What's new

Joining the ranks!

jRob2k

I'm about 3 weeks into Kava, and the outlook is good. I ordered some wakacon medium grind and an aluball after reading a gizmodo article and have had a good experience.

The funny thing is, during my two weeks of experimentation with this new "mud" tea as my wife has so effectively dubbed it, I've only had one really good night. The rest were kind of bunk and I even got a little nausea for a day or two, which is a big deal for me since I kind of have an iron stomach.

The good experience I'm referring to in this case is the excitement of a new "hobby," the thrill of a new research topic/obsession and the comradery of this forum. I am usually a lurker when it comes to forums and blogs, but I'm going to try and be active in this one as I decided if Kava is right for me.

I finished the wakacon last week and ordered an instant sampler from GHK as well as micronized Pouni Ono from KWK. Both seem to be held in high regard here, so I'm excited to try them. My GHK order has been on hold for 6 days now and I haven't received a response from my several attempts at contact, both through his site and this forum. I'm a little worried, but I'm going to give him a few more days to respond since he seems to be a stand up guy based on his posts here. Plus I payed with PayPal so I have a little protection there.

Anyway, mostly I just wanted to say...Hi.

EQ

Atman
I'm about 3 weeks into Kava, and the outlook is good. I ordered some wakacon medium grind and an aluball after reading a gizmodo article and have had a good experience.

The funny thing is, during my two weeks of experimentation with this new "mud" tea as my wife has so effectively dubbed it, I've only had one really good night. The rest were kind of bunk and I even got a little nausea for a day or two, which is a big deal for me since I kind of have an iron stomach.

The good experience I'm referring to in this case is the excitement of a new "hobby," the thrill of a new research topic/obsession and the comradery of this forum. I am usually a lurker when it comes to forums and blogs, but I'm going to try and be active in this one as I decided if Kava is right for me.

I finished the wakacon last week and ordered an instant sampler from GHK as well as micronized Pouni Ono from KWK. Both seem to be held in high regard here, so I'm excited to try them. My GHK order has been on hold for 6 days now and I haven't received a response from my several attempts at contact, both through his site and this forum. I'm a little worried, but I'm going to give him a few more days to respond since he seems to be a stand up guy based on his posts here. Plus I payed with PayPal so I have a little protection there.

Anyway, mostly I just wanted to say...Hi.
Don't worry about your order with GHK. Chris is great, and your Kava will come in. He's on these forums, and is as professional as they come. It probably has already shipped.
Glad to see you have found interest in mud
Welcome ::shell::

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Welcome to the forums, I am sorry that I did not see your email, I have been having trouble with my website email system recently, you can always send me a message here on the forums if the emails don't get through.
I can say that all orders as of today have gone out so I am sure you will get yours soon.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I know you will enjoy the kava, aloha.

Chris

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Welcome to the ship, now that you got some GHK & KWK the real fun begins :), not to mention as you have noticed this is one big happy family! A little disfunctional, but what family isn't ;)

Last edited:

blindy107

Kava Lover
There's a very distinct line between Wakacon and roots from places like KWK, GHK and BKH. I drank Wakacon for the first 2 months and was convinced I had a strong reverse tolerance. Just my experience with it, not bad but pretty underwhelming.

Welcome aboard.

jRob2k

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry that I did not see your email, I have been having trouble with my website email system recently, you can always send me a message here on the forums if the emails don't get through.
I can say that all orders as of today have gone out so I am sure you will get yours soon.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I know you will enjoy the kava, aloha.

Chris
Received an email from USPS this morning with an update. Thanks!