What's new

Kava and Allergy Medicine? Also aspirin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmrtica

Kava Curious
Hey y'all, so today I got a MASSIVE headache, but I didn't want to take any kind of headache medicine as I'm not sure which ones would interact with kava and which won't, and I really want some kava tonight. I was also wondering about allergy pills, the ones you can buy over the counter, are anyone of those dangerous with kava?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey y'all, so today I got a MASSIVE headache, but I didn't want to take any kind of headache medicine as I'm not sure which ones would interact with kava and which won't, and I really want some kava tonight. I was also wondering about allergy pills, the ones you can buy over the counter, are anyone of those dangerous with kava?
Any pain medication such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen or otherwise puts a strain on your liver, probably would be best to stagger the aspirin with the kava, use them separately. As for the allergy meds., I have used it together with kava without any problems. Now that's for me and I am not a doctor. Specific questions like that are best discussed with your doctor, he or she knows you best.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Nene is great for a headache, just be sure to drink plenty of water too.

Status
Not open for further replies.