What's new

Kava and companionship

Jack3

Kava Curious
I’m listening to the Kava Lounge podcast on the Nancy J Pollock article and the discussion around the traditional practice of drinking kava in groups stands out for me. Is anyone else here interested in having virtual nakamal and/or ceremonial use?

Kava is versatile and seems to do good things for people when used in different ways. My gut and my heart seem to be telling me that drinking kava with at least one other person would greatly enhance the benefits for me.

I feel a little self conscious about this, but I really like the idea of sharing an extended kava session with at least one other that would involve singing a song during the kneading of the bag or shaking of the bottle. Rupert Sheldrake says that there are measurable benefits that can be observed among people who gather and sing, such as during a worship service.

I would rather avoid any kind of pressure over spiritual belief, but I have a hypothesis that if I share a kava session with others, I will have deeper and more lasting relief from stress and anxiety. A second hypothesis is, if I sing during preparation during a group kava session, then the relief will be even deeper and last even longer.

I dream of starting with a fresh plant and using tuned stones to pound the roots which I imagine would sound like a marimba. I really like the idea of sharing the whole experience all the way from the planting stage through the moment we decide to go to sleep.

I’d like to make the most of kava. I don’t know anyone within a 2 hours drive of where I live and the chronic illness causing fatigue and brain fog limits my ability to drive or travel in any way.

Every session on my own has me writing emails or sending voice notes. It’s fine but I’d like to explore kava with other enthusiasts.

If anyone is interested, please respond to this post. I’m thinking if enough people are interested, there could even be a regular event, like a monthly group call.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I’m listening to the Kava Lounge podcast on the Nancy J Pollock article and the discussion around the traditional practice of drinking kava in groups stands out for me. Is anyone else here interested in having virtual nakamal and/or ceremonial use?

Kava is versatile and seems to do good things for people when used in different ways. My gut and my heart seem to be telling me that drinking kava with at least one other person would greatly enhance the benefits for me.

I feel a little self conscious about this, but I really like the idea of sharing an extended kava session with at least one other that would involve singing a song during the kneading of the bag or shaking of the bottle. Rupert Sheldrake says that there are measurable benefits that can be observed among people who gather and sing, such as during a worship service.

I would rather avoid any kind of pressure over spiritual belief, but I have a hypothesis that if I share a kava session with others, I will have deeper and more lasting relief from stress and anxiety. A second hypothesis is, if I sing during preparation during a group kava session, then the relief will be even deeper and last even longer.

I dream of starting with a fresh plant and using tuned stones to pound the roots which I imagine would sound like a marimba. I really like the idea of sharing the whole experience all the way from the planting stage through the moment we decide to go to sleep.

I’d like to make the most of kava. I don’t know anyone within a 2 hours drive of where I live and the chronic illness causing fatigue and brain fog limits my ability to drive or travel in any way.

Every session on my own has me writing emails or sending voice notes. It’s fine but I’d like to explore kava with other enthusiasts.

If anyone is interested, please respond to this post. I’m thinking if enough people are interested, there could even be a regular event, like a monthly group call.
Hey, guess what!? We actually do it TWICE a week, and everyone is invited!

Wednesdays & Saturdays at 8:00PM Central

Jack3

Kava Curious
Hey, guess what!? We actually do it TWICE a week, and everyone is invited!

Wednesdays & Saturdays at 8:00PM Central

That’s too late for me. If there was something more like 6pm Eastern, I could make that.