Change background image

Kava Beer. I have done it.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Plantacious, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Plantacious

Plantacious Kava Enthusiast

I don't know if it's a first, but it's a giant step and Kavafied/Modernesian Kava in Tampa Florida is at again, with innovation.
    They have Kava Beer.
    It is non-alcoholic beer with kavalectones.
    So it's the non-alcoholic taste of beer, with kava infused into it.
    I have tried it myself, and it was wonderful. It seems like yet another great alternative for those wanting to wean themselves off of beer/alcohol, so you get the taste of beer, and the effects of kava.
  2. Henry

Henry . Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

so it's a kavalactone extract with non-alcoholic beer?
  3. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

I saw this the other day and it blew my mind. @Kavafied do you think you could give us some more details?
  4. fait

fait Position 5 Hard Support

I have not tried non-alcoholic beer but my general experience with mixing kava and other liquids has not been good. I've gotten used to most kava tastes, so I'm used to just chugging it made with water.

But it sounds like other people, including Modernesian, has made something work. I'm curious about the deets also.
  5. Krunʞy

Krunʞy . Admin

I quit drinking alcohol with kava, seems a bit counterintuitive for me to drink a non alcoholic kava beer but it's an interesting idea.
  6. SelfBiasResistor

SelfBiasResistor Persist for Resistance!

It's an interesting idea but if it becomes popular/common it could be counter productive to the image of kava since the general population is always looking to find bad in psychoactive herbs. On the other hand, if someone could successfully integrate strong instant or fresh into a brew it could be a great tool for people who are having trouble stopping alcohol.
    Alia and Nickavalas Turtle like this.
  7. Sincere goose

Sincere goose New Member

That sounds awful lmao
    frosty likes this.
  8. Plantacious

It actually tasted more like beer than a lot of beers do, as many beers taste more like water
  9. Sincere goose

Sincere goose New Member

Water is my favorite never once have I had a beer that tasted good but that's just me. Alcohol in general just tastes like drinking a solvent to me.
  10. Plantacious

Good question.
    Not sure on the specifics of preparation and sources