What's new

Just a few questions about kava in comparison to medications

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Summer

Honestly, deep down I think I'm afraid to have "nothing" in my system to keep me calm.

I look forward to having something I know will take the edge off (sometimes I'm not sure if this is addictive personality or just human nature). But after the trauma I put myself through, it's a risk I'm not wanting to take.

Even after two years the memories of the pain is often very fresh.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Honestly, deep down I think I'm afraid to have "nothing" in my system to keep me calm.

I look forward to having something I know will take the edge off (sometimes I'm not sure if this is addictive personality or just human nature). But after the trauma I put myself through, it's a risk I'm not wanting to take.

Even after two years the memories of the pain is often very fresh.
Well, on the bright side I can't think of a better community to be involved in. *insert corny kava community group hug here* ::awesomesmiles::::happyshell::

D

Deleted User01

So i have been born and bred in fiji and have very little understanding of what is the motivation behind western kava consumers. I do briefly understand that kava is taken sometimes as a alternative to medications but i dont really understand the reasons behind it. USA
I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I'm going to break it down in crude and simple terms and with pretty pictures. We Americans like to get fucked up on drugs, alcohol, and the hair of the dog that bit us.::urock2:: Drugs and alcohol have bad side effects :eek: and someone of us have decided that we want to live long. ::uhhuhhz:: So we switch to Kava so we can ditch the other poisons and the mild buzz from Kava seems to be enough to satisfy our desire to "get fucked up". ::chugger:: Capese?

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I'm going to break it down in crude and simple terms and with pretty pictures. We Americans like to get fucked up on drugs, alcohol, and the hair of the dog that bit us.::urock2:: Drugs and alcohol have bad side effects :eek: and someone of us have decided that we want to live long. ::uhhuhhz:: So we switch to Kava so we can ditch the other poisons and the mild buzz from Kava seems to be enough to satisfy our desire to "get fucked up". ::chugger:: Capese?
Haha well said but i guess some people do take it for strict medical reasons as indicated through few replies on this post

D

Deleted User01

There are a few people here who got addicted to prescription drugs. They don't like being addicted and they try to wean themselves off those drugs with the help of kava. Nobody likes being big Pharmas "bitch". I might also add that I slept like the dead last night and thanks to kava plus exercise. Yeah, I wouldn't exercise at night after drinking scotch but I can with Kava. Also, Alcohol provides fitful sleep. Kava is not that expensive so why the fruit would I care about insurance covering it. I spend a fortune on health insurance and it still barely covers anything. I hope it will cover me if I ever have a million dollar health issue.

It just boils down to kava having the ability to replace drugs and alcohol plus the benefit of serenity and sleep without bad side effects. What the hell else can you ask for in a drug/botanical? And the only time I say Bula, is when I'm getting ready to watch American College Football and then I sing, "Boola boola, boola boola ...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Haha seriously... I wasn't trapped by big pharma... I've realized I don't like being any things bitch... including botanicals.. whether it's caffiene addiction or opiates
.. it's not fun to HAVE to get high... it's only fun to choose to .
Hence kava... not that it really gets you high... but we know what I'm talking about..relaxation.
The fact that I drink kava daily by choice and if all of a sudden I either a) run out b) don't want any c) get dermo or other side effects
I can just stop .... Omg ! :0 the miracle !
JUST STOP.... something I've been doing for over a year straight .... even the so called non addictive cannabis can't boast such a benefit ... although those trapped in it will claim they can... it's not that easy... kava however is. amazing. God bless whonever just sneezed.

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
Not to be a conspiracy nut, but it seems whenever there is a healthier alternative to big pharma or big tobacco or alcohol it tends to get more scrutiny by government.
Look whats happening to the electronic cigarettes right now.
Yep, its the first step towards a ban.

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
I was a very bad off junky, heavily addicted to heroin, meth, and benzos (like xanax). I've been sober for 1 year now, but as someone who is only 23 years old I yearn for some fun every now and then and feel as if everyone around me my age still can go out and drink and have fun, if I drink I get drunk and end up blacking out and coming too with drugs in my system. Kava allowed me to be social, get out of my bubble, and have a great time with friends in the way that I'm guessing most people use alcohol to do.

Kava is the only substance I have ever took that didn't make me want to run away from my problems and self medicate. Kava helps me so much with Social Anxiety Disorder, and General Anxiety Disorder. It helps me with my crippling depression, and has enhanced my life so, so very much. I never crave drugs anymore, if I'm in a bad mood or had a terrible day, I just have a cup of kava.

As someone who drinks kava every day, it is really expensive to me. At the same time it's much cheaper then spending over 200 dollars a day on heroin pills and dope. My life has never been better and alot of it was from me working on my self, but kava has helped me so very much in keeping myself good and clean. I'm so glad to have found kava, as it holds a very dear place in my heart.

Sorry if that was a long story thanks for listening!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I was a very bad off junky, heavily addicted to heroin, meth, and benzos (like xanax). I've been sober for 1 year now, but as someone who is only 23 years old I yearn for some fun every now and then and feel as if everyone around me my age still can go out and drink and have fun, if I drink I get drunk and end up blacking out and coming too with drugs in my system. Kava allowed me to be social, get out of my bubble, and have a great time with friends in the way that I'm guessing most people use alcohol to do.

Kava is the only substance I have ever took that didn't make me want to run away from my problems and self medicate. Kava helps me so much with Social Anxiety Disorder, and General Anxiety Disorder. It helps me with my crippling depression, and has enhanced my life so, so very much. I never crave drugs anymore, if I'm in a bad mood or had a terrible day, I just have a cup of kava.

As someone who drinks kava every day, it is really expensive to me. At the same time it's much cheaper then spending over 200 dollars a day on heroin pills and dope. My life has never been better and alot of it was from me working on my self, but kava has helped me so very much in keeping myself good and clean. I'm so glad to have found kava, as it holds a very dear place in my heart.

Sorry if that was a long story thanks for listening!
Great story and one I'm sure a lot of people here can relate to in one way or another. I always love reading these stories too because I know there will be non members browsing the site who have maybe just heard about kava and are looking into it, maybe with addictions of their own, and reading a story like that is exactly what they need at that time.

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
Great story and one I'm sure a lot of people here can relate to in one way or another. I always love reading these stories too because I know there will be non members browsing the site who have maybe just heard about kava and are looking into it, maybe with addictions of their own, and reading a story like that is exactly what they need at that time.
Thank you very much I appreciate that. It's been a long road but I don't regret a thing I ever did. I sure do hope someone sees this and chooses to follow in my path. Kava can really save lives, of that I am certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.