What's new

Kava and anxiety/panic disorder update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
About a year ago i took my son swimming .having not been for a while due to starting weight training i found it difficult to relax
And had tomget out after about 20 minutes. Not a disaster, but frustrating to struglle with everything that i dont reguarly expose myself to.

Anyway, today i dived in off the low board for the first time in 30 years. Went off the side a few times, as i did last week on holiday
Then went off the board. Of course i had half a shell of Supreme an hour earlier. Still, what a difference.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
A quick update. Kava continues to help me be the person I wanted to be. I'm 51 and have missed out on so much because of anxiety disorder. My friends are calling me Benjemin Button as I seem to be living my life backwards.

Its always been a pipe dream of mine to do boxing. But someone that can get panicked taking it easy in the gym or out on a bike ride is hardly going to cope in a class where you can't escape.

Well I've just had my 4th one on one lesson with an ex British champ. One hour of solid sweating. And this time I just had a couple of swallow of Supreme an hour before. And drink 2 litres of water.
So I've now dived off a diving board and started boxing training. I had made slow steady progress to get to this stage over the last few years. But kava has helped me push to the next stage. and have a much better time.

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
Strong work!!! I had clinical depression for years, I was able to put that to rest after years of struggle and hard work, then this anxiety thing showed up about 3 years ago, never had it before. I know I may, like with depression, have long road ahead but I know it can be done because I beat something that almost killed me so many times. If I can do that I can do anything. You keep on doing! I know it's rough, but persevere and you will get there. Bula!!!

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks mate. Well done on battling the depression. Ive found heavy kava the best thing for anxiety that ive ever tried.
Im coupling that with exposure therapy. Every time i do something that I used to avoid makes me a little bit less anxious.

And at 51 if i need kava to do it for the rest of my life then so be it. However anxiety disorder doesnt generally go,like that.
I find im needing it less to do these things becuase they become commonplace.

Hope you get it worked out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.