What's new

Kava dosing

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
So still kind of new to kava just wondering if my usage is excessive. ( i am on 2 week break) For the past month i have been using kava king lateral root, i use 5 tablespoons in 16oz milk each hour, once or twice a night.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I don't think so. But watch your body . We know that biologically some people are more prone to alcohols side effects because they're livers haven't been primed.
Alcohol of course harms directly and kava doesn't . But it's good to bear in mind most of us don't have livers with dna from the Pacific island and need to adjust to kava slower perhaps. So if you have any issues definitely take a break..
The first issues you should encounter are stomach upset and dermo since your using Micro but till then you should be okay

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I don't think so. But watch your body . We know that biologically some people are more prone to alcohols side effects because they're livers haven't been primed.
Alcohol of course harms directly and kava doesn't . But it's good to bear in mind most of us don't have livers with dna from the Pacific island and need to adjust to kava slower perhaps. So if you have any issues definitely take a break..
The first issues you should encounter are stomach upset and dermo since your using Micro but till then you should be okay
Thankyou very much i did have dermo but i just quit and it went away in a few days with some hand lotion. If kava upset my stomach id be devastated i love this stuff its a god send from an(former) alcoholics point of view