What's new

Kava Called Me Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munsoned

Kava Curious
I went on a hiatus from kava for the last year, but as of the last few months I have had hip pain and knee pain when working out and by the afternoon after a day of work. Alcohol didn't help, marijuana didn't really help and if it did it made me anxious and not as social, but kava helps...a lot. To top it off it doesn't leave me feeling anxious and leaves my mental faculties in check. So I am back on the kava now, and thus back on these forums, and as of tonight I upgraded my old aluballs to the newer premium ones. I am also looking forward to drinking less alcohol and watching my weight go down by letting go of my nightly beer. So long story long, hello everyone, I am looking forward to reading and chatting about kava and health with all of you. Bula!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Good work! Kava is a great alternative to both alcohol and marijuana. I have always had problems with medical marijuana (personally) because of the anxiety and impact on mental faculties. CBD oil can be good for pain, but is expensive and one just kind of wishes it had a bit more of "something" to it.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
High cbd, 1% thc strains are the best in all circumstances in my opinion.
You can use 20x more and it has the something while being almost impossible to overdose... the benefit of good quality cbd versus kava is the lack of drying out your joints and muscles which can cause it's own inflammation

Munsoned

Kava Curious
When I was in Portland, Oregon there was a strain called Pennywise that was like a cuo of coffee mixed with some muscle relaxation relief, but in Illinois you have to be just on the other side of death to even get medical marijuana. CBD was just made legal to the public, but now every mom and pop store is carrying CBD oil so I'm going to have to really sift through some hot crap to find the rare diamond. I even saw a video rental store advertising they carry CBD products now! In the meantime, Kava, a keto diet, and DDP Yoga are going to have to suffice.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Good work! Kava is a great alternative to both alcohol and marijuana. I have always had problems with medical marijuana (personally) because of the anxiety and impact on mental faculties. CBD oil can be good for pain, but is expensive and one just kind of wishes it had a bit more of "something" to it.
Doug, have you ever tried CBD Hemp Flower, a type of industrial hemp inder the law, so it is legal in all states of USA? I believe it is cross pollinated hemp with kush type indicas for the terpenes. The it is just sinsemilla hemp flower, but with the terpene and flavonoid profile of a top shelf kush. It can be had at CBD content of over 20%. The shake can be had for a $100/lb and can be prepared by infusion, say e.g. a $10 crockpot and anyone who was married publicly in North America has at least three. Some coconut oil and 4 or 5 hours on low and presto, you just saved about a thousand bucks. Maybe more. Or so I hear. Some asshole said his name was Swimby. Oh, and brownies, too. Probably best to just vaporize with a dry herb vaporozerbat about 350 - 365F or so, then collect the AVB and mill for brownies (3 TBS AVB milled in some cheap ass coffee grinder you got at a yard sale for $2 added to the cheapest brownie mix you can find and I mean the SAV-A-LOT gestalt not the Piggly Wiggly gestalt or heaven to Betsy forbid Whole mf Foods but you are more than welcome to use good organic hemp oil and farm fresh free range eggs or even the kind of range eggs you have to pay for. Bake that sludge @325F pre-heated for about 52 - 56 minutes which will .BOTH. decarboxylate whatever needs its fine self decarboximalated and still be a tasty chewy morsel. Cut to 24 brownies and 1 brownie about two hours before it’s up the hill to Bedfordshire and you might sleep well. Or so, as I say, I hear.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
High cbd, 1% thc strains are the best in all circumstances in my opinion.
You can use 20x more and it has the something while being almost impossible to overdose... the benefit of good quality cbd versus kava is the lack of drying out your joints and muscles which can cause it's own inflammation
With hemp flower one can blend any percentage mm to a 1:1 ratio. Of course, best if the plant does it, like NOrthern Lights. But like I say if one wants 1:1, one can always have it.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I smoked Charlotte's Web for awhile and really liked that strain :) It helped a lot with my initial PTSD after returning from the civil war in South Sudan. Most marijuana (especially edibles) just makes me feel super paranoid.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I smoked Charlotte's Web for awhile and really liked that strain :) It helped a lot with my initial PTSD after returning from the civil war in South Sudan. Most marijuana (especially edibles) just makes me feel super paranoid.
Of course it does. ODing on THC delta 9 feels terrible and the best way to get to the worst THC OD short of wax or dabs or shatter on a hot nail is edibles. Usually because edibles are sold in packets of 100mg in two brownies, e.g., when the proper dosage is about 20 mg for a seasoned (at least daily use for at least one month) user and 10mg for a more casual user. But what usually happens is people eat one brownie, already 2.5 - 5x the dose they should have taken and feeling no IMMEDIATE goddam EFFECTS which is all our add culture ever wants, and not fully appreciating that edibles take 2 hours to take full effect, they eat the other one. Then blame the brownies, which is really unfair imo as brownies don’t force people to take a 5x - 10x overdose.

THC delta 9 is a poison, produced as many plants do, to keep animals from eating the plant at a particular point in its life cycle. That’s why THC content in cannabis goes way down if you let it go to seed. The plant doesn’t mind if animals eat it and then crap out the seeds intact and coated in nourishing poo, not when the time is good for it. But before it has produced viable seeds, the THC protects the reproductive process. Unless one very clever animal develops a taste for it. Of course, not all poisons are bad if taken in small enough quantities, salicylate, belladonna, foxglove, THC.

But THC is only one of over 100 cannabinoids and it’s the only one that makes cannabis illegal in the places it still is, and the only one that makes people feel bad. A brownie with THC can be a good experience but also it can be the worst experience of your life, about 6 to 13 hours of hell, you could break a tooth falling down or end up in emerg because you think you’re dying, and yes, feel paranoid. Remove THC from that equation and none of that bad shit obtains. You just feel good. And it can help you sleep. And if you are undergoing radiation it can help with the uptake of the radiation.

Besides, you could just have high THC kif handy if you wanted and just add that in whatever amount you wanted to make hemp as strong or weak in THC as you wanted for those occasions when paranoia is useful (I use it occasionally as a way of tempering my brain and soul, toughening me so I stay sane when I can’t afford to lose my bottle, like a controlled burn in firefighting).

Anyway, buying hemp and hemp flower is a lot cheaper, also safe and also legal everywhere in USA, than both cannabis and legal CBD products. Also, by preparing you own edibles, tinctures, cannabutter etc you can control the dosage so you get exactly what you want and/or need, control the quality so you know exactly what you are getting and know it is good and safe.

Also, this goes great with kava or after kava but before bed. Finally, my go to for insomnia now, which I have had a couple of times now because of radiation (and I can not afford not to sleep) is one CBD brownie with a CO2 kava extract from Judd or Tyler and it works in about 20 minutes for me.

The cost factor is another thing. By seizing the means of production you can produce your stuff for a tiny fraction the cost of buying ready mades, like less than 10% the cost, and it is for many the cost which keeps them away. Oddly, while it is legal to grow cannabis in MI and elsewhere it is illegal to grow industrial hemp without a special license, almost impossible to get and not available to home gardeners. This is because the universe is fucked in the head something awful, though still a great place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.