What's new

I Love Kava Friday Kava Friday Extended Holiday Weekend Edition

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava lovers, I hope your Holiday weekend is everything positive that it can be. No matter what your situation. If this time of year brings good feelings, or....more frustrated feelings I hope we can all take a moment to appreciate the calm and silence between the roller coaster rides that sometimes can be the holiday season.

Tonight's shell I raise to Family. Family = the wide range of people who we cherish in our lives. From blood family to friends who have been there through the toughest of times.

Happy Holidays kava lovers. Whatever you specifically call these times of year I hope they are as special and as positive as they can possibly be.

Bula!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
This is the mother of all Friday's and the best time of the year to be rooted, it can stressful around the holidays, like dealing with my brother in law, my older sister who can be a handful and all the other fun stuff to come with the holidays but at the end of the day, it is all about family and spending this time together, so happy holidays to all of you kavasseurs out there and your families.

I hope you all stocked up on kava or like me, requested that Santa drop a couple pounds off by the tree.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Whooo hooo the whole week off through the new year. I quite enjoy xmas these days. I get to play with all of my kids toys! Xmas day there are strictly enforced rules in our house - no leaving, no going to friend's houses, no one comes over, yummy egg dish and cinnamon roles for breakfast, snacks all day, spaghetti/meatballs/homemade sauce for dinner, and the best is no getting out of pajamas. That is right we lounge around all day eat yummy food and play. I feel like it is the only day all year where we get to just chill and "family" all day with no running around. I too will raise a shell for family which includes the very helpful folks on this forum who continue to do the great work of spreading the good word on the root.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
This is the mother of all Friday's and the best time of the year to be rooted, it can stressful around the holidays, like dealing with my brother in law, my older sister who can be a handful and all the other fun stuff to come with the holidays but at the end of the day, it is all about family and spending this time together, so happy holidays to all of you kavasseurs out there and your families.

I hope you all stocked up on kava or like me, requested that Santa drop a couple pounds off by the tree.
Yep I read your comment about "brother in law" and I thought of my sister's first husband.. What a *****. Her divorce lawyer said it was the worst divorce case she had ever done - because of him. So, here's a shell of good grog to her lawyer. God bless her so I don't have to look at his mug again.

Oh, and happy Friday & holiday weekend to all.

Last edited:

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Happy Holidays you guys! I'm excitedly meal planning. Grateful to have food, my sons and friends, and some gifts for the kids. I imagine we'll end up playing a lot of video games. I'm excited my kids are finally old enough to play Mario with me. Finally! ::happyshell::
Lucky! My family is not terribly fond of videogames. I'm hard-pressed to get them to play the board/card games *I* want to play. Hope you guys have fun with those!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Aaaaah. @Bula Kava House was nice enough to drop me off several pounds of root on my door step on xmas eve. Went to our usual family 7 fish dinner and came back around 11pm to a package! Given the amount of shipping going on at this time of year I thought for sure it wouldn't make it until today. What a nice surprise.

mjrinehart27

Kava Curious
My holiday has definitely been one of the more frustrating ones you mentioned. Had to quit drinking about a month ago, and the psychological effects are still lingering, but thankfully I finally got my kava order in the mail today, and all is right with the world again. Bula!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yeah, totally dropped the ball on today's Kava friday. I've spent the last 8 days sick as a dog. Missed Christmas and everything. Enough about that though, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Bula!

-Kapm

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I have another 4-day weekend ahead of me. I took New Year's Eve off because my work day would've been slow and I was about to cap on PTO, so....!