What's new

kava doesn't work

Fred G.

I tried kava tonight and didn't get any effects from it. I take 12 mgs of Suboxone a day. Could this be blocking the kava?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Welcome to KF, kava can and does work. I am not sure if you drank or tried kava beyond one night. Assuming that's your case, there are a bunch of FAQ's you may have missed out on, such as reverse tolelance, dosage and so on, here are some links that may give you some insight.
http://kavaforums.com/forum/brdc-document/frequently-asked-questions.1/

As with anything new, there is some hit and miss with kava.

Also the more details you provide on your first post, the more the community can help and offer advice.

Last edited:

Synaps3

I know this is old. Just for others that find this post. Kava DOES work! I found you just need to take a bit more than most people were recommending for first time dose. I needed 4 tablespoons (not teaspoons) to feel any effects.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I know this is old. Just for others that find this post. Kava DOES work! I found you just need to take a bit more than most people were recommending for first time dose. I needed 4 tablespoons (not teaspoons) to feel any effects.
For kneaded medium grind, 4 tbs is usually a minimum for me to feel any significant effects and I usually end up going into the 7tbs range. I really only feel doses lower than 4 tbs because I have felt the higher doses and know how to recognize more subtle effects.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Kava does not work for everybody every time, that is true.

But it has worked for millions over millenia. Or we're all chumps. :)

It's tricky at first, though, for most people, all but the very lucky few. But the learning curve is relatively short on this one, just not as short as downing a asspocket o' whisky, unfortunately.