What's new

Kava and Phenibut combination ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Both kava and phenibut are both GABA agonists, so I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to combine them or take them close together, as far as overloading your system on GABA.
Although it appears Phenibut works with GABA-b, while Kava works on GABA-a, so does that mean that taking them together wouldn't necessarily be overloading on GABA ?

KahunaDave

Ive taken both before a few times , i didnt have any problems but didnt find any advantage to combining them either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I don't think you'll find anyone around here recommend combining them. It's not dangerous but I wouldn't recommend the combo unless you have lots of experience with both. Even though phenibut binds to GABA-B, they will still have an additive effect. I've combined phenibut with a few things and it usually works well but with kava it wasn't really fun. Once the heavy sedating properties of each kick in, you'll probably get a very strong urge to sleep. I've thought about taking a bit of it at the tail end of my kava sessions since most kava isn't very sedating to me anymore but I think I've found a better sleep herb.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I’ve combined a half dose of phenibut with kava more than five times now. I don’t take phenibut often, and I use this combination strictly as a one two knock out punch. Don’t do this when you need to get up on time the next morning.

I only combine these when I have the next day off and I’m dead on my feet due to extreme sleep deprivation and need to get past that initial difficulty in getting to sleep after being up far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.