What's new

Kava Dose in Regard to Weight

Sonder

Just curious, I think I’ve read something about kava dosage not really mattering with weight, is this true? I’m curious as to if it differs from traditional drugs in that sense where someone who is heavier would require more of a substance for effect.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Just curious, I think I’ve read something about kava dosage not really mattering with weight, is this true? I’m curious as to if it differs from traditional drugs in that sense where someone who is heavier would require more of a substance for effect.
It is true. There are folks who we call "hard heads" who take a bit more than others, but it is not correlated to weight. On average most folks have about 5TBS (~40 grams) for a session. Others are good with less, some like myself average closer to 10TBS. Some like to get full on krunk in the evenings. Others like to sip all day long to take the edge off but not quite to the edge of krunk.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
For a lot of drugs, maybe even most, dosage is not very dependent on weight. Dosage can still vary from person to person, due to differences in neurochemistry, etc. But alcohol is sort of the odd one out in being so body weight-dependent.