What's new

Kava Anxiety ?

M

Metchit

So i got a bag of Koniak about 5 days ago, i've been drinking pretty heavily to get through RT
but i find that the day after i consume the kava i feel very "out of it" and more anxious than usual.

could this be from the nor-epinephrine uptake inhibitor factors?
it lasts quite a long time until i start drinking shells again :confused:

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I got the same thing when I started . More out of it than anxious . Kind of turned me off off kava. Once I broke through the Rt I was fine ..Ialso realized I wasn't drinking any water which for me is a must . Also koniak is a heavy kava (i haven't tried it ). not recommended for everyday drinking

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
My first use with Koniak made me very nauseous. I hadn't used it since until I decided to try mixing it with my Nambawan and Boruguru. Doing that really worked well for me. It enhanced the potency of my batches but without the nausea.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Metchit, like Kavanewb said, that kava is not good for drinking everyday, the effects you are probably feeling are from the kava, the 2 main ingredients in that kava are DHK and DHM, these 2 kavalactones are the most potent and long lasting of all the kavalactones that is why it is called a tuday kava. You might want to try a different kava, a noble kava or as HeadHodge said you can mix the tuday kava with a regular kava, it does make it more potent. I personally stay away from the tuday kava, I can make any other variety stronger just by adding more powder root to less water and if I need to I drink more, I have felt noble kava the next day if you drink too much.
I hope that you are able to find your happy spot with kava, good luck and let us know if you have any questions, we are always looking to help. Aloha.

Chris