What's new

It's Time for Seasons Greeting.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I hear ya on that heat thing. We live in South Texas where it's in the high 90s to 100s in the non-winter. My wife learned long ago how to smoke a brisket outside and keep the heat out of the kitchen. Plus, Brisket is good for 3/4 meals. When we BBQ, we do lots of stuff so we don't have to cook for a while. I think my son likes the pork ribs the best but I'm partial to the Beef. I highly recommend that you buy some sweet breads ( a S.Texas delicacy). Cook them until they are very crispy. Don't tell your friends what they are. It's like bacon. Maybe we need to start an off topic for BBQing. It's a religion down here. I have 4 different devices for cooking either fast or slow and a wood pile of Mesquite in the back (ain't gonna use it for no fireplace though we have one). Hmm, I'm hungry now ... Kava does make you hungry. (now we are back on topic, heh, heh, heh).
No, its more important than a religion here. I'm jealous of your setup...I only have a grill over here. Hard to work up the motivation to do it myself when I just walk outside throw a stone and hit a great bbq joint. I do some pork ribs and other simple stuff at home and let the pros handle the brisket.

D

Deleted User01

Tripe is also considered a delicacy down here. They also take the kidney and some other parts and wrap them with Tripe for a dish called Machitos. Google it. Definitely an acquired taste. But so is Kava. Does your family still raise cattle and sheep? How about Lamb Ribs on the Barby? With a nice Cabernet. Hmmmm. That would be awesome after some Melo Melo earlier in the day. (heh, heh, heh). But go easy on the wine.

BYW. Tripe can be BBQed (I like mine well done and crispy) but the real enthusiasts have an oval shaped wok kinda thingy and they like to fry the tripe in it. Maybe fry it and then BBQ it for that smoky flavor. BBQing animal parts is an Art in South Texas. Your Dad would be proud of us. Ohh, and google Menudo. A soup made of the stomach (had some a few days ago). We used to drink that late at night to prevent bad hangovers. Nothing like a second layer of stomach to protect your original stomach. LOL.

D

Deactivated Account

Farm is long gone now mate. I found out it rains a lot more & you usually get a pay check in the city which didn't happen on the farm. Latest form of child abuse in Australia is handing the farm down to your children. I like my tripe Schnitzeled, most only know their childhood nightmares of it souped up with onions in white sauce.

D

Deleted User01

There are a lot of people in South Texas that can relate to every word you just said. However .... the lucky ones have oil and gas on their land and they are dirty rich now. And their lives are all messed up because they have no idea what to do with the money except get into trouble. Even the super teeny weeny royalty we get from some land my Mother "once" owned is a couple of thousand a year and the original 1 percent (or less) is divided god knows how many ways with uncles, cousins, brothers, etc. And we don't even own the land. So we all drown our sorrows in Kava. (Heh, heh, heh).

PS. I have a good friend who raises trophy bucks on his ranch. He sells deer hunts for 10K minimum. He is doing pretty good and the bucks he raises can only be described as amazing. "That's the way you do it, your money for nothing and your chics for free."