What's new

Kava and Dreaming

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I actually experienced one of the fabled kava dreams last night, and actually remembered it, which is a miracle in itself.

I was surrounded by computers and people and they said "we've got to get you back out of here" they put a metal device over my head and said "think about things from your other life". I then woke up in my bed.

I'm still wondering what happened. It's been quite a while since I saw the matrix!

D

Deleted User01

So far, Hiwa from GHK gives me big dreams. The kind where your jaw hurts the next day. Just an FYI. I hate it when Zombies show up at Class Reunions. And I know some of them. :LOL:

D

Deleted User01

Kapm, I wonder if the computers wanted to get you out of your adult life and put you back in your childhood. Free to chase butterflies and baseballs all day long with nary a worry (I hope).

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I really never remember my dreams. I wish I could. Its been years since I remembered dreams. Much love. Roaddog....

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
I have never really understood lucid dreaming.
When I dream its all just very weird, funny, sexual and random. I have no control of it what so ever! And for some reason, when I meet a nice girl in my dream and 'shit is about to get down', I wake up or the dream gets interrupted by something random. Scumbag brain.
Losing my awareness while im dreaming also makes me very confused every morning. I sleep-walk / talk a lot. Maybe non-lucid-dreamers tend to do this more?

Last edited:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I have never really understood lucid dreaming.
When I dream its all just very weird, funny, sexual and random. I have no control of it what so ever! And for some reason, when I meet a nice girl in my dream and 'shit is about to get down', I wake up or the dream gets interrupted by something random. Scumbag brain.
Losing my awareness while im dreaming also makes me very confused every morning. I sleep-walk / talk a lot. Maybe non-lucid-dreamers tend to do this more?
I don't remember my dreams much anymore and I do yammer in my sleep a good bit (says the wifu and my ma). I have said this before on here, but in my early 20s I trained myself to lucid dream (don't remember the technique). I soon gave up the practice as most of my dreams started to get progressively dirty... o_O

Butch

Kava Curious
I remember having markedly more vivid dreams when I started out with Kava. I've tried an herb called Calea Zacatechichi (aka Mexican Dream herb), and it's possibly the worse tasting and most bitter thing on the planet. Kava is better in my experience.

Does anyone know if some chemotypes are better for dreams?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I would personally assume that headier kavas and sleeping at the beggining of the experience would be perfect set up for lucid dreaming. Heavier ones obviously will make the sleep deeper and that's not technically what you want when lucid dreaming

exit stage left
This may be even more out there, but I've done a bit of reading into astral travel. I'm not sure if it's the same as lucid dreaming, or if there's just overlap. For me, it happens mostly without kava. When I'm falling asleep sometimes I can feel myself get up and out of my body. After it had happened a bunch and I started becoming aware of how it felt, I could recognize the start of it and kind of relax and let it happen. Sometimes I've walked down the hall of my house and then abruptly felt myself pulled back into my body in my bed. A couple of times I've wound up somewhere thet's obviously culturally different/seems from the past, and I'm still not sure whether it was a dream, just because the experiences are so similar to astral travel. I've even looked into past life regression and have tried some of those meditations. The whole subject really fascinates me, but I still don't know if my experiences are legit, or just hypnagogic stuff. For the record, I don't drink or do any drugs. Just kava for me, and these experiences come and go regardless as to whether I'm drinking kava. I've actually never found that kava helps me sleep, even Boroguru or Mahakea only gave me a couple of hours.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
This may be even more out there, but I've done a bit of reading into astral travel. I'm not sure if it's the same as lucid dreaming, or if there's just overlap. For me, it happens mostly without kava. When I'm falling asleep sometimes I can feel myself get up and out of my body. After it had happened a bunch and I started becoming aware of how it felt, I could recognize the start of it and kind of relax and let it happen. Sometimes I've walked down the hall of my house and then abruptly felt myself pulled back into my body in my bed. A couple of times I've wound up somewhere thet's obviously culturally different/seems from the past, and I'm still not sure whether it was a dream, just because the experiences are so similar to astral travel. I've even looked into past life regression and have tried some of those meditations. The whole subject really fascinates me, but I still don't know if my experiences are legit, or just hypnagogic stuff. For the record, I don't drink or do any drugs. Just kava for me, and these experiences come and go regardless as to whether I'm drinking kava. I've actually never found that kava helps me sleep, even Boroguru or Mahakea only gave me a couple of hours.
Done that also when I was doing the lucid dreaming. It was more likely a dream for me as in lucid dreaming you have control of you actions. So, if I dreamed about my house I would walk around it. Now I have been on ambien for over ten years and I don't fully remember all my action when I was taking a full dose. Kava has allowed me to half the dose, though not get off of it completely. This could be related. Sleep walking is also in my family, it's funny when my 10 year old does it. So, I could have been sleep walking and remember it somewhat.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Astral projection is a fascinating subject
I used to try alot but never was able to do it. I don't see why it's not possible tho, tons of people have done it. Including 2 people I know personally. Lucid dreaming is so fun tho to some extent !!

Lamakan

Kava Enthusiast
In these types of experiences, it does not matter if what u experience is from hypnagogia, unconscious desires, some outside force, if it gives u insight, what does it matter where it is from?? All is within. The secret to everything lies within us. It is all a matter of learning to change your focus. We are so obsessed with the physical experience of now but it's all a matter of focus. Whether it's lucid dreaming, astral travel or meditation, these are all simply different routes to the same place. The void and connection to the true source. This is where we find and work in the non physical. All religions speak of this but dogma will actually limit the experience as will labels like astral travel. So do not limit yourself! And for those that say they cannot dream, that was me when I began this work. Start journaling every morning even if it just a feeling or one word. U will see! Also when u lie to go to sleep set strong intent behind your requests. I will become lucid in my dream. I am more than my physical body. I will remember my dreams and record them. U can actually defeat fears, anxiety etc-all of this is the ego. The false I that does not even exist. When we begin to see that we are all one and treat every being with love and stop wearing our daily masks, only then will we evolve spiritually. Everyone's path is different and some may have to repeat hundreds of human earth experiences just to learn one lesson. A subject that has changed my life! U can do anything if u learn to use your intent. Kava has helped me immensely in meditation. U can learn to operate in the non physical, to have psychic abilities and contact deceased loved ones. It is all true and possible but doubt and fear are so ingrained by society and ourselves that it seems impossible. Nothing is my friends. Love to all.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I agree 100 % these realizations became very apparent to me a when I was 15 and have just grown and grown into a deep way of being, it can come and go but the fact that it's true remains in the backround to help keep guiding my decisions and keeping me from delving to far back into self talk in the head. Which is ego.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Lol ! It comes quite effortlessy. Certain medication ect can really dampen the sense of oneness inherent in life. Ecspecially alchohol and opiates. Thank god for kava! Haha

KavaCat

Meow.
Lol ! It comes quite effortlessy. Certain medication ect can really dampen the sense of oneness inherent in life. Ecspecially alchohol and opiates. Thank god for kava! Haha
I disagree! Neither of those substances to me seems to dampen open-ness or a feeling of connection. An addiction or abuse, of course, will do that. But not periodical use of them. Kava is an amazing alternative to both, though.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Oh ya not periodical and sane amounts ! Lol kr@ at first feels and can continue to feel very spiritual helpful and so can the Others. But yes its the abuse pattern and dependancy itself that causes the disconnection. Although enough of either kind at once can certainly lower the alertness in you to a degree of unconsciousness

Vinestal

Kava Curious
I really enjoyed this thread, I know it's an older one and I'm not even sure how I found it. I've had a ton of Lucid dreaming I also have a sort of half sleep hallucinating that happens where I am aware what I am seeing is not real but it still scares the hell out of me because I can't "wake myself up" from it largely because I'm not actually fully asleep and it's also frequently accompanied by a sort of sleep paralysis. A difficult experience to explain. All of this without ever having tried Kava, I'm interested to see what happens with dreaming and half sleep states after using Kava.