What's new

Kava Hangovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I am new to this site but am so far very impressed with the content and information provided by the members. I looked for a thread on this subject but haven't found one dedicated to it.... I have used Kava for a couple of years but apparently have only used weak sources. Thanks to this forum and the kavasseur blog, I have found suppliers that have much more potent products that have shown a lot of promise. The biggest issue I am having, though, is next day affects. Is there a limit as to how much can be consumed before you end up with "hangover" type effects? Is it common to have next day effects for non tudei Kava? The two that I have used most recently and experienced this problem with are Paradise Hawaiian (next day affect was mild on this one, kinda relaxed and a bit tired overall), the other is Wow (next day effect was nice at first, similar to a moderate dose of an anti-anxiety med when I woke up but within a couple of hours it was very unpleasant, high anxiety, trouble concentrating, overall felt like I didn't want to do anything besides try to sleep it off, which I couldn't due to the fact I had to work). The odd thing is, I used the Wow frequently for a couple of weeks prior with no next day effect whatsoever. It was really nice, I could substitute it for my daily alcohol and benzo use with less side effects.

Anyway, any information on this topic would be appreciated and I apologize if this has been discussed a lot and I have just failed to find the threads before posting....

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Hi there & Welcome, Yes it is fairly common. Herbs that are psychoactive can lead to hangover type feelings as so can Benzo's and Pharma Medications.
Ive devised a Simple Beta Plan to get reduce Hangover's From Kava :

Please Note : Hangover's are still misunderstood and that causes are not known. This isnt a ''Know All Guide'' or a Miracle cure.

1. Stay Hydrated, Throughout your Kava Session and before bed. Try and use Filtered water, Not Unfiltered Tap water.
2. Take Milk Thistle Daily, To Reduce the Load and Stress On Your Liver. Whilst Boosting Glutathione Levels. Very Important for Overall Health.
3. Take a combination of Ginger, Rosemary & Turmeric Daily, To Help with Digestion and Reduce any Nausea. Can Easily add them to Food.
4. Take a B-Complex Such as Jarrow Formulas B-Right Every 3 days, B-Vitamins will help your Trouble with concentration felt in the Hangover.
5. Try to clean up your diet, reduce sugar & gluten intake. Especially limit sugar . Fruit is fine , I'm talking about ''Sucrose''
6. Your Body & Liver need to be able to function & detox relatively quick, this may reduce the longevity of Kava's after effects.
7. I have a feeling that Hangover effects are due to the Liver detoxifying the constituents of Kava . And when you wake up, your liver is still trying to detox.
8. I have found that by limiting sugar intake, Protecting & Boosting My Liver function , i can recover from the Hangover effect easily & quickly.
9. Try Coconut Oil, And Mct Oil, These 2 help Clean Your Bowels, Remove parasites and Mct Oil & Coconut Oil boosts cognition and gives you energy. Take MCT Oil in the morning for a boost. MCT Oil is Derived from Coconut Oil. I take both but you can take 1. MCT Oil is more potent for energy.

Loads of herbs are hepatotoxic even your daily green tea or rooibos tea have caused liver failure & have shown to be hepatotoxic.

As for Kava, even the roots and root powder will require your Liver to Function And Be protected By Milk Thistle, as Kava Root may still contain Hepatotoxins.
I don't know why people haven't caught onto this yet. You need your Liver to Be healthy and protected when taking any herb other than Milk Thistle.
Milk Thistle is 100% necessary whilst taking Kava or any other Herb and is also necessary to protect your liver from everyday food, pesticides & chemicals .

This is only a simple plan, i tried to make it so everyone can use the Ingredients they have in their cupboards at home.
Milk Thistle, Jarrow Formulas B-Complex & MCT Oil Are the only things to buy. All 3 will cost you a total of $15 and will last you 3 months.
Equivalent of 16 Pence or Cents A day. If you dont have them, Ginger, Rosemary and Turmeric, will only cost you $3.

This simple plan is part of a plan i follow, however my Plan is more complex, Simply because i take More Supplements & Herbs for my liver, and others for my Bowels and Gut, however Milk Thistle is powerful enough for your liver & MCT Oil is powerful enough for your gut. Ginger & Turmeric are powerful enough for digestion.

The logic of this plan is very simple. Boost Liver Function & Protect your Liver With Milk Thistle, In turn this reduces the Hangover effects from Kava as your liver can easily get rid of any Hepatotoxin that your might of had trouble with, before using the Milk Thistle. Reduce Digestive issues with Ginger & turmeric. Boost Energy in the morning with MCT Oil & B-Vitamins.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
To me, and this is personally so I speak for myself, the hangover effects are part of my overall classification of kava effects. The "hangover" or continuance of effect from kava is what I find to give me the anti-anxiety effects that last well into the next day. Tuday (Tudei, Two-Day, or Isa) has a higher concentration of larger, doubled bonded kavalactones and require more time to metabolize in your system which leave you with the after effects stronger and longer than noble varieties. We strongly recommend against consuming that type of kava due to the possible toxicity and it being rarely consumed as a daily drinking kava.

Wow! is a great, but heavier kava, and can cause you to feel effects greatly lasting into the next day. Also the amount of food in your stomach can change the rate of absorption of the kavalactones, causing your experience to last longer than it would normally on an empty stomach.

The kava day after effects range from full on, to anxiety relief. Kava, being the fickle flame it is, can vary on these effects based on so many different factors that you can experience completely different effects two days in a row.

To answer your questions directly.
Is there a limit as to how much can be consumed before you end up with "hangover" type effects?
It's solely dose, and absorption rate dependent. So consuming 20 grams on an empty stomach can equal 50 grams on a full stomach in terms of second day effects. However, generally if you feel you're getting too much after effects, then decrease your starting amount.

Is it common to have next day effects for non tudei Kava?
Yes, yes it is. However, they are much lighter and for me pleasant.

We're glad you've found us, and glad we can be a reputable presence in the kava world.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum. I too use Kava as an alcohol substitute but I use it differently than alchohol. Here are my hints for avoiding a Kava Hangover.
Drink lots of water like everyone says.
Take your shells in 15-20 minute intervals and stop drinking when you get good effects. This is not like drinking a six pack where you drink every beer.
Don't take any Kava at least an hour before bed time.

KavaCat

Meow.
I agree with the water, just from my own anecdotal experience. My most recent kava purchase has given me some nausea issues, but they were sporadic. I also found it to be highly diuretic compared to the others, but I didn't make the connection with needing to drink more, until I was miserable with nausea a couple of days ago. After the worst of it had passed, I had a bottle of water. I have a body that will tell me when I need things, if I don't ignore it. As soon as I started to drink, I knew that I needed to drink a lot and was dehydrated. The remaining nausea abated exponentially faster than the first part, before I drank the water.

infraredz

BULA!
The biggest issue I am having, though, is next day affects. Is there a limit as to how much can be consumed before you end up with "hangover" type effects?
Yes, it's quite common for "heavy" or "large" amounts of kava (especially heavy kava that's high in DHM and DHK like Kapm mentioned) to have a slight effect the second day. Also as many others have noted, it's vital to stay hydrated and i would say this would be your number 1 concern. Your urine should be clear before drinking kava, as most of us are chronically dehydrated (some say it's as high as +80%) as it is.
Add kava into the mix, and you really need to be drinking much water. I usually drink around an extra liter or liter and a half (~35-50 oz) after drinking kava. You shouldn't be chugging water right after drinking kava, but over the hours after drinking kava, you should also definitely be sipping on water as much as possible.

Is it common to have next day effects for non tudei Kava?
Yes, it's normal to have what's sometimes called an "afterglow" or "the shield effect" for a day or even a couple after drinking noble kava. Now, this effect should only be something along the lines of gentle relaxation, feeling of ease and acceptance, feelings of being content, feeling slightly less social anxiety, etc. Any nausea, headaches and such are indicative of something else.

The two that I have used most recently and experienced this problem with are Paradise Hawaiian (next day affect was mild on this one, kinda relaxed and a bit tired overall), the other is Wow (next day effect was nice at first, similar to a moderate dose of an anti-anxiety med when I woke up but within a couple of hours it was very unpleasant, high anxiety, trouble concentrating, overall felt like I didn't want to do anything besides try to sleep it off, which I couldn't due to the fact I had to work). The odd thing is, I used the Wow frequently for a couple of weeks prior with no next day effect whatsoever.
There are a number of things that could account for that, but again, stay hydrated!

Also, keep in mind that Paradise's Hawaiian Kava is described on the website as: "Varieties vary from batch to batch. All batches are either Hawaiian cultivars and/or Hawaiian grown Isa within the blends." This Isa is a tudei kava and could give you some slight tudei effects, though in my experience with PK's Hawaiian, either I didn't get batches with a lot of Isa, or they don't put much in because I didn't feel anything different than I did from any other noble kava.

Also, regarding WOW, as Kapm mentioned it is a very "heavy" kava that is heavy in the double bonded lactones DHM and DHK which can result in the effects outlined above and by others. Also, in my experience, it seemed that it had a bit of a tudei-ish effect though not as strong as straight up tudei/Isa/tuday/two-day.

If it comes from Vanauatu, then it should come with a certificate of analysis from the Department of Agriculture in Vanuatu. This would give you the name of the cultivar since the name "WOW" is hardly descriptive of the origin and in my opinion, any kava that has superlatives like that should be avoided and we should be pressing our vendors for the name of the cultivar and its origin (eg. Borogu from Pentecost Island). For references, a COA looks like this:

COA.jpg

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
I'm glad that you started this thread, I've been experiencing the same thing and have been looking for posts. I am curious, what has your weekly alcohol intake been over time, and your age? For me it was roughly 0-1 drinks/week until I was 23, then 25 drinks/week for 3 years, then 40 drinks/week for 3 years, 2 years sober, and I'm 31. I want to know how current or prior stress on the liver factors into kava metabolization even if that kava is noble.

What keeron says bothers me, partly due to my lack of knowledge. If noble kava has very low hepatoxicity, but someone has unknown low to moderate liver damage in the past, does this mean it just takes your liver longer to metabolize it? And if so, during that process, does that mean your liver gets fatty as it focuses on metabolizing the kava, similar to what happens with alcohol? Or the kavalactones are just passively in your system longer? This is probably the most important factor from my perspective, because a hangover is a hangover in terms of over-indulgence, but long term damage is a whole different thing.

I have been feeling horrible effects in the morning and half of those times up until 9 pm, but I can't attribute it exclusively to kava. A notable thing relates to my 22 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. (I get alot of stents, cramps on the side and have to slow down, but that's probably my being out of shape over the winter.) After I work out though, I get this hard hitting fatigue for hours after. It's very unnatural and not good, but could be from sleep. I have been taking a vegan capsule multivitamin daily for years, along with alpha lipoic acid, started taking milk thistle recently, eat pretty much very healthy, hydrate constantly and balance it with some gatorade for electrolytes. My body type has been skinny but in good shape with exercise. My "hangovers" from drinking alcohol over 2 years ago just consisted of fatigue, but I was still able to work out 25-45 minutes daily, but I was sleeping horribly. I can't imagine that noble kava would be worse for you than booze.

My current effects are probably 90% chance from lack of sleep, since that has been a huge problem for me and continues to be as I cut down sleeping pills and replace them with kava. It is possible that the kava I've been taking interferes with deep sleep in the way that alcohol can. Or it's possibly from gabapentin withdrawals after lowering the dose a month ago, but the liver element bothers me. It also coincides with my left (kava strainer) hand getting a bit leathery which may be the initial stages of dermopathy, which others on here have attributed to cholesterol changes, which ultimately points to the liver, which is troublesome. But I also know that a few members here are former alcoholics or currently drink alcohol when not taking kava, they're probably older than I am (31).

In your case, I know that drinking and taking benzos puts strain on the liver, so maybe we both have some liver history? I can't really imagine a noble kava drinking session causing any more strain than eating once at McDonalds.

It is very strange because some nights I have had glowing experiences drinking like 4tbsp Melo + 4-6 tbsp Boroguru, and slept more than I have in months, and felt okay the next day aside from that exercise fatigue. For comparison it would only take 2 tbsp of tudei kava for me to bomb a job interview the next day due to fatigue.

Also on the topic of hydration, as a seasoned drinker I was very familiar with chugging water before bed every night to prevent hangovers. But that is because alcohol is 7 calories per gram, and your liver literally needs water to metabolize it. If our symptoms are due to lack of water, is that only because kava is a diuretic? Or is there an energy cost when metabolizing? Or is the emphasis just on the newbie mistake of just urinating a lot and having no water in their diet in the first place?

Anyway I'm abstaining from kava for a few days, resuming sleeping pills, and seeing the results. But I did order from GHK last night because I really don't trust any other vendors at the moment. It's true that pharm companies want money, but so does everyone including random islanders (who are expected to wait, what is it… 5 years for kava to grow?), and I'm through with putting stuff into my body which could be spiked, moldy, or improperly harvested.

Also, for your consideration or others reading, I found this helpful list of medications that can interact (harmfully or not) with kava: http://www.rxlist.com/kava-page3/supplements.htm
So, obviously benzos are not good on their own, and replacing with kava seems to be much better, additionally many people here seemed to have replaced benzos with kava or even take a benzo during a panic attack despite recently taking kava, but the most harmful interactions with kava seem to be with benzos. My psychiatrist told me this as well when I told her I was taking kava. I don't take benzos though, just low dose trazodone with interacts but not harmfully.

Last edited:

Bluesjunky

Kava Curious
One thing that has really helped me avoid kava hangovers is proper straining. I went through a short period where I stopped straining (bad idea) because I had such a powerful blender and doing so definitely increased the negative hangover effects the next day. Now, I've become a little obsessive with my ritual: I strain once into a pitcher, then pour the fresh kava in a second pitcher, straining a second time, thereby eliminating the majority of that kava dirt sooty stuff which does nothing good.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Steve, have you had a sleep study done?

Kava is known to be a diuretic, the mechanism of action that causes it is not.

I can echo the advice to drink lots of additional water with kava.

As for hangovers, I find I rarely get any next day effects so long as I am drinking noble kava and making sure to stay hydrated. Sometimes I have trouble getting out of bed but I find the grogginess resides as soon as I have some tea and breakfast.

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Steve, have you had a sleep study done?

Kava is known to be a diuretic, the mechanism of action that causes it is not.

I can echo the advice to drink lots of additional water with kava.

As for hangovers, I find I rarely get any next day effects so long as I am drinking noble kava and making sure to stay hydrated. Sometimes I have trouble getting out of bed but I find the grogginess resides as soon as I have some tea and breakfast.
Thanks kavadude. I haven't, but I am seeing my doctor soon. It is very possible that it is undiagnosed allergies as well. I hope that's the case because I love kava. This topic is good though because in the best case we can rule out possibilities of noble kava causing problems.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Steve you absolutely should. If I recall right you are taking a bunch of meds for sleep problems. (?) These can often be related to sleep apnea, circadian rhythm disorders, and other things that can't be treated with medication.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Hi there & Welcome, Yes it is fairly common. Herbs that are psychoactive can lead to hangover type feelings as so can Benzo's and Pharma Medications.
Ive devised a Simple Beta Plan to get reduce Hangover's From Kava :

Please Note : Hangover's are still misunderstood and that causes are not known. This isnt a ''Know All Guide'' or a Miracle cure.

1. Stay Hydrated, Throughout your Kava Session and before bed. Try and use Filtered water, Not Unfiltered Tap water.
2. Take Milk Thistle Daily, To Reduce the Load and Stress On Your Liver. Whilst Boosting Glutathione Levels. Very Important for Overall Health.
3. Take a combination of Ginger, Rosemary & Turmeric Daily, To Help with Digestion and Reduce any Nausea. Can Easily add them to Food.
4. Take a B-Complex Such as Jarrow Formulas B-Right Every 3 days, B-Vitamins will help your Trouble with concentration felt in the Hangover.
5. Try to clean up your diet, reduce sugar & gluten intake. Especially limit sugar . Fruit is fine , I'm talking about ''Sucrose''
6. Your Body & Liver need to be able to function & detox relatively quick, this may reduce the longevity of Kava's after effects.
7. I have a feeling that Hangover effects are due to the Liver detoxifying the constituents of Kava . And when you wake up, your liver is still trying to detox.
8. I have found that by limiting sugar intake, Protecting & Boosting My Liver function , i can recover from the Hangover effect easily & quickly.
9. Try Coconut Oil, And Mct Oil, These 2 help Clean Your Bowels, Remove parasites and Mct Oil & Coconut Oil boosts cognition and gives you energy. Take MCT Oil in the morning for a boost. MCT Oil is Derived from Coconut Oil. I take both but you can take 1. MCT Oil is more potent for energy.

Loads of herbs are hepatotoxic even your daily green tea or rooibos tea have caused liver failure & have shown to be hepatotoxic.

As for Kava, even the roots and root powder will require your Liver to Function And Be protected By Milk Thistle, as Kava Root may still contain Hepatotoxins.
I don't know why people haven't caught onto this yet. You need your Liver to Be healthy and protected when taking any herb other than Milk Thistle.
Milk Thistle is 100% necessary whilst taking Kava or any other Herb and is also necessary to protect your liver from everyday food, pesticides & chemicals .

This is only a simple plan, i tried to make it so everyone can use the Ingredients they have in their cupboards at home.
Milk Thistle, Jarrow Formulas B-Complex & MCT Oil Are the only things to buy. All 3 will cost you a total of $15 and will last you 3 months.
Equivalent of 16 Pence or Cents A day. If you dont have them, Ginger, Rosemary and Turmeric, will only cost you $3.

This simple plan is part of a plan i follow, however my Plan is more complex, Simply because i take More Supplements & Herbs for my liver, and others for my Bowels and Gut, however Milk Thistle is powerful enough for your liver & MCT Oil is powerful enough for your gut. Ginger & Turmeric are powerful enough for digestion.

The logic of this plan is very simple. Boost Liver Function & Protect your Liver With Milk Thistle, In turn this reduces the Hangover effects from Kava as your liver can easily get rid of any Hepatotoxin that your might of had trouble with, before using the Milk Thistle. Reduce Digestive issues with Ginger & turmeric. Boost Energy in the morning with MCT Oil & B-Vitamins.
Awesome post! These are things I know I should be doing and some of those things are kind of regular but, like you called it, I don't necessarily have a plan for keeping the stress on my liver down. Looking at it like you wrote it, these things don't seem so overwhelming and are a few simple things to add in to a diet plan. Nice job!

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
I'm glad that you started this thread, I've been experiencing the same thing and have been looking for posts. I am curious, what has your weekly alcohol intake been over time, and your age? For me it was roughly 0-1 drinks/week until I was 23, then 25 drinks/week for 3 years, then 40 drinks/week for 3 years, 2 years sober, and I'm 31. I want to know how current or prior stress on the liver factors into kava metabolization even if that kava is noble.

What keeron says bothers me, partly due to my lack of knowledge. If noble kava has very low hepatoxicity, but someone has unknown low to moderate liver damage in the past, does this mean it just takes your liver longer to metabolize it? And if so, during that process, does that mean your liver gets fatty as it focuses on metabolizing the kava, similar to what happens with alcohol? Or the kavalactones are just passively in your system longer? This is probably the most important factor from my perspective, because a hangover is a hangover in terms of over-indulgence, but long term damage is a whole different thing.
Hi there Steve, please don't worry about Kava.
As Hundreds upon hundreds of Drugs And Herbs Contain Hepatotoxin's. I was slightly worried about Tudei the other day but then realised, this is far less damaging than your average shot of vodka is.

You average Paracetamol headache tablet, is far far worse for your Liver than Kava. Yet that hasnt been banned has it ??
Alcohol is also far worse than Kava. So dont worry about kava containing Hepatotoxin's .
If you have to, worry about how to improve your liver function.

If you are worried about your Kava affecting you, Here is a Simple Plan For You :
(Please note : I back all my advice up with Science and Proven Substances, Not Quackery Or Nonsense)

1. Supplement your diet with Choline, you can buy this In tablets for convenience and to Get the Correct Dose. It is also found in eggs.

Why am i recommending you take Choline ?

For the reason and fact that you are worried about a fatty liver, Choline is Essential for liver function, But it also Prevents Fatty Liver Disease.
Not only that, but A Diet Low in Choline actually causes Fatty Liver Disease. This is why Choline is so essential.
Choline is also Crucial For Brain Function and Development, In healthy people, Choline can be helpful for Increasing Focus & Memory.

2. Keep taking your Milk Thistle(y). This is a life saver!, This is Powerful stuff, It is used to Protect from Hepatitis C and Toxin Induced Liver Damage, Not to mention its been used to treat Mushroom Poisoning such as Death Cap Mushroom, which is amazing. Kava literally has no chance!!! You wont regret taking it.. Also may i recommend you buy Jarrow Formulas - Milk Thistle.

(This Jarrow Formulas milk thistle is far superior to anything ive tried. The Quality Control at Jarrow's is amazing. And it has 256, Five Star Reviews on Amazon and only 5 One star reviews, so its not just me who has seen amazing results. And the One Star reviews are garbage.)

3. NAC, Take a look into NAC also known as N-Acetyl-Cysteine, this is Very Powerful and is a direct precusor to Glutathione, NAC doesn't just protect your Liver, But also your Kidneys & Is used to treat Heavy Metal Poisoning. Infact, it is also used for Paracetamol overdose. Milk thistle and NAC go hand in hand. NAC is also used to treat Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder, this is mostly due to Raising Glutathione Levels in the body. And is also used to treat Acute Liver failure. and also to treat Fatty Liver Disease.

Yet again, Kava has No chance!!!. Compared to Death Cap mushrooms and heavy metal poisoning, Kava is literally nothing.

There are many other Health Benefits for taking NAC, Milk Thistle & Choline, but there's no need to mention them.
NAC + Milk Thistle + Choline = Kava has no chance whatsoever. Your Liver will be protected.
The only other things to worry about are dietary changes, just eat healthy and you will have nothing to worry about, regarding your liver.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Awesome post! These are things I know I should be doing and some of those things are kind of regular but, like you called it, I don't necessarily have a plan for keeping the stress on my liver down. Looking at it like you wrote it, these things don't seem so overwhelming and are a few simple things to add in to a diet plan. Nice job!
Great!, Im glad you liked it.
You will feel great, in roughly 3-4 weeks after including Milk Thistle & B-Right.
But MCT Oil you will notice immediately, its pretty amazing stuff. The energy is so clean. Its a nice caffeine alternative.

But, Please Note: If you are of a skinny or very slim build make sure you eat lots of protein and healthy fats, as MCT Oil has been shown to promote Weight Loss. Healthy fats such as Grass Fed Butters, Coconut Oils and Nuts such as Cashew Nuts, Brazil Nuts & Peanuts.

Dont be afraid of fats !.. If you research in the right places, you will find the truth about diets. And how the American Health System is completely wrong and how sugar,corn syrup, refined carbs and margarines are completely ruining the American Peoples health.
If you watch Jamie Oliver's TED TALK, you will found out how wrong the Food Industry is for putting so much sugar in everything.

The reason why i recommend people to be sugar free, is because sugar is the most dangerous and addictive drug in the world, which is why im sugar free. Sounds crazy, but research is there to back everything i say up.!
Just look at america and you can see why sugar is so dangerous.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Thanks for the tip. I just went to Amazon and picked up a bottle of Yarrow's Formula. I picked up that and re-upped on a 75 day supply of Raw One vitamins for ~$40 total. Not bad at all.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I've never experienced anything from kava that I would call a hangover. But just being an noob and still trying to breakthrough reverse tolerance, not sure if I have enough experience to speak on the subject. But one thing I have noticed is that as I have increased my dosage and frequency to try to break the reverse tolerance, I have been feeling very thirsty and dehydrated the last couple of days, even though I'm drinking a lot of water. Not sure it if is the kava or not, or just coincidence.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I try to keep coconut oil around but haven't tried MCT oil. Too quick on the clicking fingers, I'll try out MCT in the future though.

I hear what you're saying though about sugar. I've kicked caffeine and gluten (mostly) but sugar is the hardest one. And it's @#%@$ everywhere!

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip. I just went to Amazon and picked up a bottle of Yarrow's Formula. I picked up that and re-upped on a 75 day supply of Raw One vitamins for ~$40 total. Not bad at all.
Yeah i can see why you bought the Raw One Vitamins, because of the marketing behind them. But wait until you try Jarrow Formulas B-Right.
They are potent and you can feel them affect your Cognition and Overall Health.
The B-Vitamins they use are simply superior to any B-Vitamin Complex out there. Just research P-5-P, QUATREFOLIC, Methylcobalamin And Niacinamide.

Most Multi-Vitamins contain Cyanocobalamin a form of Vitamin B12. Which is a B Vitamin molecule bound to a Cyanide molecule. Essentially you are ingesting poison if you take this form of B12. Each time you take Cyanocobalamin your body has to flush out the Cyanide. Which is why i recommended you the Jarrow Formulas. It doesnt have any toxic Vitamins in and has the most active and potent forms, whilst containing enough Choline & Inositol to help you even more.

I dont really want to say this, as it might make you feel like you wasted money. But The Raw One Vitamins actually contain Cyanocobalamin which is toxic. However One Bottle wont hurt you, i just advise you not to bother with them again.

Yeah the marketing is on point. RAW this and RAW that.. RAW vitamins and raw Kombucha etc. When the fact is, people who know about these thing don't go near them, as the ingredients are far below than average.

Cyanocobalamin doesn't actually occur in nature,
So whoever is in charge at Vitamin Code, needs to stop lying to unsuspecting consumers about RAW vitamins.
When you receive your RAW ONE, you will notice it only says Vitamin B12, instead of Vitamin B12 (from cyanocobalamin).
These guys are sneaky. Its only displayed here, which is not on their website :http://trophicproducts.com/en-CA/products/vitamins/vitamin-code-raw-one-for-women-multi

Just quickly google cyanocobalamin vs methylcobalamin and Folic acid vs Folate. And you will see what i mean. Ive studied the Effects of Folic Acid and Cyanocobalamin, and they are not good for you.
Yeah im a know it all :watching: (not), but my end goal is just to help people. Especially when it comes to health.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
But wait until you try Jarrow Formulas B-Right.
I can attest to the quality of Jarrow. I've been taking vitamins/supplements my entire adult life and Jarrow makes some very high quality stuff. I take their 5000 IU D, MK-7, and fish oil every day. Haven't tried their B, but I am sure they are good.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
I try to keep coconut oil around but haven't tried MCT oil. Too quick on the clicking fingers, I'll try out MCT in the future though.

I hear what you're saying though about sugar. I've kicked caffeine and gluten (mostly) but sugar is the hardest one. And it's @#%@$ everywhere!
Your right about that one!! haha,
I cant avoid it, everywhere i look its there. Hiding in everything you buy, even spices and vegetables. its crazy.
I guess a little sugar wont hurt, but anything more than tiny amounts is enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.