What's new

Kava and Irritability

KavaDawg

Kava Curious
Can kava cause irritability? I'm not sure if I would have reacted in the same way or not with or without kava, but the last 2 days (not to mention those are the first 2 days I have ever taken kava) I got extremely aggravated easy over little things. It's not like every little thing was making me aggravated during those 2 days. It's just sometimes I get overly aggravated from one little thing every now and then. But these past 2 days, both times a little while after taking kava, something irritated me and I kind of was aggravated to an extent that I would consider unusually too much. I may have reacted that way no matter what possibly, but I'm not sure. The first day there was something I got aggravated at, it wasn't too terrible, it was probably a normal response of my normal self, but it seemed a tad over, not much though. But then today I got aggravated from something and it was the unusual out of me. I'm not sure if that is how I would have reacted kava or not though. I don't know, could have possibly just been two very stressful days for me.

After the first time I was aggravated it wasn't bad and I was fine again and better because of the kava. Second time I'm yet to find out.

My question is, do you ever notice easy irritability when taking kava, and seem to have a harder time controlling the aggravation?

Superior Sandman

Kava Curious
This is very common. Loud noises are amplified and movement throughout the house are more apparent. Kava puts me in a very sensitive place where life's problems tend to fade, but the little things disrupt the peace. Just be aware of it and it will be easy to control. Consider it a small side effect.

KavaDawg

Kava Curious
This is very common. Loud noises are amplified and movement throughout the house are more apparent. Kava puts me in a very sensitive place where life's problems tend to fade, but the little things disrupt the peace. Just be aware of it and it will be easy to control. Consider it a small side effect.
Damn... I wish I knew that earlier. Eh, I'll be alright.

Superior Sandman

Kava Curious
Didn't really affect me tonight. I enjoyed shooting off mortars and almost completely ignored my drunk mother in law with no anxiety or arguments. Although had I been sitting around in a quiet area it probably would have went differently. Set and setting plays into the kava experience.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah I definitley get this from more sedating kinds I suppose. After the initial heady ness wears off I'm left a little edgy... Ecspecially if I'm hungry too.