What's new

Kava is beautiful.

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
Is this going to be a krunk-induced rant on how amazing Kava is?
yes. lol.
Alittle over a year and a half ago I tried Kava for the first time, after googling remedies for anxiety. I went to the local vitamin store, got a simple extract and tried it out. I immediately felt wonderful, fell asleep, and woke up feeling... Different. Like a switch had been flipped in my brain. It took me back to feeling normal. After this, i'd occasionally use Kava on days where I was very stressed out, but never daily. After I quit marijuana (it actually made me more anxious, than relaxed, ironically) I switched over to Kava full time. My life begin to change, in a very positive way. Things no longer carried a negative outlook consistently, and instead, carried a positive one. Life goals were no longer out of reach. (I have no issues with Marijuana, it's phenomenal for some people, just not for me.)
In present day, after using boat loads of Kava, both medicinally, and recreationally (as I have tonight which led me to typing this in the first place lol) I can safely say, it has changed my life. I no longer suffer from daily panic attacks, debilitating ones, at that. I can go out and live my life. I can do the things I never thought possible. Now of course this isn't all thanks to Kava, lots of work ensued, mentally, socially, etc. but with the help of Kava, all of that was possible.
The bottom line is, I truly feel that every time I use Kava, I learn more and more about myself. It really removes mental blockages and allows you to confront yourself in ways that you perhaps did not want to beforehand. It's almost always a spiritual experience for me, and a wonderful one it is, time and time again. Recently, i've been stepping out of the medicinal side of Kava and going up to higher amounts I usually didn't in the past. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and the more "intoxicating" side of Kava has been interesting to explore for the first time. I have been close to Krunk on Kava before, but never to the point I have been lately. I'm amazed to hear how much some of you on these forums drink! When I hit about 6-8 TBSP I get that eye lag and I feel wonderful, mentally, and physically. I'm not sure what would happen if I went past that. I'm well aware that not every krunk is a good krunk... It's amazing how the clarity of mind remains. I may sound intoxicated to others in person, but it isn't because I am that way mentally, it's mostly just because i'm too relaxed to want to speak to them!
Regardless of all my rambling - this amazing community has been created around an AMAZING root. I know i'm thankful for all of you, and this root. I'm sure all of you are as well.
Perhaps this rant came out sounding weird. Hopefully not, i'm too krunk to go back and proof-read. I'm just going to enjoy it. Thank you all for reading! Kava is a wonderful, wonderful thing and deserves so much more recognition. It can be life changing for so many people.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
yes. lol.
Alittle over a year and a half ago I tried Kava for the first time, after googling remedies for anxiety. I went to the local vitamin store, got a simple extract and tried it out. I immediately felt wonderful, fell asleep, and woke up feeling... Different. Like a switch had been flipped in my brain. It took me back to feeling normal. After this, i'd occasionally use Kava on days where I was very stressed out, but never daily. After I quit marijuana (it actually made me more anxious, than relaxed, ironically) I switched over to Kava full time. My life begin to change, in a very positive way. Things no longer carried a negative outlook consistently, and instead, carried a positive one. Life goals were no longer out of reach. (I have no issues with Marijuana, it's phenomenal for some people, just not for me.)
In present day, after using boat loads of Kava, both medicinally, and recreationally (as I have tonight which led me to typing this in the first place lol) I can safely say, it has changed my life. I no longer suffer from daily panic attacks, debilitating ones, at that. I can go out and live my life. I can do the things I never thought possible. Now of course this isn't all thanks to Kava, lots of work ensued, mentally, socially, etc. but with the help of Kava, all of that was possible.
The bottom line is, I truly feel that every time I use Kava, I learn more and more about myself. It really removes mental blockages and allows you to confront yourself in ways that you perhaps did not want to beforehand. It's almost always a spiritual experience for me, and a wonderful one it is, time and time again. Recently, i've been stepping out of the medicinal side of Kava and going up to higher amounts I usually didn't in the past. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and the more "intoxicating" side of Kava has been interesting to explore for the first time. I have been close to Krunk on Kava before, but never to the point I have been lately. I'm amazed to hear how much some of you on these forums drink! When I hit about 6-8 TBSP I get that eye lag and I feel wonderful, mentally, and physically. I'm not sure what would happen if I went past that. I'm well aware that not every krunk is a good krunk... It's amazing how the clarity of mind remains. I may sound intoxicated to others in person, but it isn't because I am that way mentally, it's mostly just because i'm too relaxed to want to speak to them!
Regardless of all my rambling - this amazing community has been created around an AMAZING root. I know i'm thankful for all of you, and this root. I'm sure all of you are as well.
Perhaps this rant came out sounding weird. Hopefully not, i'm too krunk to go back and proof-read. I'm just going to enjoy it. Thank you all for reading! Kava is a wonderful, wonderful thing and deserves so much more recognition. It can be life changing for so many people.
I heart this

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I'm just wondering have you ever tried using only indicas as far as marijuana goes? I find I freak out on the high THC sativa but can ingest indicas all day & night with no anxiety. Not knocking your journey at all, but I too at one time thought I might have to give up on marijuana then realized it's all about the strains you use.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
yes. lol.
Like others, I love your story and kava is a great plant that has helped many people. But I see your title and it says that Kava is beautiful. I have to say your right. Here is a picture of some of the kava I grow. I hope you enjoy the beautiful kava. Aloha nui loa.

Chris
DSC_8400.jpg
kava pictures 11-11 167.jpg

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
This post is just glorious, including the kava pictures, but also your words. It makes my heart happy when others find the joy that I have in kava. Good job on taking care of yourself. You're now able to do your best on a new level, and really, isn't that what we all want? Bula.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
Indeed...kava is an essential part of my life.
It's sad that it gets mixed in with K@ and 'K@ culture', but the K@ side is what keeps most kava bars afloat here in Florida. K@ is, in my opinion, a drug. I have done it before of course, several times, but it is definitely a "drugged" type experience and the crowd that follows it tends to be more of the opiate-loving group.