What's new

Kava and Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms

Blergs

Kava Curious
Figured I'd ask here.
I use kava almost daily in fairly big amounts, I also microdose Psilocybe cubensis for medicinal and therapeutic reasons about 0-4 times a week.
I usually wait 2-3 hrs after having my mushroom to have my kava.

is it ok to just take at the same time? Or after already having had kava?

Figured this would be a good place to ask for experience and input.

Thank you!! :)

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Good time. No worries. I have done this three times. Serving size of the psilocybe cubensis was 2g, 2g, and 1g. Each time I added the kava it was helpful, and mostly a way to settle into a familiar ritual, a grounding, hydrating activity of balance. Everyone is different, so take care. In my experience the kava added the ceremonial touch to my experience and took nothing. Nausea may have been increased had I pushed it further. I agree the mushrooms can be medicinal and therapeutic, and I believe kava can be as well. They do not seem to work against eachother. Remember, my few experiences is not the final answer. Gather some more responses before you decide you are fully informed. Bulaaaa.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Will be fine. Probably take it slow the first time to monitor for individual reactions. I wouldn’t preload on a lot of kava. More like after the peak.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I would not recommend a full dose with a full dose of a heady kava since the ladder sort of dulls the experience a bit. It's not like its super terrible or dangerous - just does not go that well together i think. You would be fine. I also find that with microdosing, the days after are best - im sure it will do its thing with kava or without, but try and see for yourself. Nothing bad in terms of effects will happen, im personally convinced of that. Maybe best to try a more relaxing kava in conjunction ..i can imagine it being nice even ...have not tried it though.

Blergs

Kava Curious
Good time. No worries. I have done this three times. Serving size of the psilocybe cubensis was 2g, 2g, and 1g. Each time I added the kava it was helpful, and mostly a way to settle into a familiar ritual, a grounding, hydrating activity of balance. Everyone is different, so take care. In my experience the kava added the ceremonial touch to my experience and took nothing. Nausea may have been increased had I pushed it further. I agree the mushrooms can be medicinal and therapeutic, and I believe kava can be as well. They do not seem to work against eachother. Remember, my few experiences is not the final answer. Gather some more responses before you decide you are fully informed. Bulaaaa.
Thank you!

Ohh I only take less than half a gram, usually 0.2-0.3g . Haven't taken more than half a gram in over 15 yrs, when I was messing around trying a few things.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
Have only had one bad experience but that was due to lack of eating and drinking way too much pouni ono beforehand. Otherwise in moderation they go together perfectly.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Some people....have found that a little bit of kava can help on the "come up" phase of psychadelics especially if you are prone to a little bit of anxiety. Not sure it would be worth it while micro-dosing. I am positive with a little experimentation you can find a combo that works, but I guess I would ask what you are looking for from each substance and why mix in the first place unless it is for a reason.