What's new

Just got my Kalm with Kava concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razz83

Kava Curious
This will be my first real expeince, aside from the crappy caps from the health food store. Really curious and want to try it right now, but it's not even noon. Is this a good daytime kava or should I wait until around 5?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I don't think there actually is such a thing as "night-time" kava, because if there was, then someone would suggest one to myself and many others, who have suffered from insomnia, and have asked for help, and have not found it in kava, despite trying many varieties.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
This will be my first real expeince, aside from the crappy caps from the health food store. Really curious and want to try it right now, but it's not even noon. Is this a good daytime kava or should I wait until around 5?
The KWK concentrate is fine for daytime drinking. If you prefer, you could make it weak, using 1 TBS concentrate to 8 oz plain or sparkling water instead of 2 TBS.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks
Think I will just go for full strength. Let's do this!
That's exactly what I would do! Enjoy!

But.... there is no point in using more than 2 TBS at a time (though 2 TBS is indeed twice as nice as 1 TBS), it would not feel better or stronger and you'll just be wasting the stuff. There is no point in drinking more than 2 TBS of that KWKC per hour. It won't hurt you, you simply won't feel anything extra, and it's money down the drain. But you can wait and drink one every hour, hour after hour after hour if you want. It will feel wonderful and refreshing and relaxing.

Bula!

I'm drinking pure Squanch lawena as a reward for just doing my taxes.

Razz83

Kava Curious
This is pretty mild. I do feel relaxed, but I don't feel much of a "buzz". I went for a nice stroll with my dog to enjoy the warm 40° Wisconsin weather. Think, in a week or two, I will try and get some powdered root. Any recommendations for a kava to get a good buzz going?

love2driveinct

Kava Enthusiast
I thought you were supposed to use 1oz of the concentrate with 7oz of water. I didn't measure out TBS. Are we talking about the same thing? The liquid concentrate?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
It's not meant to give you a buzz and will not do that. It does, however, feel very pleasant and taste quite nice. About the equivalent of having one really nice single malt scotch whiskey in effect: calming and relaxing and mellow and comfortable.

It can be used towards a buzz of sorts, though, if you drink some while drinking rgular grog. It sort of adds just a little bit extra. When you drink grog followed by a KWKC this is known as a kalmikaze.

Razz83

Kava Curious
It's not meant to give you a buzz and will not do that. It does, however, feel very pleasant and taste quite nice. About the equivalent of having one really nice single malt scotch whiskey in effect: calming and relaxing and mellow and comfortable.

It can be used towards a buzz of sorts, though, if you drink some while drinking rgular grog. It sort of adds just a little bit extra. When you drink grog followed by a KWKC this is known as a kalmikaze.
What is a good buzz-producimg kava? I really like herb, but my last guy has gotten into other things. Now, when I call him, he asks if I want a bin instead. Like, no f-ing thank you... That crappy is taking over my little city. That's why I'm looking into kava, I want a nice, calming buzz, not vile poison .

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
What is a good buzz-producimg kava? I really like herb, but my last guy has gotten into other things. Now, when I call him, he asks if I want a bin instead. Like, no f-ing thank you... That crappy is taking over my little city. That's why I'm looking into kava, I want a nice, calming buzz, not vile poison .
At the right dose, Nangol Noble is a very good choice for a strong buzz. You aren't going to get close to that feeling without using actual root (medium grind, micro, instant). I feel like the concentrate is better used to compliment a root session or to add a kava touch when you don't have or want to prep a batch of grog.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I don't think there actually is such a thing as "night-time" kava, because if there was, then someone would suggest one to myself and many others, who have suffered from insomnia, and have asked for help, and have not found it in kava, despite trying many varieties.
They are becoming harder to come by, it seems. The latest batch of Wow! is on the more sedating side. Kava Supreme also works great for many people.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
It depends on what kind of buzz you are focusing on. Kava is kava, and is a lot better than any other buzz, and is so superior to everything else, IMO, that in many ways it is not really comparable to anything else at all. And to me, all even half way decent kava is superwonderful and can produce that kava feeling or buzz. So to some extent every single acceptable kava is good for a buzz and it really doesn't mater what you buy, only how you prepare and drink it.

That being said, different kavas have different properties, due to the relative strength and array of kavalactones in each cultivar and the growing, harvesting and processing it had. And it also depends on your internal receptors, which change dynamically over time and even over the course of a day and finally these are dependent also on mood and expectations. Quite a stew of variables there. So your experience of a buzz with kava could run the gamut from nothing, which I have experienced, to blissfully chatting with your ancestors in a perfect world of infinite pulsating, or even throbbing, beauty, which I have also experienced.

The usual dichotomy or polarity with kava is between heavy, which is focused on the body and relaxation, the analgesic parts, and heady, which is focused on the mind, euphria, music, cosmic thoughts, etc. the psychotropic parts.

And then, of course, there are the balanced kavas which do both. And then of course, withing the heady, heavy and balanced kavas, some are stronger than others.

They're all good. Depends on what you want. I keep a vast store in m pantry of different types so that no matter my mood or needs or those of my famil, I can russle up a kava to address it, or blend two or more kavas towards that end.

So, can you get what you are looking for with kava? Almost certainly. But you have to know first what you want before I can tell you what will give you what you want, but then, you need to experience more of what you want before you can see what the possibilities are, what is avalable to you, and then you can go further, exploring what is really a pretty wide range of possibilities.

Or just drink a shitload of nambawan. That'll work, too, without all the mumble-jumble I just went through.

Or Squanch. There is always Sqaunch. mmmm mmmm mmmmm Squanch is good food.

Razz83

Kava Curious
Hmm...
What is a good blend that is mainly heavy? I like a good body buzz, but music is pretty rad, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.