What's new

Kava and Stomach problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I’m sure it’s all tested and everything. My point is that AZcat and I are both in arizona. I think something happened in a warehouse or in transit here.
I don't know about that. I ordered mine from Amazon, and it comes from Kavafied in Tampa FL

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Yeah it is a long way to travel and through many different hands. The vendor thinks it’s a sediment issue while I cry potential cooties. I have leftover grog in my fridge from the barf fest last night. The sediment is settled to the bottom so since I haven’t died yet, by golly here I go with the last experiment!

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Welp I lived without throwing up. I had about 2.5 shells left of the grog. Still very nauseating and not any great effects. No matter the cause, this must not be the right kava for me. Let by gones be by gones. :)

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
As noted by @wanderingwoodsmith that's lot number 180417, hence the same as I'm drinking for months without problems.
I've been using this batch for a while and haven't had any issues. I have noticed that some of the more potent kava offerings lately (in general, not Kavafied) have caused me to get more nausea but that's how it used to be with most strong kava. The nausea also fades within 2-4 hours, as it did in the past... go to sleep hoping not to vomit and wake up to pee heavily sedated with no stomach issues, only now without the heavy sedation needed to put me back to sleep.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I've been using this batch for a while and haven't had any issues. I have noticed that some of the more potent kava offerings lately (in general, not Kavafied) have caused me to get more nausea but that's how it used to be with most strong kava. The nausea also fades within 2-4 hours, as it did in the past... go to sleep hoping not to vomit and wake up to pee heavily sedated with no stomach issues, only now without the heavy sedation needed to put me back to sleep.
That’s an interesting experience. Thank you for sharing. I’m just going to go for balanced to medium heavy for awhile and stay away from the turbo heavy ones.

ElKavallero

Kava Curious
I am having a big problem right now with stomach pains and I am wondering if Kava could be responsible, as the pains started after having a very large dose of Kava Supeme, which I had taken on an empty stomach. Its now several days since I had that Kava, ( July 11th ) but I still keep getting Stomach pains, coupled with Diarrhea,
and feeling weak and shaky.
Did you use kava that you dried out and saved to blend later? I think I read you mention something to that effect in another thread. Curious if that could have increased the chances of cross contamination.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
Did you use kava that you dried out and saved to blend later? I think I read you mention something to that effect in another thread. Curious if that could have increased the chances of cross contamination.
No, I didn't use that stuff at all, I just threw it away, as I didn't like the smell of it.

mzii

Kava Curious
I'm glad to report that I drank some of this batch (Lot# 120418) last night and got good effects with no nausea. I feel great today. I will continue to drink the 1/2 lb and report back if I have any issues.

skip L

Kava Curious
One thing I've learned is my blood sugar (not diabetic) plays a lot into my kava experiences. It's good to make sure you are properly fueled so to speak when having many shells. At least for myself it helps prevent nausea/shakiness/shitty feeling haha

AZcat

Kava Drinker
One thing I've learned is my blood sugar (not diabetic) plays a lot into my kava experiences. It's good to make sure you are properly fueled so to speak when having many shells. At least for myself it helps prevent nausea/shakiness/shitty feeling haha
For myself, I find its best to drink Kava on an empty stomach, that is at least 4 hours after a meal, and then eat a meal maybe about 2 hours after drinking it.
I find that if I drink Kava too close to having a meal, it can make me feel nauseated. Also, on an empty stomach the effects of the Kava come on more rapidly, and are more powerful.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
For myself, I find its best to drink Kava on an empty stomach, that is at least 4 hours after a meal, and then eat a meal maybe about 2 hours after drinking it.
I find that if I drink Kava too close to having a meal, it can make me feel nauseated. Also, on an empty stomach the effects of the Kava come on more rapidly, and are more powerful.
I think that there are foods that work well with Kava and foods that don't. For me, Vegetarian Greek food works very well with Kava. I just ate some Dolmades and it felt wonderful - made the Kava a lot stronger !

Status
Not open for further replies.