What's new

Kava Catalog?

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
So I was thinking...

Wouldn't it be neat to have a kava catalog? You know like the old timey Sears Roebuck kinda catalog?

Yeah it's easy to just go online and go to the website of each vendor and look. But wouldn't it be cool to have a kava catalog for your coffee table or something? It'd have all the vendors we know and love in one book to browse through, maybe a couple articles, some pictures maybe once in a while a coupon or two. Of course each copy would come with a few fancy pants kava order forms.

I was looking at all the vendors we got on the forums and I went "hmmm". Something like this catalog would be nice to have to show new people that are interested in kava. Plenty of times I though a magazine/catalog...thing...would be useful in that situation. Mostly...because...well because kava. ::kavaleaf::

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Let's have this conversation after the Tudei controversy dies down and we see how many vendors are left standing. Right now, I already have the gadzillion vendors of Noble kava memorized. :rolleyes:

verticity

I'm interested in things
I don't know, it might be a case of "This catalog ain't big enough for the two of us."
Plus the fact that supplies of different strains are constantly coming and going, the web is really the best medium for a "catalog" you actually order things from. I could see a magazine like @Poivrier says. That would be nice to have on the coffee table. I don't know if there is enough market though.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Well...I should say catalog.....sort of.

Think window shopping on paper. And then a "go here" sign after the windows shopping is done. I donno. It's mostly a novelty conversation piece kinda thing.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Well...I should say catalog.....sort of.

Think window shopping on paper. And then a "go here" sign after the windows shopping is done. I donno. It's mostly a novelty conversation piece kinda thing.
I think what you're describing is called a magazine. ;)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ya even a kava magizine would be awesome. Monthly or by monthly, maybe have some new kavas in it with reviews for them..new kavas coming in the future.kava in the news...and of course pictures lol, im sure you could add way more to it as well...
I would totally be down for a subscription :)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
It's a shame in order to make something like that sustainable it'd have to cost money. But that's how it is.
The idea of a kava magazine is a neat idea though.

Last edited:

Naijomii

Kava Curious
KQ = Kava Quarterly? I'd subscribe! I still read and order books and don't own an ipad or the likes, heck I just got my very first cell phone a few months ago. And yes, I live under a rock :p

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
hmmmm. I like this idea. I like it a lot. Heck, we haven't put the newsletter function of this forum to good use yet. A sort of "catalog" of all the approved noble kavas out there.

Yes yes. This is a great idea.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
@Kapmcrunk Hmm...well lets start with something small. I'm brain storming a bit with a beginner's guide kind of thing at the moment.

It's cool and all answering questions when new potential kava drinkers join up and ask the basic questions. I don't mind answering. But it would be nice to have something like this that one could just print out or something that has all the basic info about kava in it for beginners. Maybe I'll start another thread about that.