What's new

Kava and acne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I've always had issues with acne here and there all the way into my 40s (I'm 47 now). I never had it extremely badly in my teenage years, but I have problem spots in the crease of my nose right where it meets the cheek and I'd also break out along my jaw line. The nose pimples were persistent, I tried a few remedies and sometimes they'd go away for a while but usually return. Since starting Kava around March of 2017, I haven't had any actual pimples. Occasionally I'll see a bump like one might be starting to form, but it never fully forms. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd be curious to see how it affects a younger person that is having more acne breakouts.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've always had issues with acne here and there all the way into my 40s (I'm 47 now). I never had it extremely badly in my teenage years, but I have problem spots in the crease of my nose right where it meets the cheek and I'd also break out along my jaw line. The nose pimples were persistent, I tried a few remedies and sometimes they'd go away for a while but usually return. Since starting Kava around March of 2017, I haven't had any actual pimples. Occasionally I'll see a bump like one might be starting to form, but it never fully forms. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd be curious to see how it affects a younger person that is having more acne breakouts.
I experienced this (still used to get pimples sometimes in my 50s), but also a general improvement of all skin problems I had had. Except for causing dermo, back when I was a newb but that doesn't happen any more.

Also, I stopped getting dandruff and my sweat no longer smells bad and instead of having to wash my hair every day it is every third day, it just doesn't get dirty and greasy like before kava. And a bunch of other stuff, some of which I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to believe as I barely believe it myself.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I have major cystic acne problems. My skin is always a disaster. It runs in the family. Kava has not had any significant effect on my breakouts or severity.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava interferes with your sebaceous glands through what we think is something related to the way it interacts with cholesterol.

You aren't the first person to report this positive side effect of kava. Glad it's helping!

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I experienced this (still used to get pimples sometimes in my 50s), but also a general improvement of all skin problems I had had. Except for causing dermo, back when I was a newb but that doesn't happen any more.

Also, I stopped getting dandruff and my sweat no longer smells bad and instead of having to wash my hair every day it is every third day, it just doesn't get dirty and greasy like before kava. And a bunch of other stuff, some of which I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to believe as I barely believe it myself.
I've had a similar experience. At first my skin dried pretty badly and I got some dandruff but now I just rinse my hair and only shampoo it every few days or so, and I do have less odor from sweat as well. Awesome stuff, glad I found it.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I have major cystic acne problems. My skin is always a disaster. It runs in the family. Kava has not had any significant effect on my breakouts or severity.
How long have you been drinking Kava? What strains do you drink and how often? I was usually drinking Mo'i, Kumakua, Tonga, or Bati during the day, and Supreme or Nene at night. I would do 2-3 washes of a tablespoon each during the day and one wash of 1-2 tablespoons at night. Now I usually just do it at night, not so much during the day mostly since my situation changed and I'm not able to mix it up during the day as easily.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I was thinking about this the other day. I don’t get acne anymore after over a year of drinking kava.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
How long have you been drinking Kava? What strains do you drink and how often? I was usually drinking Mo'i, Kumakua, Tonga, or Bati during the day, and Supreme or Nene at night. I would do 2-3 washes of a tablespoon each during the day and one wash of 1-2 tablespoons at night. Now I usually just do it at night, not so much during the day mostly since my situation changed and I'm not able to mix it up during the day as easily.
It's unrelated to the Kava. I go long periods of no usage. I do Tongan Family Reserve from KavaRoots or Borongoru from KWK usually 4-12 TBPS per day when I'm doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.