What's new

Kava for pain

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
Does anyone have experience with the Root of Happiness Papua New Guinea strain? This is a Tudei strain with a very low flavokavain content compared to most Tudei strains. It is said to have only a few percent more than common noble strains. It is also said to be so potent that one would be getting fewer flavokavains because less is needed.

It is also said to last much longer, but I don’t see any clear indication of how long on average. One source said several hours, but does that mean five or eight or ten?

I was thinking of pairing this with KWK Vula Waka which kava guides says is the best for relaxing muscles. I want to have a good idea of what to expect as far as timing and combining are concerned.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Does anyone have experience with the Root of Happiness Papua New Guinea strain? This is a Tudei strain with a very low flavokavain content compared to most Tudei strains. It is said to have only a few percent more than common noble strains. It is also said to be so potent that one would be getting fewer flavokavains because less is needed.

It is also said to last much longer, but I don’t see any clear indication of how long on average. One source said several hours, but does that mean five or eight or ten?

I was thinking of pairing this with KWK Vula Waka which kava guides says is the best for relaxing muscles. I want to have a good idea of what to expect as far as timing and combining are concerned.
Yes, I am sure you can find my brief review of it if you search. If you are looking for pain relief I would recommend a good heavy noble like squanch waka. It is a bit of a myth to think that tudeis are more potent or stronger (even though some market them that way). Not worth the dermo you would get if you are looking for pain relief imho.

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, I am sure you can find my brief review of it if you search. If you are looking for pain relief I would recommend a good heavy noble like squanch waka. It is a bit of a myth to think that tudeis are more potent or stronger (even though some market them that way). Not worth the dermo you would get if you are looking for pain relief imho.
Squanch says his Waka doesn’t help him with his pain. Sounds like an amazing strain for anxiety, though.

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
When I typed in Zaphod reviews Papua New Guinea kava it sent me to a video review by Kavasseur. He says the same thing that was on kava guides.

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
I took the plunge and ordered some ROH PNG & KWK Vula Waka for pain and spasticity. Got my fingers crossed. Up next is Squanch Waka, then that’s it for me until I either find a way to earn a living or get approved for disability.
I’m hoping to have funds for some CBG & CBDA as well, but I have recently learned that they interfere with each other so will have to use them separately.

CBG, like decarboxylated CBD, both reduce the effects of THC. This is welcome in case of panic attacks and paranoia, but not so good when in need of sleep. CBDA, on the other hand, works by different mechanisms and does not inhibit THC at all which is most welcome when needing help with sleep and inflammation.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
When I typed in Zaphod reviews Papua New Guinea kava it sent me to a video review by Kavasseur. He says the same thing that was on kava guides.
Here is what I wrote in 2018:
"I found the RoH PNG to a real creeper. It came on very slowly versus a noble kava so take it slow and give more time between shells then you would a noble. It tends to lack that pleasant kavain rush that you get with nobles, and most people are looking for. Effects were a very stoney feel, but not unpleasant. Taste was piney but not god awful. I had some stomach issues the next day after the first time I took it, but nothing after that on future shells - so it may or may not have been related to the kava. It did however kick my normal low grade dermo (i.e. general dry hands, eyes, and torso) into full blown dermo (shedding skin like a snowstorm)after just one night of 4-6TBS."

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
The KWK Vula Waka arrived today and I just took 31g medium grind unfiltered. We’ll see how well it works.

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
Here is what I wrote in 2018:
"I found the RoH PNG to a real creeper. It came on very slowly versus a noble kava so take it slow and give more time between shells then you would a noble. It tends to lack that pleasant kavain rush that you get with nobles, and most people are looking for. Effects were a very stoney feel, but not unpleasant. Taste was piney but not god awful. I had some stomach issues the next day after the first time I took it, but nothing after that on future shells - so it may or may not have been related to the kava. It did however kick my normal low grade dermo (i.e. general dry hands, eyes, and torso) into full blown dermo (shedding skin like a snowstorm)after just one night of 4-6TBS."
I did a search on this site rather than a general web search and read a number of the reviews. No one else seems to have gotten dermopathy after just one session. I’ve taken a couple days off and now I have to look closely to see that my skin is slightly more wrinkled and has a just noticeable scaly sheen to it.

I’ve had my skin peel a little in the past but not as bad as when I over wash my hands and they start to crack. I definitely don’t want any snowstorms!

The ROH PNG is on its way and I still plan to try it, but will use the bag on that one. Do you have any suggestions for timing it with the Vula Waka? How much longer did the PNG take to have an effect? How much stronger is it? I’m speculating about how much of each to take in combination.

Jack3

Kava Enthusiast
I made a batch with 33g ROH PNG which I put through 4 washes as well as 27g of KWK Vula Waka. I drank a mug every 10-20min. After about 2 hrs, I was in the zone. It took about 2 hrs 40min to prepare kneading the bag for 10min for each wash.

60g total plus the time involved means this is more expensive than micro which gets me there at 24g.

After one day off, today I mixed 12g ROH PNG, 13g KWK VW, and 10g KWK Borongoru which I drank unfiltered. It is more difficult to choke back, but definitely more affordable and better for me due to chronic fatigue.