Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Spring

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Summer

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Bert07

Me like da kava
Compare your personal experiences between indulging in kava during the colder months and the warmer months, if it applies to your location. Explain any external physical or psychological differences or anything else you want to add. Which season do you prefer the most and why?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'll go ahead and say winter is the only season I don't like. Around here that's the only time when the air gets really dry and the dermo gets really unpleasant.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Obviously, I like it for all seasons. In general, I like heat, I like Summer. For kava, I like the early sunsets of fall & winter. I drink at sunset, which seems annoyingly late in the summer months now. In the South Pacific sunset is always around 5/6 pm. They get the heat and the early sunset. Perfect.

The downfall of winter, like kavadude said, my dermopathy kicks in more cuz of the dry cold air.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I picked fall. It's not really cold yet and I don't h ave to deal with spring time allergies.

I'm not a fan of summer kava or not. I hate being in hot weather. It makes me want to sit in a dark corner somewhere and not move until it gets cooler at night...if it gets cooler. If not...welp...not getting sleep that night I guess.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I picked fall. It's not really cold yet and I don't h ave to deal with spring time allergies.

I'm not a fan of summer kava or not. I hate being in hot weather. It makes me want to sit in a dark corner somewhere and not move until it gets cooler at night...if it gets cooler. If not...welp...not getting sleep that night I guess.
Ditto. My thoughts exactly. I love cooling trends, and despise heat. My mother says I'm not her child because I like the cooler seasons so much. It all comes down to stress. In the refrigeration industry heat = stress.

D

Deleted User01

I like it for all seasons. I selected spring because a couple of doses of Mo'i in the afternoon will keep me motivated to go outside and do all the mundane chores that goes with my obsession of growing more flowers than I can "shake a stick at". It's a process of starting them indoors, re-potting to the Greenhouse, making room in the yard, and final planting. Then there is the mundane job of walking around the yard like a Kava Zombie and watering all the pots. Kava really helps me stay in a good mood when doing some of this stuff. When I hit the couch after supper; I'm feeling really, really relaxed and satisfied. I also vote yes for Daylight Savings Time and I know some of fellow Kava Drinkers would disagree.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
IMHO I think summer is best, particularly when it's raining and/or stormy. Very beautiful to watch, smell, and listen to.

I also really like kav-ing in the winter, esp. in the evening. Throw down a bunch of shells, put on some great relaxing music,
turn out the lights, sit near the picture window and enjoy the intense beauty of a winter's night. So, so beautiful, and peaceful.

Of course, any season will do. :)