reason to have the excessive foreign shipping cost included in the price. Not only that, but it would actually still be a bit cheaper for me to buy it directly from the El Manaro website. What customer in the US would see a pound of normal dry kava powder for $124 and buy it? (apart from the very few obsessed kava heads like me that would possibly consider paying that price just to try a cultivar that has never been available before) Conversely, what vendor would think they would be successful marking up the price of their kava 200% - 300% higher than all of it's more well known competitors. The price makes sense coming from ElManaro.com because they acknowledge there's larger than normal shipping fee to get it shipped from Vanuatu. But I don't get why you'd set up a fake US website, that looks like it's shipping from the US, but then still have the high price and quite likely still be shipping from Vanautu.
Anyway, back to my main question, has any tried Ge Wiswisket? What's it like? ::awesomesmiles::
Well, now I'm intrigued by this cultivar. Never tried, never heard of it. I'm just not sure that I'm $100 intrigued. If you try it,, let us know what it's like.