What's new

Kava Physiology Kava Dreams?

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I have been having some seriously vivid, seriously out there dreams lately. Granted, I think a lot of it has to do with being off of pot for a whole year, like my dream mechanism is kicking back in, but holy crap. Some of them are like Hieronymus Bosch paintings, others are like real-life situations, but they're all extremely vivid and easily remembered. I notice that they're much more intense after having Kava for a couple of days...

Like for instance last night, I was being chase through a Russian town by wacked out meth dealers with submachine guns, and the whole town was made up of interconnected ice rinks, each in their own valley, so it was like, into a rink, through the tunnels, out and up to the peak of a hill, back down into another valley, into another rink, and so on. On the edge of each of the hills was stadium-style seating around the outside of the rink building, and all the seats were filled with people I knew, and I was wondering what the hell they were doing in Russia... I know my goal was to get back to my hotel, which was on top of one of the hills miles away, but no matter what I couldn't get out of this maze of interconnected athletic facilities... Totally bizarre...

I've got tons of other ones too that are just as bizarre. Although I did have a flying dream the other night that was quite satisfying. :)

Anyone else get this? Is it a common phenomenon?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've not had anything that wild but yes I have had the occasional odd dream, usually pretty down to earth and a bit ordinary, related to my life but some others too.

EQ

Atman
Dreams are definetly stress related.

Do you think when you are using kava more frequently it is in more stressful times?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Agreed with @TheanineLife
Dreams are just emotions expressing themselves through thought. So when your being chased and your scared .. that's the fear expressing itself .. the fear causes the dream not the other way around if that helps ?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Dream wise, it's a combination of afterlife/netherworld type stuff, and trying to find a bathroom in a large mall or dormitory type building. I don't think it's related to kava though.

B-Root

Kava Curious
Certain kava varieties most definitely play a role in shaping my dreamworld. Couple years back i had to take a break from drinking Solomon, the dreams were so intense and felt like long periods of my life went by. Other kavas I feel have also enhanced my dreams, especially if i do drink a couple of nights in a row. I think i learned a lot from looking into them afterwards so the dreams def caught my attention. I remember having a cup of Tobacco tea the same night with Kava and noticed my dreams were more pronounced. I'll have to try this again though and take some notes to see if it really does play a factor or not.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
As an everyday kava drinker, I now get weird dreams only upon secession of drinking

My first 10 years of kava drinking were part time and mostly infrequent, in that period of time, every time I would start to drink kava, I would always note long sprawling dreams that felt real and were mostly remembered upon waking.

These days, after years and years of daily kava consumption, the dreams have mostly subsided. However, what I notice now, is that every time I stop drinking kava for a few days, I have long strenuous dreams, right off the bat. Sometimes they're bizarre, sometimes they seem normal...but they're always long and follow some repetitive goal that's difficult to accomplish. I tried it enough times now to be certain it's from stopping kava and not a coincidence. It happens literally every single time I stop.​

It's not a big deal, but I just wanted to point out the reversal, at least in my case, of when and how kava dreams kick in.
Basically; New Drinker = weird dreams while on kava. Daily drinker = weird dreams when off kava.

Last edited:

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
I found kava because of horrific violent dreams I was having. They were always related to me doing things I would never do or me killing people that did horrible stuff and was leaving me kinda tramatized and tired the next day since I have been drinking kava pretty much everyday no more dreams like that. My dad said he had them too...that they were related to being stressed or angry at situations that happened that he couldn't fix or control.

We are fixers and solutions givers so by nature we try and help people and when we can't or people don't let us it's ruff on our psyche.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
It is theorized that endogenous dmt causes dreams. The maoi in kava would intensify that. Stress is believed to cause more dmt production and a reduction of endogenous melatonin production. These things combined could cause the effect. And with regular maoi use out could cause a reduction in effectiveness which would make the crazy dreams decrease with regular use.

Last edited: