What's new

It's Time for Seasons Greeting.

D

Deleted User01

I'm leaving to start the family Christmas thing but I would be remiss if I didn't wish you guys a very Happy Holiday. If you get Krunked, Drunk, or Skunked then please do so in a nice warm, loving environment and don't drive. Let someone else go get the ice while you stare at the Christmas Lites.

Merry Christmas!

violet

Do all things with love
It's about to become very busy in my home, prep today and company tomorrow.

It's going to be Boroguru for all of us tonight (I may get to introduce it to someone new :joyful:!) And Boroguru again throughout the day tomorrow.

@KavaGurl Spicy kava chai sounds very delicious!

@Vekta Sorry to hear about that for you... As I channel surfed the radio today while driving, trying to avoid overused Christmas music myself, I suddenly felt an even deeper appreciation for having kava to be able to take the edge off the holidays.

Cheers all, and wishes for a great holiday.

D

Deactivated Account

Merry Xmas all. 10am Xmas morn here now & a rack of pork is on the bbq it's stinking hot & humid & I have 2lt of kava steeping in the fridge.

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
@BUlABUCK the spicy kava chai I actually purchased from Kavaboy. It's really good, but super expensive by my standards and will probably drive me to the poorhouse:facepalm:...mainly because I can't seem to get enough! :hilarious:

@violet it really is super yummmy!!:hungry:

kavalover

Outsider
Hope you all had a great christmas! I spent it eating way too much hehe, and I got my uncle to try some kava. His face when he tasted it, priceless! He's a whiskey fan, and I suppose I should have told him kava is not revered for its hints of oak. :smuggrin:

D

Deleted User01

Christmas went well. Like I always say, may you have an uneventful Christmas. I'm off the booze today and sipping on some Boroguru/Koniak blend. Time to get some serious sleep and settle into my routine. Hope ya'll are resting well today.

Hey Nemo, was that a Pork Roast or a crown roast. I have never heard of a rack of pork unless you are talking about a big slab of ribs. Did you slow cook it and how did it come out. Sorry, off topic but I couldn't resist.

D

Deactivated Account

Christmas went well. Like I always say, may you have an uneventful Christmas. I'm off the booze today and sipping on some Boroguru/Koniak blend. Time to get some serious sleep and settle into my routine. Hope ya'll are resting well today.

Hey Nemo, was that a Pork Roast or a crown roast. I have never heard of a rack of pork unless you are talking about a big slab of ribs. Did you slow cook it and how did it come out. Sorry, off topic but I couldn't resist.
It was a rib rack mate. We all tend to cook outside at xmas time as it was 37c (98f) & its good to keep heat out of the house. You dont want an oven going inside. About 2 hours on med to low after the initial hot burst to set the crackling.

Attachments

D

Deleted User01

I hear ya on that heat thing. We live in South Texas where it's in the high 90s to 100s in the non-winter. My wife learned long ago how to smoke a brisket outside and keep the heat out of the kitchen. Plus, Brisket is good for 3/4 meals. When we BBQ, we do lots of stuff so we don't have to cook for a while. I think my son likes the pork ribs the best but I'm partial to the Beef. I highly recommend that you buy some sweet breads ( a S.Texas delicacy). Cook them until they are very crispy. Don't tell your friends what they are. It's like bacon. Maybe we need to start an off topic for BBQing. It's a religion down here. I have 4 different devices for cooking either fast or slow and a wood pile of Mesquite in the back (ain't gonna use it for no fireplace though we have one). Hmm, I'm hungry now ... Kava does make you hungry. (now we are back on topic, heh, heh, heh).

D

Deactivated Account

I hear ya on that heat thing. We live in South Texas where it's in the high 90s to 100s in the non-winter. My wife learned long ago how to smoke a brisket outside and keep the heat out of the kitchen. Plus, Brisket is good for 3/4 meals. When we BBQ, we do lots of stuff so we don't have to cook for a while. I think my son likes the pork ribs the best but I'm partial to the Beef. I highly recommend that you buy some sweet breads ( a S.Texas delicacy).
Yeah our BBQ runs daily here also. Not to big on sweat bread myself however i dont mind tripe. I remember being a kid & asking my father why we were always eating tripe when we owned 1000 cattle & 4000 sheep ! '..You dont want to eat your profit'