What's new

Kava Colada Anyone? Or I got your Mixologist!

D

Deleted User01

So I ordered some more instant today and had a brain storm in the shower. The taste of instant is negligible and so you might be able to make a nice mixed drink with it. I tried to con one of our esteemed members into becoming our Chief Mixologist but he gracefully bowed out. So I'm assuming the title of Temporary Chief Mixologist at the Kava Forums. I have a long range game plan which I will discuss later. Here is what I'm currently sipping and liking. Yep, I said sipping:

1 tablespoon of GHW Vanuatu Instant (didn't have enough so ....)
1 Tablespoon of GHW Vanauatu Micronized (need a little fiber in my diet).
Mix in about a cup of warm water. Stir really good and give it a chance to dissolve.
Add about 3 tablespoons of Bacardi Pina Colada Frozen Mix and stir well.
Top off with all the ice it will hold.
Color is still brown but pretend it's not.
Taste is excellent.

Now imagine you are sitting by the pool with your sunglasses, listening to some cool music, and sipping your Ice Cold Pina Colada. You are in the moment as your eyes glaze over. I have taken but a few sips and my ears are already beginning to ring and my mouth is numb. That's a good sign.

So there will be more postings in the future. I know we need to keep these things Healthy and some of these mixes have too much sugar. And drinking Kava in this manner may not be for everyday use but for weekends at the Coast or by the Pool or at a BBQ with fiends and family (while they drink the real ones). In the future I may post smoothies and/or juices but I'm still working on the plan. Gotta go, the ice is melting.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Maybe...

I'm pretty boring when it comes to drinking kava.:D

The sitting by the pool and the BBQ sounds good. The ice in my kava....not so much.:sour:

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Nice here are some more kool recipies from go kava .com

Honey Kava: Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey and ice to The Basic recipe and blend again.

Black Russian: Add 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup or cocoa and some milk to The Basic recipe and blend again.

Kava Colada: In a blender, add 5 tablespoons of GoKava's super instant kava add a whole ice tray of frozen pineapple juice cubes and a full 8 oz. can of coconut milk, honey and vanilla to taste and blend away. This makes really delicious drinks. You can substitute Kava root instead of super instant kava, but blend the Kava with water first and strain (like the basic recipe), then add the cubes, coconut milk and honey.

The Veggie:Add any fruit or vegetable juice to The Basic Recipe, strain and enjoy!

French Press Kava

Another easy recipe that provides a potent Kava juice is to use a French coffee press. Add 6-8 tablespoons of Kava powder and fill with warm water (add 1 tablespoon of Lecithin granules) and stir. Let sit for 20-30 minutes and then press the French press plunger down slowly and steady until it will go no further. Pour off the tea/juice and then repeat the process again with the left over pulp and add both together. Refrigerate leftovers.

Kava Fruit Shake

Kava is also delicious in a shake. If you’re having problems swallowing down kava just by itself with water, but you enjoy kava’s soothing effects, try this:

• 4-6 cups of your favorite blend of frozen fruits (peaches, strawberries, cherries, huckleberries, and even blueberries)
  • 1/4-1/2 c of half-and-half
  • About 5 tbsp of sugar (granulated or brown)
  • 4-6 tbsp. Kava root powder or 2-3 tbsp of Super Instant Kava
(1) Blend all ingredients together, including kava. Add water slowly if the blender is having problems with the dried fruit. The cream should help the blender along also. Add the Kava last.

(2) Add more creamer, water, and sugar to desired taste and consistency.

*Makes about a quart of shake, depending on how much of each ingredient added.

Breakfast Shake: Try blending in some protein powder in the mornings. It’s a great way to start our day, or even have a quick snack or even dessert. Kava makes a great way to relax after a rough day.

D

Deleted User01

It's not Kava anymore, it's a Pina colada. Let's say everyone is having cold drinks by the pool. You join in the fun carrying something that looks like a mixed drink but it has a double dose of Kava. You are becoming just as social as they. Your shields are up at full power. The only difference is that you will be driving them home and you will wake up in the morning raring to go. But I hear ya. And it wouldn't be an everyday thing either. And it probably only works with instant. I'm almost done with this one and feeling good. In a minute I'll break out a bottle of Solomons and go back to my regular scheduled session. But I doubt I'll be able to drink much Solomons after this drink.

D

Deleted User01

Bulabuck, those are nice recipes. I remember seeing the one with the ice cubes but I says to myself, "Good idea but it may be too much trouble for many". So my game plan is to come up with some super easy recipes and take some hints from the ones you just posted or any other ideas that come floating thru the forum. Chocolate Kava Drink, hey, it matches the color of Kava. Use Dark Chocolate for a super healthy drink, add some Chile to it and be like the Mayans. To me anyway, the important thing is to double or triple the amount of instant. You will be sipping this drink and you may not want another. It's a onesee not a session.

By the way Bulabuck, have you or anyone else in the forum experimented with mixed Kava drinks/Juices/Smoothies. If so, please post.

Vekta, I can see you are old school and drink Kava for the taste. :D

I know I will only be mixing on occasion. And a triple Kava drink saves me the hassle of getting up from the patio table to go inside and get another shell. And I can sip it for God's sake, I don't have to horse it all down in one gulf. I like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
:nailbiting:I know Deleted User01 Iam excited but scared to do it with reg root because i don't want to water it down me being a chef you would think i would be confident . ButI've been stuck in traditional for solong iam excited to try it instant would prob be the best way but i want to use regular root too Iam confused at the ratios:banghead:
Iam so into this now really pumped now i need to buy more instant a blender and supplies

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I mixed some Mello Mello with a fanta ..after kneading and straining in water first and the result wasn't too bad actually ..a and believe it or not I felt a little more uplifted than usual off my fist shell ..carbonation?

D

Deleted User01

Man, I wish I had a next door neighbor who was a chef (and drank Kava). I love to cook and I love well prepared food. I'm not sure it would work that well with Powder. With the instant, it worked great. It tasted like a Pina Colada. I don't think I tasted any Kava in there. And I even used the Micronized from Chris. I'm feeling very, very good indeed. I'm working on a large cup of regular solomons right now and I'm hoping I can finish it.

Let's say this would be a special occasion Kava. Not everyday. Instant is not cheap after all. But this recipe is so yesterday. I want to develop something more interesting and more healthful. You might be the man to tap for some ideas. And what a great way to introduce people to Kava and especially the women. heh, heh, heh .... By the way, I have a Vitamix but I didn't use it for this drink. When the weather warms, it might be cool to have Frozen Kava Margaritas and so on. Then the blender comes into play. Let's kick this thing around just for grins. I think one of these sugary drinks is plenty so I have to stress that you use a double or triple dose of instant Kava in it. It will go down easy but one is enough.

D

Deleted User01

Kavanewb, carbonation is interesting. I used to drink a kick ass ice cream soda when I was a kid that was made with plain old soda water, not flavored. Just soda water, chocolate syrup, and a couple of scoops of ice cream. The carbonation angle is another thing to consider. Why not?

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I wonder if the very small margin of alcohol in a dealcoholized beer would cause any damage if mixed with instant ?I mean I love beer but I hate the aftermath

D

Deleted User01

There ya go HeadHodge. If we make a recipe book, that's the name for this one. And standby, the next one will be far more healthy. I'm done with Kava for the day, I feel like I just got "A Double Shot of My Babys Love". And a single shot of Solomons. Whew!

Prince Phillip, make a drink as described above and give it to Alzheimer Lady. It's a start.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
French Press Kava

Another easy recipe that provides a potent Kava juice is to use a French coffee press. Add 6-8 tablespoons of Kava powder and fill with warm water (add 1 tablespoon of Lecithin granules) and stir. Let sit for 20-30 minutes and then press the French press plunger down slowly and steady until it will go no further. Pour off the tea/juice and then repeat the process again with the left over pulp and add both together. Refrigerate leftovers.
Wow that's neat @BULABUCK I bought a 32 oz French Press solely to play with it to prep Kava. My experience was miserable, so much so, I almost threw the thing away (but didn't). So reading this has given me new hope and I'm going to try it again.

When you say Kava powder what are you using? It's not Instant right? What did you think of the results (compared to regular prep method)?

Thanks

D

Deleted User01

Kavanewb. It's really best not to mix the two in the same day. I have Kava days and I have Alcohol days. But the beer you are describing is probably ok. To help with the dehydration but not everyday.

Bulabuck, "That's the old spirit!" (Famous saying from my history teacher/baseball coach/WWII Vet. RIP ).

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
That counts me out then. They're already used to seeming me with a shell in my hand.:smuggrin: They'd all suffer whip-lash if they say me with a mixed-drink looking thingy. Safety first.:D
Ha Ha. Yeah, don't forgot the umbrella. Those things will poke your eye out!! :nailbiting:

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Wow that's neat @BULABUCK I bought a 32 oz French Press solely to play with it to prep Kava. My experience was miserable, so much so, I almost threw the thing away (but didn't). So reading this has given me new hope and I'm going to try it again.

When you say Kava powder what are you using? It's not Instant right? What did you think of the results (compared to regular prep method)?

Thanks
Not sure headhodge pulled it from go kava .com It looks as if there saying fresh root but if u don't squeeze kava can be weak to non existent. Seems wrong and weird. I have not tried any of these just been eyeing them then Deleted User01 posted so i followed.;)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well Deleted User01, since you are our Chief Mixologist, I need to make sure you never run out of the instant kava, that way you will always be able to do your mad scientist experiments, or should I say HAPPY scientist experiments, and let us know what seems to work.
Aloha to all.

Chris