What's new

Kava and "Family"

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Hey, guys. So even before I had my cup of instant this morning, I was talking about various videogames I've played that bring up the subject of the importance of family. I had my cup of grog and as the root took effect I was almost on the verge of tears thinking about my own family and the subject in general. A sort of bi-question for you guys: What does kava do for you to augment your ability to connect with family and friends? Does kava make you emotional in a heartfelt, insightful way or in a more negative way?

Footnote: "Family" can be interpreted loosely here. Many of us most likely have biological family that we identify with, but others may not have any biological family still living, and still others may have biological family they're estranged from but have friends that fill that niche instead. However you want to interpret your family if you decide to comment in this thread.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
When I drink kava alone, I tend to stay that way doing my own activities and I enjoy it. Those are the times I'm most likely to end up emotionally negative though, since there is less distraction. It can be useful for processing feelings and solving problems though.
When with family, I have fun in a more outward manner and definately feel emotionally positive. I avoid the kiddos when they're being loud though. Harshing my krunk over here, kids! ;)

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
First wish to tell you my family is very supportive, helping me have food, clean clothes, and luxuries. My family is yet to understand Kava. They don't enough accept it as safe or useful. For me to always feel comfortable making it or drinking it in the home, Some days I have my legs stretched out in the bathtub while the sun caresses my hands inside a kava cup, or before sunrise, or on a forest hike. My friends are not more enlightened on the subject. They let me brew it in their house while they do other things, and often I find myself being trusted in ways that no alcohol drinker would ever be trusted, such as being left alone in someone else's home unattended for hours with nothing to do save drink Kava. I minimize waste, keep my stuff clean and fresh, clean up after myself, and offer to share when suitable.

The times I've had kava with a trusted friend who's agreeable with it I can count on one hand, yet every time I get batches similar to the ones we shared together, the good memories and nostalgia come back.

I mostly use kava for me. I have a relationship with the plant--the "me-time" helps me still my mind and look at problems from years ago in ways that are new and 100% refreshing. I'm very grateful.

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
I've found Kava to be enjoyable either by myself or with friends & family in different ways. By myself, it allows me to quiet my mind and have better focus and sparks my creativity. On the other hand, kava combined with people seems to make me more lighthearted and compassionate which makes for a richer experience with conversations. I'm less likely to approach people with my stories of who they are and how they might of wronged in the past (particularly with family) and just accept them.

Tuivel

I usually drink alone, but i feel that it brings out the positive emotions toward my girl while melting away the hurt/frustration/petty bullshit that tends to pile up in a relationship. Also, and maybe that sounds spooky, but i find it useful in connecting with the dead of my family. Sit down in a silent, candlelit room, down a shell or two, close your eyes and think of your loved ones who have gone before you. It can bring quite vivid and strong emotions/pictures into your mind. From what i have read that actually seems a traditional use of kava to connect/communicate with the ancestors, spirits gods etc....

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I usually drink alone, but i feel that it brings out the positive emotions toward my girl while melting away the hurt/frustration/petty bullshit that tends to pile up in a relationship. Also, and maybe that sounds spooky, but i find it useful in connecting with the dead of my family. Sit down in a silent, candlelit room, down a shell or two, close your eyes and think of your loved ones who have gone before you. It can bring quite vivid and strong emotions/pictures into your mind. From what i have read that actually seems a traditional use of kava to connect/communicate with the ancestors, spirits gods etc....
Yes, if you are fortunate enough to experience it like that, that's the real krunk, there.

T

Terrance J Goins JR

i love drinking kava alone it brings out positive feelings in my self abd i feel a much better peace in my self. I have to say music sounds vibrant and the world is just so peaceful. i remember being so in the moment in the gym with it it felt amazing to just dominate this stuff works better than coffee sometimes. i noticed this acceptance part also. like everything just comes together like family i just went to cali and had a great time so amazing.