What's new

Kava for weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentiententity

Kava Enthusiast
I've read a bit about kava helping with weight loss. Have you guys had this experience? Because i cld use some help in this area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

They say that Solomons makes food taste better so I would avoid that. I had some Kava before Easter lunch and I ate normally. Which is hard to do with 2 types of ribs, sausage, and brisket plus sides. Had I been drinking wine, I would have totally pigged out. And maybe that is the ticket, you avoid alcohol when drinking Kava and you eat normal portions. My favorite idea is to have a Kava Smoothie for lunch or supper. Kill the anxiety at work and fill up on something nutritious. Bye the bye, I start shedding weight when I stick to our daily walks in the neighborhood, 1.5 mile brisk walk. There is no magic bullet, just lots of little things you can do. Kavadude is making sure not to eat a bunch at night which is also highly recommended. Lots of little things.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
If you stick to drinking kava regularly and get on the schedule of eating lunch around 12-2pm and not eating anything after that, for the sake of the kava experience, it definitely helps take the weight off. Heavier kavas make my dinners VERY small...light kavain one's allow me to eat a bit more, but still not as much as I normally would. After my 1st year of regular kava drinking, I lost 20 lbs without trying. Now I get to carelessly add cheese, butter and fat to my meals just to maintain weight. :hungry:

KavaCat

Meow.
I'm interested in this, too, although that's not why I consume kava. I'm new at all this, and while I've noticed that kava makes everything I eat just SO INCREDIBLE (I sipped some bland cauliflower soup I made the other day, and thought it was the most delicious thing in the world), I have emotional eating issues. I think when I find a favorite kava, it will probably help a lot, because I'll be less inclined to eat just because I feel horrible, and like many, I'll be motivated to avoid food, so that I can experience better results with the kava itself. I wonder if anyone around the forums has any experience with kava vs emotional eating?

D

Deleted User01

KavaCat, I think you are on the right track. Kava should help with the "emotional" part and thus you may lose weight my default. If this works, keep us posted. Kava has many, many applications and I love hearing about new ones. Shakas, I wished I could carelessly add butter and cheese to my meals to maintain weight. I watch the scales on a daily basis because it can get away from you in the blink of an eye. A big fat Coconut Cake eye. :D

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Since Kava is reported to be more effective on an empty stomach, I wonder if that's an extra motivation to try and put off eating before consuming some Kava.. Suppose it might also backfire when I think about that too?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Kava provides some extra motivation and on kava drinking days I eat little or nothing after 3PM, which is ideal because dinner and after-dinner snacks are also when I am most likely to overeat. In the end, you gotta eat less food, nothing changes that. But this sort of scheduling has been a big help, in my experience.

I'm interested in this, too, although that's not why I consume kava. I'm new at all this, and while I've noticed that kava makes everything I eat just SO INCREDIBLE (I sipped some bland cauliflower soup I made the other day, and thought it was the most delicious thing in the world), I have emotional eating issues. I think when I find a favorite kava, it will probably help a lot, because I'll be less inclined to eat just because I feel horrible, and like many, I'll be motivated to avoid food, so that I can experience better results with the kava itself. I wonder if anyone around the forums has any experience with kava vs emotional eating?
Between kava mellowing me out and getting some other, unrelated health issues taken care of I find I don't really eat emotionally anymore. So yeah, I think it might help.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Kava makes me hungry.

OP losing weight comes down to calories in vs calories out alone. Even drugs that will literally strip fat off your body like ephedrine and clenbuterol (not recommending either) won't do shit unless you're eating less calories then you expend. If you feel stuck in a rut with your weight, feel free to message me, I'd be more then happy to give you a simple, effective way to lose weight. I used to weigh over 300lbs and was morbidly obese. I now weigh 240 but I've also gained a lot of muscle after dieting down to 195.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

KavaCat

Meow.
KavaCat, I think you are on the right track. Kava should help with the "emotional" part and thus you may lose weight my default. If this works, keep us posted. Kava has many, many applications and I love hearing about new ones. Shakas, I wished I could carelessly add butter and cheese to my meals to maintain weight. I watch the scales on a daily basis because it can get away from you in the blink of an eye. A big fat Coconut Cake eye. :D
I decided to do a conscientious experiment tonight, when I started drinking my kava. I keep weird hours which means I woke up at around midnight (work at home, freelance illustrator, so I can do that and actually enjoy the sheer solitude of the middle of the night... although my waking period will roll into the work hours later), and decided that when I woke up, I'd drink my kava on a completely all-night empty stomach. I tried it with orange juice and grenadine tonight since it seemed similar to some of the recipes on the wiki. I got derailed for a few hours before I could do it, talking to my boyfriend on Skype. So I could safely say it was 10 hours or more since the last time I ate anything, and went straight to the orange juice and kava. I'm a little messed up right now, in terms of body coordination. But also, the important thing that my rambling brain is trying to get to: right now, I feel like I don't have to eat. It's not the appetite suppressing qualities, although those are helping, but it's just that I'm in a place emotionally where even if I think about food, I can tell myself I'm going to eat later- when the kava wears off- and I'm fine with that. This is actually a big improvement. Only time will tell if it consistently works, but it seems to be helping tonight. The only conflict I have is the knowledge of how mind-blowingly delicious all the food is when I'm at this peak euphoria. But definitely not suffering from the same COMPULSION to eat right now that I usually do.

D

Deleted User01

Hi KavaKat. I sent you some interesting information. Please check your forum Inbox. And quit talking about food, you're making me hungry.:D

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Kava also makes me hungry ..I fast from 12 -5 then drink 4-5 shells and then I eat a small meal and then all I want is pie and smoked sausages lol

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Maybe it's just because I drink a big gulp of Vanuatu in a relatively short time, but it always unsettles my stomach to the point where I really don't want to eat anything.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I'm with CanAwa, I'm not so hungry during the drinking session but man-o-man Kava has a way of making a bowl of ice cream afterwards taste awesome. It's a bit of a Catch-22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanAwa

Sometimes I eat a bannana after my last shell and for whatever reason that kicks the kava into overdrive for me ..I ride that out for 30 minutes till it settles down and then I crawl hands and knees to the kitchen and fix a small meal ! Right now I'm papa kea'd and think it's time for supper

KavaCat

Meow.
Wanted to update on the other day:
I was doing great for about two or three hours, but having taken kava on THAT empty a stomach gave me some awful nausea. I think it was a combination of the duration which I hadn't eaten, and my rather loosely filtered kava. (I use a fine mesh strainer as opposed to a cloth right now, and it lets through a little more sediment than a cloth would, although not too much.) I'm having my kava again right now, and feeling the same way- but it's about two hours after breakfast, instead of right out of bed. And yep, still that same benefit, where I just feel okay with everything right now, and don't need to snarf down food to deal with stress. :3

And WOW, thank you for the "thing" in my inbox Deleted User01. :3

CanAwa

Try a bananna usually helps calm my stomach and kicks the kava up a notch for me for some reason

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Depends on what your baseline is. For me Kava replaced about 1000 calories a day in beer. So yeah, I lost some pounds.

But Kava does not cause weight loss.
I think kava can cause weight loss IF the overweight or obesity is an issue of inflamation. Because kava is a powerful anti-inflammatory it can clean up issues of overweight caused by inflammation, as well as a number of other gut related issues. Or at least, that has been my experience. But I think otherwise kava does not cause weight loss as a primary effect, rather, weight loss is a secondary effect of kava, for example, better sleep, changed eating patterns, less alcohol, better hydration, less stress, all of those can be caused by kava and all of those can lead to weight loss.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Kava also makes me hungry ..I fast from 12 -5 then drink 4-5 shells and then I eat a small meal and then all I want is pie and smoked sausages lol
yes, kava leads to wanting sausages. I have noticed that! Cannot explain it, but a small amount of sausages seems to go with kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.