What's new

"I've made a huge mistake"

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
So this evening I traditionally prepared two washes of a Borogu and Stone blend, put them in my aluball and tossed it in the freezer to chill. Went about my business, had a cup of dragonwell tea, got an icepack for my ankle, yada yada yada. Fast Forward 45 minutes, take out the Kava, add an Ice Ball and fasten the lid/serving cup and mosey on off to my bed. Before I delve into my chilled beverage I decide to go ahead and apply some amlactin to my hands.

My hands can no longer grip the lid/cup to unscrew it. It took me longer than I care to admit to get that bad boy open to release the tastiness inside.

Anyone else ever done something like this?

-fushi

hugemistake0.gif

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
@Fushi88 try coconut oil capsules. They reduce dermo within a few days and no messy unguents required!
I was thinking about you yesterday! I wanted to ask how much coconut oil you're using currently.
We were out at my parents' house and my mom commented about how bad (dry and ashy) my hands look.
Guess I don't realize how bad it is until someone else points it out.

I keep Amlactin by the nightstand and use it every single night... but it doesn't seem to be enough.
So I would be happy to know what you recommend Re: coconut oil amount. (I have MCT and coconut oil, no capsules.)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I was thinking about you yesterday! I wanted to ask how much coconut oil you're using currently.
We were out at my parents' house and my mom commented about how bad (dry and ashy) my hands look.
Guess I don't realize how bad it is until someone else points it out.

I keep Amlactin by the nightstand and use it every single night... but it doesn't seem to be enough.
So I would be happy to know what you recommend Re: coconut oil amount. (I have MCT and coconut oil, no capsules.)
I haven't used any for ages but just recently started getting a bit dry so I'm taking 2 capsules a day which I believe is 2000mg. I can slowly start to feel my skin getting softer.

Piperm

Kava Curious
I use the vaseline extremely dry skin rescue and it works well...i just add a couple drops of spearmint oil to the cream in a beaker to use that mixture instead. It works best when it dries out a bit and the hands dont stay slippery. I dont usually or ever ised to use mosturizer, but I had some mildewy kava that caused the kava ichthyosis. Try to get the freshest smelling stuff or you are in for some unpleasant experience.