What's new

Kava Recipe Kava Kewler Recipe of the Week.

D

Deleted User01

So the Three Kavateers are working tirelessly to come up recipes for Kava drinks. Drinks for special ocasions or the weekend.
Today's recipe will be one in a series which we will call "Kava Kewlers". I will be testing it this afternoon but here is the approximate recipe.

Antioxidant Intoxicant
8 oz. of pomegranate juice
1 bottle of good Ginger Ale
1 lime.
Pomegranate Molasses is optional but I will be playing with it.

In a cup add 4 oz. of luke warm pomegranate juice.
Add at least 2 tablespoons of good Hawaiian Instant Kava or whatever you have on hand.
Stir well to dissolve the Kava.
Now add 4 oz of pomegrante juice to make it 8 oz.
Add 6 oz. of Ginger Ale.
Squeeze the juice of 1 lime in your drink.
Add ice.
Now find a sunny spot, put on your sunglasses and hat, and chillout.:cool:

Notes.
I may add the pom. molass. at the bottom of the glass before pouring the ginger ale. It will be added for sweetness.
If you can't get a fancy brand of Ginger Ale then Canada Dry works fine.
I also have cranberry juice and was thinking of making cranberry ice cubes and adding that.
It is important to add as much flavor as possible so we are trying to avoid plan water.

Blomdor

Envoy of the Dealfish
Ye have a way with good names for ye creations, O java one.

Mmm, pomegranate.

I will be trying this at some point, but my budget is restrictive...not sure how much pomegranate juice would be.

D

Deleted User01

I was remiss in not stating the substitutions. Cranberry would be a very good substitute and so would grape juice. You can add honey or agave syrup if you need more sweetness. The pomegranate juice can be pricy sometimes so check out the frozen section of your grocer and see if they have something already prepared with grape, cranberry, pomegranate or any combination of them. If you aren't a fan of ginger ale then maybe some lemon/lime sody pop or creme soda. Our recipes can be looked upon as guidelines but they are based on proven cocktail recipes. Of course here at the Kava Forum, we march to the beat of our own drummer.

One more thing, if you make your own combo and it comes out really good, please post YOUR recipe so the rest of us can can try it.

D

Deleted User01

I did the recipe. It is very good. The ginger ale gives it that fizz and makes it very, very refreshing. Not filling at all. The lime gives the ginger ale a zing. I was sipping on it just now and just enjoying the taste until my throat went numb and I started getting that creeping Kava feeling in my brain and then I remembered that I put 2 tablespoons of instant in there. The color is purple, not bright purple, but purple enough to make me happy. This one is a keeper. Cheers!:joyful:

I had to edit this post and remind you guys to make sure you stir the drink as you drink it. I can see the instant trying to go to the bottom. Maybe next time I will have enough patience to heat up the 4 oz. of juice with instant so it dissolves better and then put it in the fridge to chill. But I couldn't wait ....

Last edited by a moderator:

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Well done Deleted User01 , Fo sho gonna make that too this weekend. Ahhh so many drinks so little time :wacky:

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
I can tell now it's gonna be a classic. Crucial part of this recipe is the last line I think "Now find a sunny spot, put on your sunglasses and hat, and chillout"

D

Deleted User01

Well guys, both Doobie Doo and Kavanewbe made the cocktail with their own substitutions and everyone was happy, happy. I may do a variation of the recipe on Sunday and this time I will be outside in the patio, not in my office.

I did want to make one last comment concerning the give and take between the vendors on this forum. We are very blessed to have so many knowledgeable vendors who are supplying us with top notch Kava. If you want a high Kavain Hawaiian Kava, you got it. If you are looking for a body punch from Vanuatu or PNG, there it is. I have about 5 different Kavas in my Kava Cabinet from at least 3 vendors and they all serve a specific purpose. I will be reviewing one of the newer arrivals this Sunday god willing and the creek don't rise.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, roundup of the recipe for the week. As we say at the Kava Kitchens, we eat our own cooking. So I decided to substitute Cranberry for Pomagrante. I used regular old cranberry juice. In the morning, I dumped a tab of GHK Instant and a tab of their Micronized in 6 or so oz. of cranberry and I heated it up to dissolve. Yipes, it's clumping. Can someone explain this? I don't know if it was the micronized or the instant that clumped but maybe heating it up was a bad idea. After sorting that out put the mixture into the fridge for later.

Later. Now dump the cranberry into a tall glass and add ginger ale and ice.. Very tasty. I went back to freshen up my drink with Ginger Ale and I remembered about the lime. I squeezed half a lime in there and that made a HUGE difference in taste. I was outside the sun was out but the wind was blowing like a hurricane so it was less than ideal. Conclusion, ginger ale and lime can be the foundation for a ton of recipes with different fruit juices. FYI, I recommend you buy a four pack or 6 pack of ginger ale so you can enjoy a fresh bottle with lime by itself. And what a great cure for an upset tummy.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I
Ok, roundup of the recipe for the week. As we say at the Kava Kitchens, we eat our own cooking. So I decided to substitute Cranberry for Pomagrante. I used regular old cranberry juice. In the morning, I dumped a tab of GHK Instant and a tab of their Micronized in 6 or so oz. of cranberry and I heated it up to dissolve. Yipes, it's clumping. Can someone explain this? I don't know if it was the micronized or the instant that clumped but maybe heating it up was a bad idea. After sorting that out put the mixture into the fridge for later.

Later. Now dump the cranberry into a tall glass and add ginger ale and ice.. Very tasty. I went back to freshen up my drink with Ginger Ale and I remembered about the lime. I squeezed half a lime in there and that made a HUGE difference in taste. I was outside the sun was out but the wind was blowing like a hurricane so it was less than ideal. Conclusion, ginger ale and lime can be the foundation for a ton of recipes with different fruit juices. FYI, I recommend you buy a four pack or 6 pack of ginger ale so you can enjoy a fresh bottle with lime by itself. And what a great cure for an upset tummy.
Awesome!! I really liked the cranberry and ginger ..didn't have a lime on hand but I can't wait to try !!