What's new

Kava acetone test

RLC

Hello - new to the site but long time reader and user.
I just started back in on Kava using micro for the last month now and have really enjoyed getting familiar with kava again. Unfortunately, I have woken up twice now with bloodshot eyes even though I stay very well hydrated. The micro I purchase is from reputable noble sellers on here so I was confused - why the bloodshot eyes? I tried an acetone test and here are the results. One of them seems a slight bit darker but not by much. Thoughts? The left lighter is Loa Lawena from CK and darker is Borongoru - not naming names.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello - new to the site but long time reader and user.
I just started back in on Kava using micro for the last month now and have really enjoyed getting familiar with kava again. Unfortunately, I have woken up twice now with bloodshot eyes even though I stay very well hydrated. The micro I purchase is from reputable noble sellers on here so I was confused - why the bloodshot eyes? I tried an acetone test and here are the results. One of them seems a slight bit darker but not by much. Thoughts? The left lighter is Loa Lawena from CK and darker is Borongoru - not naming names.
Hello! Welcome. Glad to have another kava lover on board.

Those two actually look completely noble to me. Your eye effect may be more down to how kava interacts with sebaceous glands. I personally had to switch from contacts to glasses due to kava because of the ocular dryness and sties that can occur. Worth it. I didn't know how much I hated touching my eyes every morning until I wore glasses continually.