What's new

Kava and Blood Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I've been doing some research on the relationship between Kava and blood pressure, and am a bit confused by the results. It looks as if drinking Kava in the short term can raise blood pressure, but the effects of drinking Kava on a regular basis may lower blood pressure. That being said, if you are sitting around throwing back shells and not getting on your feet enough you'll probably get a bigger waistline (not controlling for the impacts of a decreased appetite on your weight, etc.).

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I've been doing some research on the relationship between Kava and blood pressure, and am a bit confused by the results. It looks as if drinking Kava in the short term can raise blood pressure, but the effects of drinking Kava on a regular basis may lower blood pressure. That being said, if you are sitting around throwing back shells and not getting on your feet enough you'll probably get a bigger waistline (not controlling for the impacts of a decreased appetite on your weight, etc.).
Hm, I am not sure if it's true. I've always thought it lowered blood pressure (when you drink it) as many drinkers report feeling cold (cold feet, hands) and as one or two people with generally VERY low pressure mentioned they fainted after too many shells

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I typically get slightly reduced BP and slightly elevated heart rate.
that is precisely my experience. I have excellent BP and pulse anyway, but kava slightly improves my BP and slightly elevates my pulse, but not in a bad way, e.g. I've never had a pulse reading higher than 70 with kava, which is still very acceptable, though I'm usually around 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.