What's new

Kava Hangovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
I can attest to the quality of Jarrow. I've been taking vitamins/supplements my entire adult life and Jarrow makes some very high quality stuff. I take their 5000 IU D, MK-7, and fish oil every day. Haven't tried their B, but I am sure they are good.
Yeah, i was taking Multi- Vitamins for years upon years and them not actually doing anything for my health, made me think, what is the actual point ??
About 6 Years ago i began research. And then eventually found the best B-Complex, which is Jarrow's B-Right.

Jarrow's B-Right, finally corrected my Folate and B12 deficiency and finally got rid of my Mental Fatigue. Which at the time i couldnt believe.
But since then, ive come to realize how important B-Vitamin Levels in your body are and how important the forms of B-Vitamins are .

The synthetic vitamins, most people say ''cheap'' synthetic vitamins are toxic, I just call them synthetic because the real fact is, Jarrow's B-Right is cheaper than most. The ''Cheap'' comes from the Manufacturing side of things, the companies such as Vitamin Code are charging a huge Mark up Price, they do this because they are making false claims and down right Wrong marketing as having superior vitamins, which makes people thing they are superior because their vitamins are RAW and from nature.

When in fact, the vitamins they put in their tablets, are not found in nature. So its impossible for their claims to be true, Its as Simple as that. lol.

And one hit of a google search button, and i found out every form of Vitamin they put in their vitamins which they do not list on the actual bottle. So within 30 seconds i found out everything i need to know. If a company uses Cyanocolbalamin they are in it for 100% profit, do not give a shit about your health and worse than that, they are ripping you off.

And back to Kava, as long as people are healthy and consciously make health decisions to Improve their Liver function. Kava poses no actual threat.
In reality, you liver has had to deal with things far worse than kava. The reason why KAVA scares people is because of how little we actually know. But from what we do know, Kava is no worse than a headache tablet.
And because we
know so little, the only thing you can do, is Protect your liver and boost the function of your liver. Why Not?

Last edited:

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
And back to Kava, as long as people are healthy and consciously make health decisions to Improve their Liver function. Kava poses no actual threat.
In reality, you liver has had to deal with things far worse than kava. The reason why KAVA scares people is because of how little we actually know. But from what we do know, Kava is no worse than a headache tablet.
And because we
know so little, the only thing you can do, is Protect your liver and boost the function of your liver. Why Not?
Hey keeron, off topic, but I wanted to ask you a question. I noticed your signature line about toss and wash. I think I understand that is just swallowing the dry powder with a water chaser, is that correct? How much do you have to use? It seems like 4 tbsp would be pretty difficult to do like that, or maybe I am misunderstanding the method.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Hey keeron, off topic, but I wanted to ask you a question. I noticed your signature line about toss and wash. I think I understand that is just swallowing the dry powder with a water chaser, is that correct? How much do you have to use? It seems like 4 tbsp would be pretty difficult to do like that, or maybe I am misunderstanding the method.
No you're not misunderstanding the method. You are totally correct !! lol! Alot of people seem to be surprised by me doing this. HAHA.
Its the easiest way ever!! to ingest kava. I initially developed or started doing this technique with all of the supplements / herbal powders i take.
I found it impossible to ingest blended powders with a drink, so i scooped them in my mouth and downed them with some water.

So i thought to myself, why not do this with Kava? So one night, i did.
And the first time i did it, was the first time i ever felt any effects from Kava.

I was so impressed with the effects and how easy this method was, im not going to change it. Also bare in mind, this takes no preparation.
In the past i was beating my kava to pulp, my hands and wrists were sore, i had to wait about 30mins to let the Kavalactones extract.
I then had to sit and drink this whilst nearly throwing up and becoming nauseous.

And then after all that time and effort , i felt no effects, made myself feel sick and became fed-up.
So after such results from scooping 2 grams of Kava in my mouth, sit there for 5 mins and then down it with water.
Im not going to go back to the Traditional Method. I see no point.

Also, your mouth becomes so extremely numb you cant even taste the Kava in your mouth. And by the end of ingesting 20-30 Grams at the end of the night, you're so Krunked you actually enjoy the Numb mouth and it adds to the Facemelting effects of Kava.

Im not worried about Kava affecting my liver. At the end of the day, you're ingesting as much Kava root as i am, no matter how much one might sieve.
Kava is still leaking through and Flavokawain B is going to definitely leak through if its sitting in the liquid.
So even if i eat the Raw Powder Unfiltered and Unstrained, we are essentially digesting the same Chemicals or Constituents.

Its just that my effects are going to be slightly more potent and im going to ingest slightly more kava, but it also takes less kava to get effects.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
No you're not misunderstanding the method. You are totally correct !! lol! Alot of people seem to be surprised by me doing this. HAHA.

Its just that my effects are going to be slightly more potent and im going to ingest slightly more kava, but it also takes less kava to get effects.
Interesting... So you're just taking it a couple of grams at a time and then water? That sounds manageable. Here I was thinking about putting a tbsp of this stuff in my mouth at one time :ROFLMAO:

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting... So you're just taking it a couple of grams at a time and then water? That sounds manageable. Here I was thinking about putting a tbsp of this stuff in my mouth at one time :ROFLMAO:
Haha, definately not!.
However, I have tried large a amount at once, just to experiment, but 2-4 grams is easy to manage and once you do the first few mouthfuls,
the rest is easier, once your mouth is numb, its exceptionally easy and nausea free, also without the hassle of preparing the kava,
i guess some people enjoy doing the preparation, but it became tiresome for me.

And effects are way more intense once felt, ive tried the traditional way on & off for year's and never gave up, but it didnt ever effect me in any largely noticeable way. Until i tried it this way. Im glad i didnt give up.

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Hi there Steve, please don't worry about Kava.
As Hundreds upon hundreds of Drugs And Herbs Contain Hepatotoxin's. I was slightly worried about Tudei the other day but then realised, this is far less damaging than your average shot of vodka is.

You average Paracetamol headache tablet, is far far worse for your Liver than Kava. Yet that hasnt been banned has it ??
Alcohol is also far worse than Kava. So dont worry about kava containing Hepatotoxin's .
If you have to, worry about how to improve your liver function.

If you are worried about your Kava affecting you, Here is a Simple Plan For You :
(Please note : I back all my advice up with Science and Proven Substances, Not Quackery Or Nonsense)

1. Supplement your diet with Choline, you can buy this In tablets for convenience and to Get the Correct Dose. It is also found in eggs.

Why am i recommending you take Choline ?

For the reason and fact that you are worried about a fatty liver, Choline is Essential for liver function, But it also Prevents Fatty Liver Disease.
Not only that, but A Diet Low in Choline actually causes Fatty Liver Disease. This is why Choline is so essential.
Choline is also Crucial For Brain Function and Development, In healthy people, Choline can be helpful for Increasing Focus & Memory.

2. Keep taking your Milk Thistle(y). This is a life saver!, This is Powerful stuff, It is used to Protect from Hepatitis C and Toxin Induced Liver Damage, Not to mention its been used to treat Mushroom Poisoning such as Death Cap Mushroom, which is amazing. Kava literally has no chance!!! You wont regret taking it.. Also may i recommend you buy Jarrow Formulas - Milk Thistle.

(This Jarrow Formulas milk thistle is far superior to anything ive tried. The Quality Control at Jarrow's is amazing. And it has 256, Five Star Reviews on Amazon and only 5 One star reviews, so its not just me who has seen amazing results. And the One Star reviews are garbage.)

3. NAC, Take a look into NAC also known as N-Acetyl-Cysteine, this is Very Powerful and is a direct precusor to Glutathione, NAC doesn't just protect your Liver, But also your Kidneys & Is used to treat Heavy Metal Poisoning. Infact, it is also used for Paracetamol overdose. Milk thistle and NAC go hand in hand. NAC is also used to treat Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder, this is mostly due to Raising Glutathione Levels in the body. And is also used to treat Acute Liver failure. and also to treat Fatty Liver Disease.

Yet again, Kava has No chance!!!. Compared to Death Cap mushrooms and heavy metal poisoning, Kava is literally nothing.

There are many other Health Benefits for taking NAC, Milk Thistle & Choline, but there's no need to mention them.
NAC + Milk Thistle + Choline = Kava has no chance whatsoever. Your Liver will be protected.
The only other things to worry about are dietary changes, just eat healthy and you will have nothing to worry about, regarding your liver.
Thank you for all the info/help. I bought Jarrow B-12 lozenges and NAC earlier : )

And yeah, there is so much trickiness with vitamins, with methyl b-12 being one of them. I remembered that last Sept. I was complaining about fatigue (yeah I know) and attributed it to my GNC multi (which was honestly a piece of shit), and read that forms of vitamin C aside from l-ascorbic acid could cause fatigue. So my current multi has that, but not methyl b-12 nor NAC, which my multi a few years ago had. I took NAC all the time because it was supposed to help with acne, along with inositol, DMAE, and ALA. It would be cool if a capsule multivitamin was produced which was actually good.

Last edited:
D

Deactivated Account

Anyway, any information on this topic would be appreciated and I apologize if this has been discussed a lot and I have just failed to find the threads before posting....
Hair of the dog for me…..and that first one can be tougher than chewing railway tracks the next morning.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Wow, thanks for all of the great replies. This is the type of information that I was wanting.

Keeron: I agree with that list and many of those things I already do when consuming alcohol. Milk Thistle, I have heard of it and have been considered using it due to it’s ability to strengthen, and even heal damaged livers. I use ginger frequently, either as a tea or ground root added to food/drinks. I also use vitamin C and high quality B complex (with activated B2/B6/metafolin/methylcobalamin). I know the consumption of alcohol is bad for my body but I don’t abuse it in every way. My diet is pretty clean as it is, I eat mainly organic vegetables and grassfed beef/free range chicken as well as grass fed milk/cheese and butter. I eat very little grains. My sugar intake is very low though I do enjoy cookies or pastries sometimes, its not something I consume large amounts of during the day. I also use coconut oil and I use coconut water for its hydrating effects. Something else I have found that seems to help is chamomile tea. I usually drink that and coconut water while consuming alcohol in large amounts. I also take NAC late in the night or early in the morning (1gram capsules). I also use high doses of Niacin which I have found to be very helpful, though I am aware it is also processed by the liver. I guess I need to just start employing the same tactics with kava.

Steve: My situation is quite similar to yours. 0/1 drinks a week until age 24, the next couple years, increased to about 24-26 a week, a few years after 35-45 drinks a week. I’m now 33. I also like to work out and my biggest side effect from the alcohol is feeling like I’m drained all the time. I also cannot run for much of a distance but that is normal for me, I have never had good endurance which is why I started weight training. As far as the Benzo/Kava interaction, Benzo’s are risky to mix with anything that depresses your CNS but it just depends on the person, tolerance, etc. And I’m surprised your psychiatrist didn’t try to convince you to stop Kava! They usually hate anything other than their drugs. Do you take anything for sleep other than Traz? What kind of Kava are you drinking/how much/how often?

Infraredz: Thanks for the information. I also agree, knowing the strain of the source region would be great. It wouldn’t be too burdensome on the vendors, kind of like buying wine.

I think I will just need to do more experimentation and take in consideration all of the precautions. I just got a bag of Borogu and Boroguru in the mail from BKH, so I will see how they work out. Also, FWIW, I never really noticed any kind of reverse tolerance issue. My initial Kava use was ground root (kona) which I found to be somewhat useful but very weak. I’ve tried some other brands (none of the vendors on this site) various extracts and instant mixes and only got a bit of benefit from using huge amounts, so I know a bit about Kava but am really new to the high quality stuff.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you for all the info/help. I bought Jarrow B-12 lozenges and NAC earlier : )

And yeah, there is so much trickiness with vitamins, with methyl b-12 being one of them. I remembered that last Sept. I was complaining about fatigue (yeah I know) and attributed it to my GNC multi (which was honestly a piece of shit), and read that forms of vitamin C aside from l-ascorbic acid could cause fatigue. So my current multi has that, but not methyl b-12 nor NAC, which my multi a few years ago had. I took NAC all the time because it was supposed to help with acne, along with inositol, DMAE, and ALA. It would be cool if a capsule multivitamin was produced which was actually good.
Hey steve.

Just a warning!.. If you have Mercury & Amalgam fillings in your teeth or if you suspect you have fairly large amounts of mercury in your body,
Try not to take Alpha Lipoic Acid, as its been shown to draw mercury out of your body and displace it and move it to places like your brain which
can cause long term damage, as ALA crosses the Blood Brain Barrier, this means it can move the Mercury from your Fillings and Your Body, To your Brain.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is best taken after you have detoxed your body from mercury. And then removed all Mercury fillings if you have them.

I was going to take ALA, until i researched it thoroughly, a quick Wiki and a Benefits of ALA Blog Post is not enough, as most don't even know about how strong it is at chelating Mercury. http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

However, loads of people take ALA on a daily basis. So Mercury Toxicity might be low enough on average, to not have the Mercury displacement happen. Although i would not take it, no matter what, if you have Mercury Fillings. If you dont then ALA might be safe enough.

Last edited:

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Wow, thanks for all of the great replies. This is the type of information that I was wanting.

Keeron: I agree with that list and many of those things I already do when consuming alcohol. Milk Thistle, I have heard of it and have been considered using it due to it’s ability to strengthen, and even heal damaged livers. I use ginger frequently, either as a tea or ground root added to food/drinks. I also use vitamin C and high quality B complex (with activated B2/B6/metafolin/methylcobalamin). I know the consumption of alcohol is bad for my body but I don’t abuse it in every way. My diet is pretty clean as it is, I eat mainly organic vegetables and grassfed beef/free range chicken as well as grass fed milk/cheese and butter. I eat very little grains. My sugar intake is very low though I do enjoy cookies or pastries sometimes, its not something I consume large amounts of during the day. I also use coconut oil and I use coconut water for its hydrating effects. Something else I have found that seems to help is chamomile tea. I usually drink that and coconut water while consuming alcohol in large amounts. I also take NAC late in the night or early in the morning (1gram capsules). I also use high doses of Niacin which I have found to be very helpful, though I am aware it is also processed by the liver. I guess I need to just start employing the same tactics with kava.

Steve: My situation is quite similar to yours. 0/1 drinks a week until age 24, the next couple years, increased to about 24-26 a week, a few years after 35-45 drinks a week. I’m now 33. I also like to work out and my biggest side effect from the alcohol is feeling like I’m drained all the time. I also cannot run for much of a distance but that is normal for me, I have never had good endurance which is why I started weight training. As far as the Benzo/Kava interaction, Benzo’s are risky to mix with anything that depresses your CNS but it just depends on the person, tolerance, etc. And I’m surprised your psychiatrist didn’t try to convince you to stop Kava! They usually hate anything other than their drugs. Do you take anything for sleep other than Traz? What kind of Kava are you drinking/how much/how often?

Infraredz: Thanks for the information. I also agree, knowing the strain of the source region would be great. It wouldn’t be too burdensome on the vendors, kind of like buying wine.

I think I will just need to do more experimentation and take in consideration all of the precautions. I just got a bag of Borogu and Boroguru in the mail from BKH, so I will see how they work out. Also, FWIW, I never really noticed any kind of reverse tolerance issue. My initial Kava use was ground root (kona) which I found to be somewhat useful but very weak. I’ve tried some other brands (none of the vendors on this site) various extracts and instant mixes and only got a bit of benefit from using huge amounts, so I know a bit about Kava but am really new to the high quality stuff.
Great!(y).. It sounds like you're eating healthy enough, already. Cookies And pastries once every month or every now and then is nothing.
Its only if we eat them every single day or few days, that it will affect our health. I also eat some grains, such as rice. I see no harm in that.
I only see harm in Wheat and similar grains, which contains Gliadin, which is basically a poison. And it acts Like opiates in the brain.
And yeah, keep taking the Milk Thistle and NAC, try get Jarrow's Milk Thistle. I only recommend them because of the Quality Control behind them,
Jarrow's Milk Thistle has been shown to Increase Liver Enymes and Function over other brands which may use lesser quality herb.

I seriously see no harm in Kava whatsoever. All you have to do is protect your liver, its as simple as that.
If your liver is protected, it can fight off toxins , poisons, and even Poisonous Substances that are supposed to kill you.
Kava Root isn't poisonous but contains Hepatotoxins, which your Liver should be able to easily deal with, if its Protected and Functioning Correctly.

I've studied scientific literature on Kava and the people who got damaged by Kava.
They came across some conclusions that Kava can be Hepatotoxic because, 12%–21% of Caucasians are poor metabolisers of CYP2D6 enzymes compared to less than 1% for Asians/Pacific Islanders, which may contribute to the lower incidence of kava hepatotoxicity in the Pacific.

CYP2D6 enzymes are responsible for hydroxylation and demethylation of kavalactones.. So kavalactone metabolism can be different, in westerners compared to the Indigenous Pacific islanders. Which is not surprising considering how long Kava has been used in the south pacific.
Research is suggestive that cholestasis rather than hepatocellular damage is associated with Kava, Which is why i recommend Milk Thistle, and why i take S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe).

Inflammation appears to be involved in both forms of Hepatotoxicity induced by Kava and may be a result from activation of liver macrophages (Kupffer cells). A burst Of Kupffer cells could be a cause of Kava's Toxicity.
So one might want to inhibit Kupffer Cells, which can be done Safely and easily with Glycine, An Amino Acid. Glycine is also Hepapoprotective.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22546493 And can protect form potential liver injuries. I take Glycine sometimes before bed. It also improves sleep quality.

However Milk thistle can Inhibit Kupffer Cells http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8666328.
So you can now see why i recommend you to take Milk Thistle. Not only that, but Jarrow's Milk Thistle.
And you can see why Milk Thistle and your liver are so importan Glycine is also a good Amino Acid to take.

We also may want to Increase CYP2D6 activity, this may lead to greater demethylating Kavalactones.
We might wast to increase the more CYP450 enymes also, CYP450 enzyes are responsible for metabolizing Kava.
So basically you want to regulate the CYP450 enymes, which includes CYP2D6 and all the other enzymes which metabolize Kava.

Ginkgo biloba increases the activity of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 and CYP1A2 and 2D6.
So Ginkgo Biloba can be useful.

Apiaceous vegetables decrease CYP450 enzymes, such as celery, fennel, parsley, parsnip and carrot.
Brassica vegetables increase CYP450, such as cabbage,cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Collard Greens & Kale.
So Eat loads of Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage and sprouts and limit celery, parsnip and fennel etc.

If you dont like veg, simply buy Broccoli Powder and down it, or mix it in a drink.
Still eat a varied diet, but boost the amount of Broccoli, Cabbages, Sprouts etc.
Biotin (Vitamin B7) also increases Expression of the Cytochrome P450.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
....And then after all that time and effort , i felt no effects, made myself feel sick and became fed-up.
So after such results from scooping 2 grams of Kava in my mouth, sit there for 5 mins and then down it with water.
Im not going to go back to the Traditional Method. I see no point.....
I find it hard to believe that if this is the way you consume most of your Kava, that you are not experiencing any side-effects, like dermopathy or nausea or upset stomach. If you are not, then you are a truly lucky guy. BTW How much Kava are you consuming on average per day/week?

D

Deleted User01

If you are going to do toss and wash, then you might as well do micronized. GHK takes his thru a special process that helps to rupture the cell walls and release more Kavalactones. Plus you get less of that bulky useless kava fiber that you don't need. I do a lot of micronized and no problems yet but I do everything in moderation.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
I find it hard to believe that if this is the way you consume most of your Kava, that you are not experiencing any side-effects, like dermopathy or nausea or upset stomach. If you are not, then you are a truly lucky guy. BTW How much Kava are you consuming on average per day/week?
I consumed 150-200 Grams last week, of Malekula Magic Unstrained. I've currently run out of Kava. Im waiting for an Order from BKH, Some Nambawan & Koniak. A total of 1 Kilo.
Lets hope im right with this, But i think that i can combat the side effects such as dermopathy and nausea, with a supplement routine i have in place.

I've got it all planned out on what im going to do.

Im going to Consume large amounts of Kava daily for 12 months, i may not make it every day because of the chances of Running out of Kava etc.
Im going to Create A Diet & Supplement plan that im going to follow each day.
And im going to see if i get any bad health effects, from consuming Raw Uncut & unstrained Kava.

Im also going to be using Tudei! alongside Noble Kavas.
I truly believe that with the right nutrition and protection my liver, bowels & kidneys are going to receive, Kava wont have a bad affect on my health, i hope.
I can see my self taking 20-30 Grams a day on average, Unstrained.

If i dont expereince Dermopathy or any other side effects, i will be sure to let everyone here know what my Plan has been, so they can try it for themselves.
If i notice any negative health effects i will report them on here, in various posts etc. I will also try to ''cure'' myself from any side effects.
If i cant ''cure'' myself from any side effects, i will have to discontinue daily Kava use and separate the days apart or use a strainer.

I may also look into, getting my liver checked out at the end of it all.
Ohh and btw, the only side effect im actually worried about is an Everlasting Numb Mouth. :nailbiting:
Ive had a numb mouth for 5 days since my last Kava intake. Which is the only side effect ive experienced.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Sounds like a "Noble" plan to me. :rolleyes: Ya know, you should ask the vendors to give you free Tudie, ISA, PNG, and Wacky Waka at no charge since you are volunteering to attempt to absolve them. And get them to pay for all those supplements too. I have always said that the Kava Forum is a giant lab and we are the "lab rats". Good luck and Godspeed.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
...If i dont expereince Dermopathy or any other side effects, i will be sure to let everyone here know what my Plan has been, so they can try it for themselves.
If i notice any negative health effects i will report them on here, in various posts etc.....
Sounds like a great experiment to me. But please do regular progress reports, not just when something odd happens. It's kind of like going to the doctor and he takes a test and says "We'll let you know if we find anything wrong". Then it drives me crazy because it's very conceivable he doesn't have my correct phone number or address. It's getting better though. Now they have an online feature, where you can log on and see the results of your tests without having to ask the doctor (that's pretty cool).

D

Deleted User01

Good idea HeadHodge. The other thing that drives me crazy is when people just "turn on, tune in, drop out". Then we never know what happened. :banghead:

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
@keeron Just did a quick google study of Cyanocolbalamin vs. the Methyl... source of B-12 and it was easy to see how we are getting ripped off by a lot of vitamin makers. And how harmful the Cyano... type is to our bodies. What concerned me about Garden of Life (which is a huge brand at my local co-op and other health stores) is that the type of B-12 was not listed on the label. At least what I viewed from screenshots. I have a bottle, almost gone, at home that I'll check when I get there.

I know this isn't necessarily on topic of kava specifically but I'm glad this discussion happened since it changed the way I viewed my supplements. I guess this definitely on topic of supplementing so your body can better handle the kava. Thanks for being diligent in reporting what you learned!

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds like a great experiment to me. But please do regular progress reports, not just when something odd happens. It's kind of like going to the doctor and he takes a test and says "We'll let you know if we find anything wrong". Then it drives me crazy because it's very conceivable he doesn't have my correct phone number or address. It's getting better though. Now they have an online feature, where you can log on and see the results of your tests without having to ask the doctor (that's pretty cool).
Dont worry @HeadHodge. i will do , I might even just create a blog, to make it easier to follow, and write A Kava diary written in a daily progressive format, so its easy to keep track of.
Im also heavily interested in health, so my blog will be primarily health based, but i'll have a little Kava section and experimental Herb section. (Herbs to promote health etc... )
This is if i go through with it, i can get a website built in 48 hours. I might have a think later, whether to buy a domain name etc..

Good idea HeadHodge. The other thing that drives me crazy is when people just "turn on, tune in, drop out". Then we never know what happened. :banghead:
And @Deleted User01.
I hate it when that happens lmao. I see it happen on other forums all the time. Ill try not to do drop out and be a mystery :pompus: lol..
Ive stuck around since the end days of Kavalounge so im not going to vanish on purpose or anything.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Dont worry @HeadHodge.... i will do , I might even just create a blog, to make it easier to follow, and write A Kava diary written in a daily progressive format, so its easy to keep track of....
We have a Kavapedia TAG exactly for that (called KAVA BLOG). So that would be the perfect TAG to use.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
@keeron Just did a quick google study of Cyanocolbalamin vs. the Methyl... source of B-12 and it was easy to see how we are getting ripped off by a lot of vitamin makers. And how harmful the Cyano... type is to our bodies. What concerned me about Garden of Life (which is a huge brand at my local co-op and other health stores) is that the type of B-12 was not listed on the label. At least what I viewed from screenshots. I have a bottle, almost gone, at home that I'll check when I get there.

I know this isn't necessarily on topic of kava specifically but I'm glad this discussion happened since it changed the way I viewed my supplements. I guess this definitely on topic of supplementing so your body can better handle the kava. Thanks for being diligent in reporting what you learned!
Hey @TidyMinion ..

Yeah, im glad you had a little browse on google. All the claims i made can be backed up, if you dig deep enough. Cyanacolbalamin is not good for you in the long term.
And, Yeah, i know!! Garden Of Life look so trustworthy and friendly, with their products like RAW PROTEIN etc. I first looked on the back of the RAW Vitamins Bottle and noticed something fishy and eventually found out the ingredient list, and can safely tell you, its best to stay away from them.

If you ever get around to buying a Protein product Stay away from Garden Of Life , buy Undenatured Whey Protein, the health effects of this protein is Amazing!!..
It boosts Glutathione, which can be very helpful when consuming Kava, not to mention its Anti-Cancer & Muscle building properties.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15253675 and this tells you pretty much everything : http://www.sgn80.com/docs/one_world_whey_report.pdf

Im just saying this because, i once was interested in Garden Of Life products and was going the buy their proteins, vitamins and superblends.
But i did a little research into them.

Oh and btw, i think i might be creating a blog in the future, this is just touching the outskirts, regarding health.
My blog is going to provide a decade of research into easy to digest information, to hopefully help improve people's health.
Ive had to overcome, health issues as well as mental issues, things like anxiety & depression or should i say *Growing Pains* of becoming an adult LOL.

I havent even touched 5% of the wealth of information and knowledge about health or the vitamin or supplement industry in this forum.
As i touch on health related topics in this forum, i try and keep it on topic, towards Kava.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.